Author Topic: tales of janus 2.  (Read 9529 times)

Offline starlord

Hello to all: I've been in contact with miburo and he recently made available to me the script (complete with mission scripting) for the tales of janus campaign part 2.

Set after the devastating earth minbari war (covered in janus 1), the janus must uncover a sinister conspiracy which might shatter all hopes for a lasting peace between the earth and the minbari.
Miburo has given his approuval to use his script and also to port janus 1 to current builds. However, the nova-X nodified dreadnaught is needed in the campaign.

Should anyone be interested in working on his script, I'll send it over. Miburo's work lives on.

best regards.

mike.

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
Awesome! This is a very promising sign for TBP overall! Two campaigns are being assembled :D

Edit: Oops! Well... Maybe I can read the future? :nervous:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:39:48 am by LeGuille »
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
read more carefully LeGuille, starlord isn't working on it but searching for sb to work on it.

Anyway, not me. Far to busy.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Pushing for a sequel for a campaign that doesn't even work in 3.4b Final?  :wtf:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Could you send it to me starlord, I'm a pretty good writer and am willing to keep a secret. If you don't want to though, thats ok, I understand.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Pushing for a sequel for a campaign that doesn't even work in 3.4b Final?  :wtf:

Winter is coming so I'll have more time.  I'll see I can get it working again.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

That'd be great. I always wondered what happened after the mission with the Omega-X test. The stupid ship wasn't even there and I didn't want to bother reFREDing it.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline starlord

carbine: consider it done! I'll send it ASAP.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just don't hold your breath.  I may get to in a couple of weeks or it may not be until early next year.  All depends on what the priorities are between now and then.  Priorities are in this order:

Bug fix testing and bug reporting for FS2 in general.
Multiplayer (both FS2 and TBP)
3.6.10 for TBP multiplayer
New TBP campaign testing
My own missions
TBP webpage
Anything else TBP related (including getting old stuff to work)

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

3.6.10 ..... any ideas of when the most annoying missing-glowmap-for-texture-replacement  bug is fixed ???

just asking....

Offline starlord

is there also a NOVA-X modified dread on TPB? It's neaded in janus.

I recall it being a nova dread with omega beam weaponry (very limited numbers).

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
just asking....

Pointless. Mantis it instead.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
There's an Omega-X but no Nova.  I don't know what the ship is but you might be able to do something with texture replacement.

Remember 3.6.10 builds are not officially supported. 

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Was the Nova-X supposed to be a Nova with a rotational section inserted, or a loose Shadow-Nova hybrid, as in Den5's ITB?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I just looked up the Nova-X and compared it to the Omega.  They are almost identical except for the weapons and paint job. 

Offline starlord

Yup: that's the one, actually a step leading to the omega

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
The engine hub-assembly on the back of the Nova-X is more squared. The docking bay is orange, and larger. The crew size for a Nova-X is also smaller, and has 12 fewer turrets.

It's basically a slightly less powerful version of the Omega, a pre-cursor to the huge Destroyer.
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The docking bay can probably be done with texture replacement.  Disabling the extra turrets should get around at least some of the extra 12.  We don't see the crew anyway.  The only thing left is the engines. 

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I already said. Reskin it and that's it.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline starlord

Anyone else wishing to evaluate the janus 2 script?