Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3212140 times)

Offline Aardwolf

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over <number goes here> (posts)
I got cascaded shadow mapping working in my game engine! I feel awesome!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
I got cascaded shadow mapping working in my game engine! I feel awesome!

Sounds like this thing is making some pretty decent headway
"No"

Offline Aardwolf

Maybe? It wasn't a particularly high priority, but it's nice to have it working.

Hm, perhaps I shall update my game engine thread in the programming board...

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Argh, my spine is still sore.

Print making is actually a very physically taxing medium, and here I was thinkng painting was tiring. No time for Freespace either.

But back to BFA work, going to start my thesis on "Games and the Visual Arts" i.e. why Call of Duty, Farcry, and other AAA titles have pushed the idea of "Realism" as an excuse for bland mediocrity. The more idiots push the idea that our games have to "look like life" betrays the fact they are idiots when it comes to games as an interactive medium. I don't care about fidelity, I care about gaming, not the ability for Farcry3 to murder my computer.

Realism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gustave_Courbet_031.jpg Brown, dull, lifeless. The palettes of MMS.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Luis Dias

Hey Atomic, don't **** up with Realism (Courbet of all!). I'll wipe your artistical ass with your own **** if you do so!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
will be watching the AFL grand final via ****ty bootleg internet stream since it's only being aired on fox soccer plus.  which ****ing no one gets.  i guess ESPN decided airing sports center for the 8th time was a better idea.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
As a WA boy I basically had a cry last night after the AFL grand final, got trashed, and drunk messaged Battuta and Darius on FB.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
we have one aussie expat in our club who is a HUGE hawthorn fan.  and by that, i mean last time i was at a grand final party with him was hawthorn/geelong, and he tackled a guy in a geelong jumper that we didn't know.  found out partway through the game that this same guy was watching at the australian embassy in DC.  i really, really wish i could have been there to see what he did.  no news of an international incident this morning, so i guess he behaved himself.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Jesus, what a reckless bastard. Sounds like a great bloke to have at a grand final party. :P I think I did hurl some mock abuse at a girl I saw repping a Hawthorn jumper. Why you would do that at a club IN FREMANTLE on grand final night after Freo had lost I have no idea.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
As a horrible, nasty, one eyed Eagles supporter, I was pretty happy with the result yesterday. :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:10:20 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Jesus, what a reckless bastard. Sounds like a great bloke to have at a grand final party. :P I think I did hurl some mock abuse at a girl I saw repping a Hawthorn jumper. Why you would do that at a club IN FREMANTLE on grand final night after Freo had lost I have no idea.

sounds like a good supporter to me.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I just remembered I have a 8 year old Athlon 64 box in my closet.  I wonder if it still works...
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris | My GitHub

Offline Darius

I think I did hurl some mock abuse at a girl I saw repping a Hawthorn jumper. Why you would do that at a club IN FREMANTLE on grand final night after Freo had lost I have no idea.

Reminds me of a uni friend who went to her Saturday shift at Fremantle emergency department in Hawthorn colours. That was brave :P

EDIT: just wanted to say as someone who can't stand AFL, if you see the Fremantle colours and think of nothing but the Third Street Saints you're doing it right.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:01:20 am by Darius »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
as someone who can't stand AFL

get out :P

In my uni english class, there was a rather attractive aussie FES.  She usually sat quietly toward the back and kept to herself, but this one day a small group of guys managed to strike up a small conversation.  Safety in numbers I guess.  I'm sitting within the circle, but not participating until sports come up.  She said something to the effect of there not being any good sports here.  "Here's my chance!" think I, and interject with a big "FALSE!  It just so happens I'm the captain of the school AFL team."  Turns out she hated it too, and I was shot down immediately and violently with a "we call it GayFL"   :ick:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i cleaned my electronics desk. instead of one big ball of wire i now have 10 big balls of wire. junk, crap, and scrap have now been sorted into their respective boxes. need to figure out what to do with old projects. "successful", "completed" projects will probibly get their own box. failed projects will either go into junk, or scrap, idk. then there are all the half finished projects which will probibly just go on the floor, next to the lego motorpool. things are made more problematic with the fact that i will be moving soon, into another apartment in the same complex (****ers hiked the rent and we need to move to a smaller one), and space will be slightly diminished.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:43:51 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
as someone who can't stand AFL

get out :P

In my uni english class, there was a rather attractive aussie FES.  She usually sat quietly toward the back and kept to herself, but this one day a small group of guys managed to strike up a small conversation.  Safety in numbers I guess.  I'm sitting within the circle, but not participating until sports come up.  She said something to the effect of there not being any good sports here.  "Here's my chance!" think I, and interject with a big "FALSE!  It just so happens I'm the captain of the school AFL team."  Turns out she hated it too, and I was shot down immediately and violently with a "we call it GayFL"   :ick:

So? Calmly ask why she doesn't like it, and then ask if there are any sports that she does like.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Afterall, it's not about what you're passionate about that matters
It's what she is that does!
"No"

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Steam
As a Hawthorn supporter I was very pleased with the result of yesterday's grand final. We played better football all around.

Watching it with my roommate was fun. He was all "High tackle, high tackle, that's a shove, another high tackle, HE WENT PAST THE MARK THAT'S FIFTY METRES! COME ON!"
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I've tried to watch Aussie football once or twice, but it's usually left me scratching my head.  All I really remember is that one of the teams had the ugliest uniforms that I think I've ever seen in professional sports.  Like, worse than those Steelers throwback abominations.

Offline Aardwolf

Another day wasted!

Was going to buy a used android thingamaderp to test prototype of stupid android game on. Haven't got around to it yet.