Author Topic: What games are you playing?  (Read 9670 times)

What games are you playing?
Besides Freespace that is. Unless you want to list it.
Yeah, I know, pointless thread. But it can be fun.

I started up Homeworld1 a while ago, and started to play through that but stopped for a bit on the Cathedral of Gadesh (with those cool multibeam frigates) when I got super busy with work.

Instead I'm playing Xcom2 TFTD. Steam is good for one thing at least, cheap classics for 5 bucks.
Just launched my first pair of Colony Assaults, though taking losses. Sucks without MC trained peeps, but at least I got Disruptors. At each base I only came in with one, but after the first level of the first base there were 14 or so lying around so I managed to acquire a few more (ridiculous).

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: What games are you playing?
i just spent a half hour playing kingdom of loathing.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
quake 3 and FS2
I hate My signature!

Offline Davros

A Picture speaks a thousand words (well 139 in this case)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
PC Games: Prince of Persia Sands of Time, GTA III, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter Cell Chaos: Theory,  Procyon Insurgency (FSOpen).

Xbox 360 Games: PES 6, Juiced 2, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Halo 3.

That's just at the moment- I still have a few others games installed on the PC that I have yet to play, (i.e. Babylon 5 IFH, X2 The Threat.....Just the ones I can remember at the mo').

:)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Damnit Davros, stop scaring the **** out of us.

Anyway, Linux doesn't offer much in terms of entertainment so I'm just playing small games that come included with gnome and now and then I fire up some random freeware game that happens to be in Gentoo's repository or that Wine doesn't complain about too much.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
PC Games: Prince of Persia Sands of Time, GTA III, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter Cell Chaos: Theory,  Procyon Insurgency (FSOpen).

That's just at the moment- I still have a few others games installed on the PC that I have yet to play, (i.e. Babylon 5 IFH, X2 The Threat.....Just the ones I can remember at the mo').

Jesus ***ing Christ, the combat in Sands of Time was PAINFUL.  I ended up using some checkpoints online to skip some of the fight sequences they were so bad.  Keyboard-mashingly unfun is what every single fight sequence in that game was.  Of course, it depended on combos, which, of course, were derived from a console.

I haven't been able to find Pandora Tomorrow though I do want to play it.  Where'd you snag a copy?

As for the topic of the thread, I just finished the original Homeworld and I'm eagerly awaiting my Homeworld 2 ebay purchase to arrive in the mail =)  I also play Fortress Forever (a HL2 mod) quite frequently.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs

Jesus ***ing Christ, the combat in Sands of Time was PAINFUL.  I ended up using some checkpoints online to skip some of the fight sequences they were so bad.  Keyboard-mashingly unfun is what every single fight sequence in that game was.  Of course, it depended on combos, which, of course, were derived from a console.

I haven't been able to find Pandora Tomorrow though I do want to play it.  Where'd you snag a copy?

As for the topic of the thread, I just finished the original Homeworld and I'm eagerly awaiting my Homeworld 2 ebay purchase to arrive in the mail =)  I also play Fortress Forever (a HL2 mod) quite frequently.

actually sands of time was very very good, they killed it with the second game though
I hate My signature!

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Keyboard Mashing??? I use a joypad/gamepad!  :P Although the camera angles during fight scenes can be a PITA!    :mad:

I bought Pandora Tomorrow from GameStation! Dunno whether you've heard of it, small compared to Game, but better prices and older pre-owned consoles etc. (the local one is still selling second hand Master Systems & Mega-Drives). Pandora Tomorrow comes on 4 cd-roms rather than the one DVD-rom that comes with Chaos Theory.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Actually I think the combat in Sands of Time would be fantastic if it wasn't for the silly artificial difficulty they used. By the time you get to the end of the game half your moves are totally worthless because the enemies will just block them.

Keyboard mashing will get you nowhere with it, though. You can get some pretty fluid fights going even in the later areas if you know what you're doing.

actually sands of time was very very good, they killed it with the second game though
People like to **** on Warrior Within, but the fact is it's not that bad of a game. The combat is the best in the trilogy, the Dahaka chases are great and the story had some pretty cool ideas. It's just a damn shame its immaturity buries most of these redeeming points under layers of mascara and metal thongs.

On topic, I seem to be replaying the entire Baldur's Gate trilogy at the moment.

Offline Davros

For combos in sands of time i just programmed them into my x52 :D

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Liberal Crime Squad  ;7

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Ransom, you seem like someone who'd go nuts over Planescape Torment. Have you tried it?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
How many times can you bounce a ball in an hour, Then try to beat it.......... :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Ransom, you seem like someone who'd go nuts over Planescape Torment. Have you tried it?
Absolutely. I only finished it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, actually.

To be honest I was a little underwhelmed by the ending, but I suspect that was thanks to how I went about it. All the same, yeah, one of the finest narratives I've had the pleasure of playing through.

Navy Field
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Tiberian Sun, Yuri's Revenge, Earth 2150, Freelancer, HomeWorld2, HomePlanet, FreeSpace, and etc.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Absolutely. I only finished it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, actually.

To be honest I was a little underwhelmed by the ending, but I suspect that was thanks to how I went about it. All the same, yeah, one of the finest narratives I've had the pleasure of playing through.

I believe there are multiple endings, yes, though I've never actually played it myself.

I dunno about the rest of you but when I play a game I play I'm addicted for like, a week or two and then I drop it entirely for like a year. I guess not everyone's like that since a lot of people are listing 10 games or more.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I am playing various multiplayer co-op games with my brother these days, whenever I get time for gaming anyway. At the moment, we're going through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's co-op campaign, which is fairly long and adds a lot to the already top notch game. It ties into events that take place during the singleplayer campaign and is generally of a similar level of quality.

We're also playing C&C3:KW fairly often. These games can be quite hilarious when a lot of AIs are playing. We typically play 4v4s with the AIs making up the other spots. I would like to play the older C&C games too, but they only support IPX (even TS, a 1999 game) and we haven't been able to get that working through Hamachi. I was at my parents' place last weekend though and they were great fun over a serial link, especially with various mods.