Author Topic: Some Terran-Vasudan Questions.  (Read 11056 times)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Some Terran-Vasudan Questions.
Okay, for one thing, we all know that the Vasudan language is very complex, thus the reason for translators.  But wouldn't it be really easy for a Vasudan to learn Terran?  (Hey they might not really speak English)
Next thing, would there ever be a situation where there was a Terran pilot and Vasudan copilot (or vice-versa)?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Some Terran-Vasudan Questions.
Okay, for one thing, we all know that the Vasudan language is very complex, thus the reason for translators.  But wouldn't it be really easy for a Vasudan to learn Terran?  (Hey they might not really speak English)
Next thing, would there ever be a situation where there was a Terran pilot and Vasudan copilot (or vice-versa)?

1) It might actually be quite easy, but I just guess they don't bother
2) Yeah, officer exchange program.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
In the same fighter/bomber? I'd assume so.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
In the same fighter/bomber?
Yes.

Offline Topgun

I think vasudans can learn English, it would just be very hard and they wouldn't be able to speak it.
humans can probably learn vasudan, but again they wouldn't be able to speak it.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I think they'd be able to speak it, It'd just sound a little weird.  (Do whatever effects are done to Vasudan speech with a normal sentence).

Would their anatomy allow it? I'm not quite sure...

On the other hand, remember why Mackie was stationed in Tau Sigma? :lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Would their anatomy allow it? I'm not quite sure...
It says somewhere in the FSRefBible that their vocal chords were unable to speak English. Either that, or I've gotten FS mixed up with SW, and I have to be burned at the stake after having been forced to drink a cup of rusty iron nails.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It says somewhere in the FSRefBible that their vocal chords were unable to speak English. Either that, or I've gotten FS mixed up with SW, and I have to be burned at the stake after having been forced to drink a cup of rusty iron nails.

Well, we can't comprehend their language because the nature of their speech is determined by a lot of factors, including their proximity to the current emperor.

They can probably speak Terran Standard, but only that their voices are too coarse for us to understand it.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They can probably speak Terran Standard, but only that their voices are too coarse for us to understand it.
Yeah, like Japanese people.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:smilingwtf: (Yeah, I know it doesn't exist)

There's a file in the retail FS2 vps where you can hear a Vasudan saying "thank you". Not good. :no:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There's a file in the retail FS2 vps where you can hear a Vasudan saying "thank you". Not good. :no:
Not as good as bup bup bup bup bup bup bup.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Not as good as bup bup bup bup bup bup bup.

It never will be.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

It's stated at one point that most GTVA fighters have modular cockpit setups that can be swapped in and out for one species or the other. I don't know if this extends down to the crewmember level, but there's no practical reason to say it couldn't.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

It's stated at one point that most GTVA fighters have modular cockpit setups that can be swapped in and out for one species or the other. I don't know if this extends down to the crewmember level, but there's no practical reason to say it couldn't.

where does it say? I remember seeing somewhere either in the tech room briefing or mission briefing for the 53rd that the Myrmidon can be used by either species, but ive never heard of any other fighters than the myrmidon having that

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Myrmidon is a Terran-Vasudan design, according to Captain Loukakis. That's why it's so curvy.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
where does it say? I remember seeing somewhere either in the tech room briefing or mission briefing for the 53rd that the Myrmidon can be used by either species, but ive never heard of any other fighters than the myrmidon having that

I believe it was mentioned during your officer exchange tour.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The Myrmidon is a Terran-Vasudan design, according to Captain Loukakis. That's why it's so curvy.

then you could safely assume it could be used by either species, since the Vasudans would obviously want some part in something they helped out with

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
...you don't see them flying Ulysses fighters...

But you have a point there. If the GTVA has the Officer Exchange Program, there must definitely be Vasudans flying in Terran ships, since the reverse is also true, as evidenced by the main campaign.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Okay people, heres another one.  Just how similar is Terran and Vasudan anatomy?  If a Terran and Vasudan crashed somewhere would the Terran be able to patch up the injured Vasudan? (or vice-versa agian)