Author Topic: RELEASE: The Babylon Project DVD v1.0  (Read 107519 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: RELEASE: The Babylon Project DVD v1.0
Are you a spambot?

Exactly what I was just asking myself  ;)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Wiped the sig. Just in case.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Someone deleted the Trailer =(

Gonna dl it anyways!

Torrent link at Demonoid is unreachable. It requires an account to download the .torrent file, but the registrations are closed. Can anyone add the torrent file to another web site?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
SeriousBug, check your private messages.  ;)

Offline hoover

Hi folks,

I only found out recently about the new dvd release, and I wanted to pass on a big THANK YOU for all the all work that's gone into this project to provide the b5 community with some fresh material, great stuff guys!

I have an issue with my gamepad (usb) though, it's not recognized by fs2 scp it seems. Mouse & keyboard work fine. I've read the FAQ and unplugged all other gaming inputs (logitech g25, Cougar HOTAS), but still no luck with using the gamepad within fs2 / TBP. I also tried the force 0 / force 1 options, also with no effect.

I'd be most grateful for any input on this problem. System is win xp sp3 (though I use Linux usually), 4g ram, speedlink strike gamepad (pink version which I "borrowed" from my daughter ;-)

Cheers & thanks again for keeping the project alive,

Uwe

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you have a HOTAS stick, why would you want to play on a gamepad? Especially a pink one! :p

More seriously though, IIRC XP has an option in the Game Controllers Control Panel to set a particular device as the Legacy option. I've seen that solve issues in the past.

Offline Gryffon

:confused:
Installed TBP & now Zathras and have it all working, BUT..

I know I'm probably just missing it, but is there a readme or something that recommends initial settings for the launcher - there are so many possible combinations that a veterans "these are my settings" would be a real help.

And, I have to put in a big complaint about false and misleading information. I was really looking forward to watching the trailer for the 'Earth Minibar War Campaign', and there isn't a flung bottle in sight!

I even viewed 'How the War started' and there is not a hotel anywhere to be seen! What is this?  :hopping: I felt sure we would be treated to the sight of Doc Franklin or Garribaldi being hit on the head by a discarded bottle while walking in the street below a hotel balcony on the Drazi homeworld as a delegation of Minbari toss the contents of the 'fridge (offended that someone, knowing their violent aversion to all things alcoholic, had nevertheless elected to stock their quarters exclusively with Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and knowing it to be a drink then popular among Earthers, didn't mind too much that bottles connected with a couple of said species. Of course, our heroes, not being known for their phlegmatic disposition, bust up the place, breaking in the process the only other Triluminary in existence, thus simultaneously giving mortal offence AND preventing the Minbari from discovering the true nature of the obnoxious visitors. Now THAT'S how to start a war!)

At least, that's what the promo title led me to expect. Just goes to show, you don't always get what you want. Caveat emptor, indeed!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:13:08 pm by Gryffon »

Offline hoover

If you have a HOTAS stick, why would you want to play on a gamepad? Especially a pink one! :p

More seriously though, IIRC XP has an option in the Game Controllers Control Panel to set a particular device as the Legacy option. I've seen that solve issues in the past.

I feel the HOTAS Cougar (solid metal that it is) is not as well suited for quick movements which would be unrealistic in a real jet anyway, and I don't want to wear out the gimbals if I can avoid it, so for a free-ranging space shooter / sim I'd much prefer a gamepad / keyboard setup.

I'll try the legacy option that you mentioned, thanks!

Uwe

Offline hoover

Thanks again, the legacy option worked like you said it would!  :lol:

Uwe

will there be any new progress babylon projact

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
will there be any new progress babylon projact

This thread is for the DVD release, not the TBP project in general.  Probably best to open a new thread.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well the DVD is unlikely to ever be updated. Any improvements to TBP will likely come through Knossos.

will this ever be updated to lathest version

fso

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well the DVD is unlikely to ever be updated. Any improvements to TBP will likely come through Knossos.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png