Author Topic: Still play any space related games?  (Read 11395 times)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Still play any space related games?
Besides FreeSpace, anything else to job that entertainment of your brain throgh space themed games?

Mine:
- Homeworld
- Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Re: Still play any space related games?
iw2, freelancer, x2, x3
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Besides FreeSpace, anything else to job that entertainment of your brain throgh space themed games?

Mine:
- Homeworld

Hmmn, I just bought the UFO: Trilogy . . . sort of a, more recent sequel of sorts to Xcom. It's not in space persay, but it does have aliens. And the third game's on Mars. I also have homeworld and Starcraft on my computer, neither of which I've yet to finish. I'll finish them one day. (SC:BW that is).

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Homeworld 2
Freelancer
Hegemonia: Legions of Iron
HomePlanet
HomePlanet: Playing With Fire

That's all, I think   ;)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
X3 and Freelancer. Used to play Homeworld 2, but got fed up with its dislike of multiple cores.

Offline Shade

Homeworlds 1 and 2, Galactic Civilizations 2, and occasionally Privateer, X-Wing and TIE-Fighter on DosBox.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Freelancer
TIE Fighter (when it works)
GalCiv 2 (sometimes)
EVE Online
Recently started up Star Wars: Rebellion again...
Should probably get EV: Nova one more time. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Starcraft, Freelancer, Homeworld 2 (currently uninstalled), X3 (currently uninstalled), and Pax Imperia.

Edit: What happened to the fuzzy kittenz ngt? :(

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It complained of being described as plural when there was only one of it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've been intending to play Tachyon: The Fringe ever since I found out it was on GameTap, since I rather enjoyed the demo, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  I might give whichever one of His PhD-ness's games is on there a shot too, just to see if they holds up to their near-mythic status. :p

Offline Topgun

I'm still playing descent II.
thinking of buying x3.

Offline Roanoke

I can't seem to get Imperium Galactica 2 to run on my pc  :(

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I've been playing past four days Sins of a Solar Empire. It's a decent game for an RTS. I really dislike the lack of depth though. It has three races but they play almost exactly the same and their ships are nearly identical save looks and special abilities. The game has managed to keep me entertained for a while. Not worth the full price tag though, but get it if you find it from a bargain bin.

Oh man, this game is golden. It's almost sad how overlooked this game has been. I love it to bits and played through it several times. Unfortunately it seems like there is almost zero change for it to receive a sequel due to poor sales. :( I wish there were more games like this, besides of Homeworld series.

Here is a tech demo by Nexus devs of what Nexus 2 would have been like: http://sargoth.spymac.com/space_techdemo_HD.rar

HomePlanet
HomePlanet: Playing With Fire
How is HomePlanet, is it any good?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

To be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much, it's extremely unforgiving, which is ok if you like that kind of thing, but I just found that it was too close to the line to be fun.

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Oh man, this game is golden. It's almost sad how overlooked this game has been. I love it to bits and played through it several times. Unfortunately it seems like there is almost zero change for it to receive a sequel due to poor sales. :( I wish there were more games like this, besides of Homeworld series.

Yeah...there are hardly any Real-time strategy games which are space themed. I was so happy the HW wasn't the only one.

By the way, any of you play games of Derek Smart?

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

To be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much, it's extremely unforgiving, which is ok if you like that kind of thing, but I just found that it was too close to the line to be fun.

I found it very good actually. And that I'm playing the semi-english version makes it better.

By the way, any of you play games of Derek Smart?

DO NOT MENTION HIS GAMES ! I had a nightmare involving a mono-textured DeathStar which is a quarter of a monotextured planet, 10-15 stars in the background, and the whole HLP in that deathstar... And everything was in HIS games. Battlecruiser Millenium I think...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:24:32 am by ShadowGorrath »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I found it very good actually. And that I'm playing the semi-english version makes it better.

I can see how some people would enjoy it to be honest, it is a very challenging game, but it just didn't click with me :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
WingCommander Games, X-Wing Games, Nexus, Homeworld, StarWolves, EV Nova, StarTrek Games, ...   

always playing something in outer space  :)

Currently Kotor1  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

I can see how some people would enjoy it to be honest, it is a very challenging game, but it just didn't click with me :)

That's because FreeSpace and all it's mods spoiled the people here, so they can't keep up with something as challenging as HomePlanet. :P

When the english patch is released, then you'll all be more interested I think.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I still fire up Rouge Squadron every once and a while! And there are numerous Sci-Fi FPS's I still play with, most set in space or a spacehip/station/planet! Have played X:Beyond the Frontier, keep meaning to get into X2 but FSOpen keeps distracting me! :P

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.....now I have wanted to have a go of that since I saw that techdemo of Nexus2, pity it will never be released!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions