Author Topic: Some Terran-Vasudan Questions.  (Read 11054 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Some Terran-Vasudan Questions.
I doubt very much the Vasudans were a planet-state 10,000 years ago.

That depends on the size of their population. We assume that they were numerous, but if the Vasudans had only a couple million people for example, it starts to sound more likely. Vasuda Prime was a harsh world, and it's possible they in essence were trapped on the equivalent of an island in the midst of a desert sea until relatively late in their development.

This would also help to explain their ability to squeeze out every last drop of utility from any resources available to them, as, trapped as they were, doing as much as possible with what little they had would have grown more and more important as time went by.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Humans have also existed for that long. We could have met them too.  :rolleyes:

Umm...ten millennia ago, we had no space technology. We can't meet the Vasudans, but the Ancients can visit us. Also note that Petrarch (was it?) did mention that Earth was part of the Ancients' civilization back then.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Solatar

He mentioned that many of the GTVA's systems were once controlled by the Ancients, which could have meant Earth as well.

Go play PI and listen to the ramblings of Dasmar...I actually like that "theory".

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There's no evidence supporting anything saying that the humans were visited by the Ancients, but it is repeatedly hinted at during FS1 and in the FSRefBible.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There's no evidence supporting anything saying that the humans were visited by the Ancients, but it is repeatedly hinted at during FS1 and in the FSRefBible.

Well, I did recall some canon stuff stating that Earth was part of the Ancients' civilization, so if that is true, the chances are likely that the Ancients did pay a visit.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Well, I did recall some canon stuff stating that Earth was part of the Ancients' civilization, so if that is true, the chances are likely that the Ancients did pay a visit.

Well is there any logical reason for the Ancients to leave the Vasudans or Earth alone? If you've heard the Ancient monologues from FS1, you'll recall them talking about enslaving and annihilating foreign species (nice people eh?), y wouldn't they do the same to Earth?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
We weren't worth it? :P We're a contrary bunch of assholes, really, it's probably more trouble than it's worth keeping humanity enslaved.

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You're getting your info mixed up, I'm sure there was no such information.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You're getting your info mixed up, I'm sure there was no such information.

I'm pretty sure he's confusing us with the Vasudans.

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I too would have to say Terrans would win.
Anubis was just...lame. Only marginally good as a suicide bomber
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
To be fair, you never see a big mass of them in Freespace 1, which is the tactic that they're supposed to use most commonly.

And the Seth and Horus really do kick FS1 ass

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Unless the Vasudans got some decent weapons (better than the Vasudan Light Laser anyway) the Terrans would've won the war in a blink of an eye.

Then again, in Out of the Dark, Into the Night (the one where the Shivans first appear), the Vasudans use ML-16s. They always completely splash my squad in that mission so I have to sanitize them all myself.