Author Topic: The Ur-Quan Masters  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Well, I'm gonna spoilerize this just in case.

Spoiler:
The mycon/syreen questline is broken.  The mycon are supposed to tell you, if you arrive at their 'special place', that it is not the source and then give you the coordinates of the mycon homeworld.  The lines were never recorded, and no other conversation gives you that information.  Only the homeworld can send the deep child fleet, and it's neccessary to get the fleet sent to get the sun device.  The sun device is neccessary to free the Chmmr, and that's a plot critical goal.

Worse, the response given is cryptic at best and certainly doesn't give you any indication that you're doing something wrong, so it's pretty much a brick wall.  Thus, the 'Why can't I get the mycon to go to organon?' stickie at the top of the UQM forum.

Spoiler:
Wow, I had that same issue when I played.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Now to go finish it finally.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Might get back to it but it desperately needs some kind of quest/message logging system so you can review whats going on.

Keep in mind it's vintage 1992, so they had to keep in mind your average computer at the time didn't have much memory. At least that's why I think it didn't have one. If it was made any later it probably would have had one. Personally I never wrote anything down, I just remembered it all. In fact even after all these years I can still remember how to win, where some of the best star systems are, locations of artifacts, all of it.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline cloneof

With a game like Star Control 2? Who would not remember all the good stuff?