Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061752 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Bought a new HD TV, which I have yet to even use. Didn't have a TV for years, now I can't get used to the fact that I have to watch what TV-stations decide to air. So annoying.

MY DEAR SIR I BELIEVE WHAT YOU COULD DO IS POSSIBLY FIND SOME ELECTRONIC DEVICE CAPABLE OF PLAYING VIDEOS, SUCH AS A PERSONAL COMPUTER OR DVD PLAYER, AND THEN USE YOUR NEWLY PURCHASED TELEVISION AS THE DISPLAY FOR THESE DEVICES. BY DOING SO YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO WATCH WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT, AND NO LONGER BE BOUND BY THE SCHEDULES OF TV PROVIDERS. OF COURSE BY DOING SO, YOU MAY THEN BE UNABLE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SAID SCHEDULES, BUT SUCH IS LIFE.

:p
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Reading about early 1900's radio-controlled dreadnoughts, and Leander class frigates.

Why i don't read more into my nations sea-going warfare i'll never know. My head is full or PBX RDX and ANFO, slapper detonators, HeSH-based EFP's, LDD-fired frag bombs encased in roadside animal corpses and many many more serch/eod-based exploits.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I am now a Canadian citizen! I also got a whoopass -32 C Day with Arctic winds as the country's "Welcome to Canada, sucker" present. Tomorrow we expect -36 C.

Offline Rhys

Had to walk across campus in windy 4 F weather. Not fun at all. My fingers had completely numbed by the time I reached the IT building. When will this go away!? :(

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Had to walk across campus in windy 4 F weather. Not fun at all. My fingers had completely numbed by the time I reached the IT building. When will this go away!? :(

Dear sir/madam,

Try a 20 minute walk to campus in -40°C and 30 cm of fresh snow sometime.  Then you can complain.

Sincerely,

The parts of the world that actually get "winter."
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

Dear sir/madam,

Try a 20 minute walk to campus in -40°C and 30 cm of fresh snow sometime.  Then you can complain.

Sincerely,

Or forty minutes in -50, NO windchill
As for the hands, I get that numbness in +5C. I've terrible circulation to my hands so they're perpetually cold and on the brink of becoming ice
Been meaning to test a theory though. Cold hands to sensual areas of a female body, more interesting of a feeling?
"No"

Offline Aardwolf

Dear sir/madam,

Sincerely,

-40°C ? You must mean -40°F

:trollface:

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
it's funny all the "you don't know what cold IS!!" that happens around winter.

less funny when it's a coworker that complains about the room temp being >70 and turns the ****ing AC on in the winter.  while the dumbass is wearing a hoodie.
I like to stare at the sun.

it's funny all the "you don't know what cold IS!!" that happens around winter.

less funny when it's a coworker that complains about the room temp being >70 and turns the ****ing AC on in the winter.  while the dumbass is wearing a hoodie.

:mad:

I'm getting angry just thinking about it. I cannot stand people like that.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline watsisname

-40K? :V

So ****ing cold all the molecules stop and say "**** this".  And then they turn around and go home.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline deathfun

So ****ing cold all the molecules stop and say "**** this".  And then they turn around and go home.

But see, they can't go home because they're immobilized. It's also impressive that's it's below absolute zero
"No"

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quote from: watsisname link=topic=53623.msg1668370#msg1668370

They just throw up their hands and get hot again.

Offline Aardwolf

That's gotta be a mis-dumbing down of it. My dad was telling me years ago about negative temperatures induced via magnetism somehow, and he said nothing about this "hotter than any positive temperature" crap.

Also, planck temperature is an interesting concept.

Offline watsisname

Bose-Einstein Condensates are cool.  Literally and figuratively.

And I had no idea about this negative temperature bullcorn, apparently its a statement about entropy according to the wiki article.  Still sounds like shenanigans to me.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
Would be interesting if antimatter was in the negative Kelvins as compared to matter.

WHIML: finished with a .pak file extractor that took me 8 months to research, test, and complete, and now getting setup to get wxFRED going along. :)

Also got registered to take the FE for EEEN this April, and I'm working "part time" at a convince store to get some cash flowing my way (better than sitting at home browsing the job boards and twiddling thumbs all day).
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Aardwolf

My cat Spooky isn't eating much... I hope he's alright :(

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
snowing.  tempted to go snowskimming, but no time.  it's not gonna be terribly fun driving in this to go downtown to see halestorm tonight though.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline watsisname

I want more snow. :(  1 inch is lame. 

Offline deathfun

As of late I've been breaking out in song and dance after I wake up in the morning
I think this whole not having slept well in a long time is getting to me on a sanity level
"No"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I want more snow. :(  1 inch is lame. 

Derbyshire UK, we getting enough that a couple of minutes after clearing a patch it there is a fairly solid coating
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art