Author Topic: Trailer Music  (Read 11686 times)

It might have been better to pick another music track.

That one's been used EVERYWHERE.

It might have been better to pick another music track.

That one's been used EVERYWHERE.
Tough. :p  I've wanted to use it in a FreeSpace video ever since I saw it in the Two Towers trailer, and it kept getting pushed back until now.  Besides, it's still good music.

This is true.

However, there are other tracks that haven't been used everywhere too. Maybe for trailer the second? :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I used a different music track in Trailer the First*. :p

*Also known as the Teaser.

Tough. :p  I've wanted to use it in a FreeSpace video ever since I saw it in the Two Towers trailer, and it kept getting pushed back until now.  Besides, it's still good music.

This is true.
However, there are other tracks that haven't been used everywhere too. Maybe for trailer the second? :P

Yeah, I agree that this music track is heavily overused. But, it still kicks ass (hence why people use it).
       I was going to complain, but given the ST:R teaser was a virtual parody of the Star Trek trailer, I think it fits in with the established tongue-in-cheek sorta promotional style for the MOD. So it fits. (and the music does kick ass) I just wish the resolution was a little better quite honestly.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Sweet - you used one of the two best Tailer music pieces ever

1) Requiem for a Dream
2) Don't know the Name, but used in this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJazgTo2H0Q for B5 "a call to arms"...0:55-1:28
If anyone knows the name of that music please tell me...

Cant wait til this is released
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:27:48 am by terran_emperor »
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline FSW

Blunt trailer thoughts: overall, I think it wouldn't be of much interest to people who don't already know what ST:R is.

As people have mentioned, did you really have to use that music? It's a good piece, but it is used by every fan-made video for anything. It makes ST:R appear as just another generic and uninteresting one-man mod.

Having some of the game sound audible rather than just a music track would have been good. The lasers and explosions don't 'feel' powerful when silent. Also, it would have been cool if the trailer showed off various player weapon types rather than just the Prometheus; perhaps even a third-person shot, for eye-candy's sake.

* FSW nervously awaits the 'well, could you do any better?' response.

Damn, that's bloody awesome.

what's that music from? will it be ingame?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
As people have mentioned, did you really have to use that music? It's a good piece, but it is used by every fan-made video for anything. It makes ST:R appear as just another generic and uninteresting one-man mod.
what's that music from? will it be ingame?

Q. E. D.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And classic music, too!
Sweet - you used one of the two best Tailer music pieces ever
^ Here too. :D

If people don't like the music, they don't have to listen. :)

As I said, I have been wanting to use that music ever since I saw the Two Towers trailer.  This is the first video where I've had a chance to use it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If people don't like the music, they don't have to listen. :)
lol wots ur problm if u dunt liek it u dont nead to read it

Errr... :nervous:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Do want, indeed. :)

And just to satisfy my curiosity, was that little musical sting right before the credits taken from the intro movie of Myst?  If not, it's just about a dead ringer for it.

Offline Nuclear1

You're right, I think it is.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Scani

Hi, it's my first post here.
The name of this music is "Lux Aeterna" and it was wrote by Clint Mansell.
See wiki if you want more details.
Trailer is great!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And just to satisfy my curiosity, was that little musical sting right before the credits taken from the intro movie of Myst?  If not, it's just about a dead ringer for it.
Yup. :D  Good catch.

Hi, it's my first post here.
The name of this music is "Lux Aeterna" and it was wrote by Clint Mansell.
See wiki if you want more details.
Trailer is great!
Welcome, and thanks for your support. :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
This will be harsh. Don't worry. You deserve it.

Spoiler:
Jesus ****ing Chirst.

What is WRONG WITH YOU?

DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU CHEAPEN THE WHOLE THING BY USING THE IMBECILIC ****ING TWO TOWERS REQUIEM OF THE ASSWIPE TOWERS
STUPID, MIND NUMBING, OVERUSED, VAPID, LIVID MORONIC TUNE.

Why don't you just go ahead and call it "Silent Threat; Darkness Rising" to complete the experience of "The most overused emo words and/or media in the history of the known universe".

Jesus, don't you know everyone used that ****ty song for their youtube video for everything from kittens playing in the back yard to the vidcap of playing Knights of the Old Republic with some mods. Why would you want to associate it with ANYTHING you do, let alone Freespace.

I mean seriously.

What the hell. WHY?

The moment I heard it, I threw the video in the trash. Trash belongs in the trash.

God damn it.

Well, you wanted input. That's my input.

Too bad I didn't see anything of the trailer. The teaser was great, so I'm kinda sad not to have been able to see the trailer, since you do those well. But I think it's understandable I had to scrub it off from my hard drive as fast as possible, lest I catch the AIDS and CANCER that music spreads.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol: Thanks, BlackDove.  We love you too.

Next time, watch the trailer on Mute. :p

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
*snip*

Being monkied twice wasn't enough for you? :wtf:

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
:lol: Thanks, BlackDove.  We love you too.

Next time, watch the trailer on Mute. :p

I thought of that.

But I'd just feel so dirty. Knowing it was there in the background. It would haunt my dreams.

*shiver*

Just the thought of it makes a cold shower mandatory.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Erm i already knew that the Music used for the ST:R trailer was Lux Aeterna, more commonly known as Requiem for a dream.

This was the trailer music that I was asking about:

2) Don't know the Name, but used in this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJazgTo2H0Q for B5 "a call to arms"...0:55-1:28
If anyone knows the name of that music please tell me...

An Black Dove...CHILL OUT!

Yeah Lux Aeterna is overused in fan trailers and video. But that is because it is such a great dramatic piece. It goes just about anything...

BUT you dont like it then;

A) mute the sound as da Goob said
B) Dont watch it.
C) Make your own tailer
D) just say "I hate the Music" Dont voice your entire opinion. Your opinions are your own and i respect that. You are entitled to them, but next time you keep those sorts of opinions to yourself.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
*rage*
I tried to tell him, BlackDove. Believe me. But he wouldn't listen!