Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Demo  (Read 6276 times)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Demo
So, this is out for Xbox Live and PSN, has anyone else tried it yet?

The lock on system is worthless, but the combos you can cook up with force powers are freakin sweet.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Demo
It was pretty fun being able to grab a TIE Fighter from outside the freaking ship and smashing it into a hapless stormtrooper.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
*sigh*  I wish it was for the Wii...
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
i hate this when this happens, they release it to only 2 useable os systems, and totally ignore systems like wii, pc and nintendo. but because this isnt gta 4 or halo, i doubt this will be ported.

how far is your range to grab objects? and is it possible to open the fighters hatch to suck a person into space?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:27:45 am by Al Tarket »
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The game will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, second-generation N-Gage, iPhone, iPod Touch, and PlayStation 2.
I hope the game will be ported on PC if it is a good game and worth buying.

how far is your range to grab objects? and is it possible to open the fighters hatch to suck a person into space?
Watch the videos from http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
Should give you some insight about ranges and what you can do in the game.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The DMM and Euphoria AI sound interesting.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
i hate this when this happens, they release it to only 2 useable os systems, and totally ignore systems like wii, pc and nintendo. but because this isnt gta 4 or halo, i doubt this will be ported.
Electronic Gaming Monthly states that the Force Unleashed is for every platform.

A search on Gamespot shows the same thing. IGN too. So I'd say is for all known platforms, save the PC.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
According to their Website: PS2, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii, and XBox 360

Having watched a video on their site detailing the consoles, the 360 and PS3 versions are being developed by the core studio, while the rest have been outsourced to another studio.  There's a video comparison on their website detailing the different features of each, the PS2 will have some extra story content, the PSP will have some classic duels from the movies, the Wii will use the Wiimote (Duh, Though from the video it still seems like no developer has really figured out how to use that thing like it was originally intended...) the DS will have some kind of touchscreen interface for force powers, and the 360 and PS3 versions will have great graphics (Note:  This is mutually exclusive, the Wii version still looks like the PS2 or PSP versions...)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:26:07 am by brandx0 »
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

One of them has the Vader/Skywalker duel on cloud city as a bonus fight.
Though, you know, in retrospect, that wasn't a very impressive battle, really.  Cripple versus a barely trained kid.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
That's the PSP Version.

All in all I'm rather disappointed with the style they're giving force powers, as always.  It looks a bit more Dragonball Z than it does Star Wars.  I'd love to see a Star Wars game where the force is somewhat like in the movies: i.e. no extra glowy special effects.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

It is being released on Wii. Also, um, if you've referenced the Wii, what is the Nintendo? The DS?

Halo has never been ported to another platform except for PC/Mac, so that's a bit of an odd example.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Maybe you should have read my post, no need to say something twice.  It's coming out on pretty much every system (except PC/Mac).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I read it. I apologize if my post seemed redundant. There were a couple other things I wanted to comment on.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
All in all I'm rather disappointed with the style they're giving force powers, as always.  It looks a bit more Dragonball Z than it does Star Wars.  I'd love to see a Star Wars game where the force is somewhat like in the movies: i.e. no extra glowy special effects.
I know. But you can't deny the shiny effects look cool. I might get a 360 just to hurl a TiE at stormtroopers. I've heard there's a section Starkiller pulls a Star Destroyer in from space, Starkiller being the apprentice's supposed name.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Starkiller was Luke Skywalker's original name... That's interesting.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Spoiler:
Ah, Starkiller is his codename. His real name is Galen Marek. Interesting.

Realised that the link had major spoilers. Its on Wookiepedia if you really wanna read it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:45:28 am by Stormkeeper »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not gonna play it, may as well find out what the story is.

I have a wii, but I hate it so much (I only bought the thing to play 2 games anyway) I'm just goign to play it on my friend's PS3 when it comes out (he pre-ordered it).
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
You know, the Force Unleashed on the Wii has motion control for force powers ...... Plus each console version is different from the others in little ways.