Author Topic: WCHF Discussion thread (was: kevin caccamo's landreich campaign?)  (Read 146699 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: kevin caccamo's landreich campaign?
Andrew Carnegie number 2!!! :D

Anyways, I've went ahead and added more details to mine...

To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
This one looks quite true to the original concept. I like it and I hope you keep it close to the original.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I think I've decided to call this project "Wing Commander: Eon8" because False Colors sounds to me like WC in an Eon8-type situation.

The Eon8 site had a countdown timer on it (Don't worry, it's gone now), but nobody knew what it was for.  Some say that it was the countdown to the destruction of the internet...  In False Colors, the Civies didn't know about the situation on the frontier, and if they found out, it would be like falling into a black hole, and the entire human race would probably get wiped out easily.

Actually I'm not too sure if the description above is accurate...
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well the situation in False Color isn't something I would discripe as an armageddon for the rest of humanity. Its a big problem for the Borderworlds and the Landreich but I don't think that even if the Kilrathi managed to get the damaged Dreadnough working again that Confed would let it roam freely and cut of its supply. Even the best warship can't work without supplys and the Kilrathi milita isn't in a shape to fight confed again at this point.
The only posibility would have been to use the sheer power of the Dreadnought to unite some other kilrathi system lords but even if Confeds intel is bad it surely would notice if their old enemy units again.
Beside that there was Melek who tried to work together with Confed. The posibility that he would inform Confed about the situation is quite likely.

That is at least as far as I would interpretate the situation from what I remember from the book.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Sorry about the long wait, but here is the new Andrew Carnegie model:

The model is not yet complete and the texture job hasn't even started.  I dropped the old one because it was a major contradiction to WingCanon™ (no offense @ LOAF) and I wanted to do this WC mod correctly.

And here is the Tender Sindri:

P.S. Disregard the filename of the above picture...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:37:23 pm by Talon 1024 »

Offline McCall

• ...overly forward
Keep at it Kevin.

Any more details on the story?
Contrary to rumour, a mojito is actually the manliest drink around, dammit!

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Yeah, Finally thought of a good name for the project: Wing Commander Hostile Frontier.

I've decided that the player should be able to make a choice between watching the Karga refit or returning to Landreich space.  You can accept or decline, just like a SOC loop, but you will get different sets of missions. (e.g. Kilrathi fighter training)

I've scrapped my original plans for the first mission.

And I'm also trying to wax as much :v: content as I can.

I personally wish I could record a vid and post it up on YouTube, but some of the stuff I have is not final, or it will need some fine tuning.

Offline McCall

• ...overly forward
Decided to delete my last post as it was just me venting. Having done so, I reckon it's best to get on with life.

Now what I'd really like to see is a screenie of the Karga.  :)

Offline starlord

I reckon the blantkara heavy carrier is comprised in the SAGA mod, right?

If so, you will see the karga.

Also, talon, I've been through wc3 lately, and I've noticed that during briefs, sometimes a red rotating blueprint of kilrathi ships appear some examples being "light fighter" (darket obviously), dralthi, transport, tanker, and ... Kruiser   :lol:

Looks like the CIC should check twice before complaining about the way you spell kats.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Kruiser? Do you have a screenshot? I mean its Kreuzer in german...maybe they mixed things a bit up ^_^

Offline starlord

No, no: I have the french version, but they never would have changed the artwork:

Try several early wc3 missions and you'll see for yourself (and it's certainly not german). No: I suspect Kruiser for kilrathi cruiser.

Offline McCall

• ...overly forward
Starlord (and by extension Kev) are indeed right. It says Kruiser in the WC3 briefing vids. And we're safe to point that out here!  ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Which means there is a place, where it is not safe to say that. I wonder where.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
HLP is a citadel of free speech :) Kilrathi kruisers and korvettes kan be mentioned here with no respite :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starlord

Hey tolwyn: did you see the info I posted regarding forced alliance and his creator AJ redmer? As a wingnut, I think this'll interest you.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Hmm..  You're right...

But, as explained in the thread at the CIC, it still wouldn't give you a right to purposely misspell Cats.  Whatever, it's my decision, and I'm deciding not to screw up (in their POV anyway.)

Offline starlord

of course it wouldn't.

I guess it's just a detail that might have eluded them but let's forget the matter anyway, since it won't get us anywhere.

Talon, I'll ask the same thing as tolwyn, did you see the message I got from AJ redmer? I think you might want to know what role an obscure game like "forced alliance: the glarious mandate" might have played in the WC franchise.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
About the AJ Redmer thing, I find it interesting that they were both working on a star wars game called X-wing commander and the project became two separate franchises

Update on the factory ship: It now has more dock ports, attachments, and engines, which should make it look a lot more like a flying factory.  Thanks to Dundradal from CIC for pointing me in the right direction.  I'm not banned anymore.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Updates for those who missed it but would still like to comment:
- Added more detail to the Andrew Carnegie model.
- I've figured out how to make shield icons for the fighters. (Long ago actually)
- The hornet now features debris and a squadron logo appearing beneath the cockpit.  Thanks to the new COLLADA importer in PCS2, the conversion process is much quicker and much less buggy.

Offline starlord

Excellent news! I certainly like the carnegie model... :)