Author Topic: What Wii games to get  (Read 4487 times)

What Wii games to get
Ok, i finally got enough money mowing lawns and babysitting to get a new Wii game. problem is, i have NO idea what to buy. I used to use Gamespot, but they're REALLY going downhill.

I already have Mario Kart Wii and Brawl. And it has to ave EXTREMELY high replayability, as otherwise i tend to get bored. Linear games (i guess like an arcade game) get old really fast fr me. faster than most people.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Re: What Wii games to get
Super Mario Galaxy is pretty decent, if easy.

Or Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've had lots of fun with that.

There's also Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which is a Metroid game, so rather non-linear (more linear than most games in the series, but still a lot less linear than other titles.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Mario Galaxy gets a lot harder after the first 60 stars...

Titan, I assume you're looking for something E to Teen? You could try Lego Star Wars Complete Saga if you're into that, or Boom Blox. Some people swear by Zelda, but I'm not that into it. If you were over 18 I'd recommend Resident Evil 4.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The Wii still doesn't have a decent library. If you're looking for much outside the usual Nintendo franchises you're pretty much out of luck.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
just tried the Lego Indy demo (for 360 admittedly) and it was pretty sweet.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Inquisitor

House of the Dead 2 and 3 :) Great light gun game ports :)
No signature.

The only wii game I've gotten which hasn't been a disappointment was RE4.  Pretty much all of the main line titles I've played (Zelda, Metroid) left me more annoyed then anything else.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Metroid is too short (i bought it and finished it within three days :() Zelda has nice graphics but i play that to fill a gap in a lazy day, not finished it yet. For replayability Brawl and two or three extra controls should do ya fine. Mario party is another good social game. Sports is nice. (You have it already though right ;D) Wii play is only worth the money as it's cheap when bought with the controller.
This may round weird coming from me an old war dog. But i wanna try cooking Mama :lol: looks novel.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
We finally bought a Wii, mostly for the Wii Sports and Wii Fit.  Any other "active" games out there that people recommend?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

The two  have, SSB:Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii, are must-haves, theres lots of good ones; but i have to be sparing with what i get, my dad seems to be... thinking it's wrong for me to have 5 games... (counting Wii sports)

... when most peple already have 10... *sigh*

Offline Inquisitor

MP: Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is actually pretty decent, activity wise. And not a terrible game either.

All the other sports collections kinda suck.
No signature.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Wii is real fun but I still sticked to the PS3 and PC. Problem is, most people see just a Gimmick in the Wii and the developers support this (and are responsible for those opinion in the firstplace). Wii Fit and stuff aren't games.

Some Wii games are outstanding and almost every other one sucks.
Outstanding:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (and the two prequels, although they are not designed for the Wii)
Zelda: Twilight Princess
SBB: Brawl (BUT PLAY IT WITH A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER)
Boom Blox

the rest include a few decent ones (No more Heroes) and a lot of crap.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
SBB: Brawl (BUT PLAY IT WITH A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER)

I much prefer the classic controller--the shoulder buttons are actually buttons and respond a lot better than the GC's squishy triggers.

Hey Titan. Have you considered catching up on your classics from the Gamecube or Virtual Console?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

yeah, but i don't have a gamecube controller or a classic controller, and i hear all the Wiimote configurations are pretty bad... plus all the SNES and N64 games need something other than a Wiimote

Offline Inquisitor

Maybe thats what you should get then :)
No signature.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
If you like the GTA games, Bully (Scholarship Edition), on the Wii is pretty cool - Lego Star Wars is fun, but needs two people to really enjoy it. Guitar Hero III, if you don't already have it and can afford it, is at least equal to Wii sports in terms of replayability - probably better, since some of the sports games tend to be masterable, and you lose interest (Bowling and Baseball especially).

Alternately, pre-order The Force Unleashed, and hope like the rest of us that the supposed true lightsabre combat isn't going to be more or less what it was in Lego Star Wars.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

i have the original lego star wars, and the original trilogy version, so i'm debating on whether it's worth it to get lego star wars...

I REALLY want to get TFU, and since my birthday's in august, my mom'n'dad might let me pre-order it like i did for original trilogy...

Offline Inquisitor

The games I have:

Wii Fit
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Elebits
RE4
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
House of the Dead 2/3
Mario Kart
Metroid
Zelda
Links Crossbow Training (came with gun)
Okami
Excite Truck
Trauma Center

I have rented, but not yet played:
No More Heroes.

also, a slew of GC games, which are cheap, so are the GC controllers, so that might be a cost effective way to spend money :)
No signature.

Offline Davros

you have a pc why would you want to buy a wii game

now stop with your sillyness  :nervous:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something