Author Topic: Lao Tze ?  (Read 9024 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I am unsure if this is real or not, but... How do you say? I am kinda dissapointed to see that the Lao Tze is the Mig, and not the Thor. Unless the image is not final.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oooh. That thing's in game. That's triple sweet.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Where, praytell, is that thing holding the ammo for that gatling gun? :wtf:

It looks like it'll offer you whopping eight rounds of firepower, unless the ammo warps in from really tiny Knossos gates inside the gun... :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It looks like it'll offer you whopping eight rounds of firepower, unless the ammo warps in from really tiny Knossos gates inside the gun... :nervous:
Oh. That. Is. One. Good idea.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
HEY! I already had that idea! :(

Actually it was for a hand-held gatling coilgun using a Star Trek replicator/transporter buffer thingy that beams in ammo continuously.

Same concept though.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Hammerspace.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Darius

It chews off pieces of its own hull and flings them through the barrels. :P

The weapon concept isn't final...at the moment it fluctuates between being an energy weapon and mass driver. If the latter there'll be space to store ammunition in the hull behind the gun.

I won't be using the Thor in the campaign. I don't see a role for it that hasn't already been filled by other fighters, and I'm moving away from beam cannons for the faction.

Offline eliex

I'm moving away from beam cannons for the faction.

Noooo! Sol wll be hard-pressed to even take down cruisers now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 02:25:00 am by eliex »

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Plz fix ur formatting.

And they have railguns and ship-to-ship torpedoes.  Beam Cannons != firepower :rolleyes:

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Yea. The anti-ship warheads sometimes hurt more than the beams.

Hammerspace.
The solution for everything.

The gun is magic. It replenishes its own ammo. (By the way, thats the explanation used for HGL's ranged weapons.)
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The Thor could have acomplished the same goals as the Mig, and look good doing that. At least in my opinion.

I feel that it doesn't fit in there. Is it remaped, or awaiting a remap?

Also, when will the Sanctus be de-classified?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Nice gatling gun! :D

I agree. Beams aren't everything. Railguns are just as terrible, because they do more damage than a torpedo. If you hit a Lilith six times with a Colossal Railgun, it'll go down very quick.

I'd like to fly that ship someday. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Darius

Each to their own ShadowGorrath :D

I might play with the map at a later date, but it'll be keeping its white paint scheme.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No comment  :p

Gonna go play the [CLASSIFIED LEVEL OMEGA] mod then.

P.S. Maybe the Lao Tze should have a black and white map, with some logo on it's sides? Just an idea.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Ok, the Lao Tze got a new image. For some reason I am starting to like it, but I still think the Thor would have been better.

Though the real purpose of this post is to ask WHY are there graphical errors in the screenshots, Darius? Pixelated/low-amount-of-colours/etc? Are you using IMG2DDS ( Compress non-compressed textures ) or maybe you need to update your drivers?

I assume that all of the UEF fighters are Steve-O's creations. Have they all been previously released? Or are some going to be debuted in this mod? the only ones I seem to have are the ones in the Federal Fighter Pack which has . . . the Thor, Lancer III, Saracen, and a couple others I can't remember.
         This is just for purposes of the Wiki. IF they've not been released already it's no worry.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
         I assume that all of the UEF fighters are Steve-O's creations. Have they all been previously released? Or are some going to be debuted in this mod? the only ones I seem to have are the ones in the Federal Fighter Pack which has . . . the Thor, Lancer III, Saracen, and a couple others I can't remember.
         This is just for purposes of the Wiki. IF they've not been released already it's no worry.

All except the Lao Tze were released in his fighterpack.  There was a WIP thread for the Lao Tze (I forget what its original name was), but I don't think it was ever released EDIT: it was

These were in the fighter pack:

UEF Uhlan (FTF Lancer)
UEF Kentauroi (FTF Jackal)
UEF Uriel (FTF Wraith)
UEB Durga (FTB Saracen)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:33:25 pm by blowfish »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================