Author Topic: BP: "Darkest Hour" preview  (Read 30311 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: BP: "Darkest Hour" preview
's funny though, you could actually cover a very wide range of weapons using the beam template.

Before Raa disappeared without completing his lizard stuff, I had planned to try arming them primarily with projectiles, but their capital ship-to-ship weapon would have been described as a "magnetically bottled plasma stream" and used a silver beam.

If you wanted to create a total cheese weapon, you could always use an invisible or black beam as a bottled antimatter stream.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
What other weapons do they have?

In terms of offensive weaponry, I'm pretty sure they have ship-to-ship torpedoes.

Offline Darius

Railguns for non-interceptable anti-capital ship weaponry. Torpedoes that get intercepted, but do a lot of hurt if they impact. Assorted plasma for anti-fighter defence. Basically what the old GTA would be using fifty years after the Great War if weapons development stagnated.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So basically United Earth is like super GTA? Cool.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Will the Sanctuary be getting a UEF weapons upgrade?

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Are you going to be using the awesome BtRL bomb detonation effect? Where there's a bright blue flash around the detonation, which lasts a few moments before the shockwave expands?

I think I saw it. If you don't have it, you should -- it adds to the ethereal beauty of enormous detonations.

Offline Darius

Will the Sanctuary be getting a UEF weapons upgrade?

Depends on how desperate Earth is for ships :)

Are you going to be using the awesome BtRL bomb detonation effect? Where there's a bright blue flash around the detonation, which lasts a few moments before the shockwave expands?

Dabrain's big purple explosion? It was in BP1, for the Eos and Supernova missiles (the Orestes and Temeraire torpedoes respectively). Plus you can see it more clearly from the torpedoes the Karuna fires in the video.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
How many of the Raynors/Titans/Chimeras/etc will the GTVA have in total?

P.S. I think you need a F.A.Q. thread. :)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The effects on those capship torpedoes are pretty freakin' cool =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline eliex

Agreed  ;)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yeah. Those purple flares are great!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Concerning the Sanctuary...there's that huge minigun-like barrel at the front. If the UEF ever arms it, would they put railguns there? :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Very likely. Like the end of Blue Planet 1 says, Earth needs every weapon/pilot they can get.
It'd probably be a big waste if they didn't.

Also, the Sanctuary was a big character in BP1. It might be in BP2, so it should have some fighting chance.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Very likely. Like the end of Blue Planet 1 says, Earth needs every weapon/pilot they can get.
It'd probably be a big waste if they didn't.

Also, the Sanctuary was a big character in BP1. It might be in BP2, so it should have some fighting chance.

I agree. However, there may be a problem since the Sanctuary can't seem to hold up to two LRed shots. Does it stand a chance against the GTVA's blue beams (of death)? :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Sanctuary was a sleeper ship, not a combat ship.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Sanctuary was a sleeper ship, not a combat ship.

Not really. It's a sleeper ship with destroyer equipment, or a sheep in wolf's skin. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It was a modified Orion from the Great War, may I remind you. So even if it WAS a combat craft and not a sleeper ship it would have only ghey FS1 weaponry.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It was a modified Orion from the Great War, may I remind you. So even if it WAS a combat craft and not a sleeper ship it would have only ghey FS1 weaponry.

Exactly, hence my question. What are the chances of it holding up to modern ships?
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Very little, I suspect. Some weaponry would probably have been done away with so it could be used for the hibernation things.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Exactly, hence my question. What are the chances of it holding up to modern ships?

Fairly well, if the Orion of FS2 is any judge. And hey, since it was a sleeper ship, the internals were already mostly ripped out, making any necessary interior remodeling easier.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story