Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: End War  (Read 24180 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I thought everyone already knew about this?

Offline starlord

what is this? it looks like a revamped sathanas.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It's the same one from the crashed Sath image. Just that this one isn't crashed.

Offline CaptJosh

It's oversized though. It can't really be used in the MediaVPs because it would take refredding the ever popular DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT! mission.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline starlord

How so oversized? No: that can't be our super shivan vessel of doom, can it?

Also, funny how this one looks organic, almost a living being...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
A Sath is only 6 km long. Your average city (on earth) is about...10-20?
Towns are somewhat smaller, obviously.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
High Max, this is a teaser for a new campaign called End War which involves an attack upon the Shivans.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's teasing the fact that at some point in the campaign a Sathanas will go splat all over a planet. Possibly because the Shivans are getting their arses handed to them.

That's why it's a good teaser.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I really like councilors sathanas. It looks really good 100%. Except that i'm not a fan of the new pincers councilors sathanas has. The vanilla sathanas has better looking pincers.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline starlord

I somewhat agree, also, I prefer the vanilla sath engines. Overall the vanilla sath is more "mechanical" which is the thing I like.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I somewhat agree, also, I prefer the vanilla sath engines. Overall the vanilla sath is more "mechanical" which is the thing I like.

Y agree with that, also the ship looks a lot more lively on the vanilla version.
el hombre vicio...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I don't like how councilor made his new sath more organic looking. Personally his sath looks just great except for the four forward beams it's got. Those look so ****ty on his. Now, put shrink down to size his sath to be the same size as fs2 vanilla with vanilla sath styled pincers, and it'd be great. How councilor made the ass engines on his sath are great. Perhaps a little to orange glowing. In game just imagine those having the normal shivan mvp engine glows and it wouldn't be too bad.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Given the size differential, it may not be a Sath -- could be an upgraded version. Or maybe I'm just wrong!

I think it looks fine as an artist's reinterpretation.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Uhm, now I think it should be used as a Super Juggernaut rather than a new Sathanas. Resizing it would alter the mesh so it'd work better as a separate model.

What about "SSJ Morgoth"? :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
They're pretty different from the ones we can see ingame or in the final cutscenes of FS2. That's why I suggested to consider this an SSJ. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline starlord

NO, you'll ruin the suspense.

If there is to be a shivan supership, let it be different than anything we might already know (IE: NOT a sath reskin).

Morgoth? Do you know "bang! gunship elite"? :lol:

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
 But let it be a sath similar. 5 pincers?

SMBFD

Offline starlord

We already have a lot of sath similar ships (mostly the arimtaya and the dante).

What about trying something different?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
NO, you'll ruin the suspense.

If there is to be a shivan supership, let it be different than anything we might already know (IE: NOT a sath reskin).

Morgoth? Do you know "bang! gunship elite"? :lol:

You have to admit, anyway, that the design is too big to be used as an HTL Sathanas. Modifying it in a radical way would be a waste of resources because IMO we can still use this model as an exclusive ship. As far as I'm concerned it could be a better version of the Sathanas just as sure as the Lilith is a better version of the Cain(please don't port their difference in terms of firepower :nervous:).

Morgoth? Do you know the Simlarillion? :p

We already have a lot of sath similar ships (mostly the arimtaya and the dante).

What about trying something different?

The Amritaya has been either scrapped or replaced and the Dante isn't that similar to the Sathanas.

As I said above we can have two similar Shivan juggernauts because we already have two similar Shivan cruisers - the Cain and the Lilith.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5

What about "SSJ Morgoth"? :)

Silly name. How about SSJ LordOfTheRingsReference?