Author Topic: New Campaign... Full circle  (Read 2836 times)

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
New Campaign... Full circle
I've decided to make a new campaign called Full Circle (website in siggy). I started it a few weeks ago, and it should be done in anywhere between a couple months to a year. It will have new weapons, graphics, effects, hud, and some 'borrowed' ships from Inferno. It will have at least 30 missions, up to maybe 40 (27 currently planned out).

Heres a WIP Intro:

Twenty years have passed since the Capella incident with the Shivans, and since the
Apocalypse there has yet to be a single Shivan sighting within any charted system. We (The
Terrans and the Vasudans of the GTVA) remain optimistic that the Shivans have been banished
from our worlds forever, and we are free to turn our priorities to more constructive tasks.

During one of our recovery processes to the Sol system, a badly damaged Terran
cruiser uncovered the missing pieces of the beast we called the Lucifer. We moved a fleet into
the torn subspace disturbance and after five years of research, we developed technology that
the Lucifer had been hiding. We developed an advanced subspace drive, to conquer unstable
jump nodes. We developed a way home.

Peace however was not something we were able to construct. While in the process of
distributing the advanced subspace drive to various systems and battlegroups, a small Terran
fleet in Ross 128 had been working on a new anti-matter warhead. Unfortunately their project
failed, however, they had developed a new generation of weapons as a byproduct of their
experiments. This new subspace weapon, which was only effective against Terrans was in the
eyes of the GTVA government, a threat to the Terran race. Our government banned the project,
and denied the fleet access to the advanced subspace drive.

Only two months after our ban, an uprising sparked in Ross 128. With fear in the minds
of our government, the GTVA attempted to negotiate with the battlegroup, in order to prevent
another Rebellion. The Ross 128 fleet had sufficient fleet strength to mount a considerable
offensive. Unfortunately the negations failed as the new Rebel group ignored Terran hails. The
new group calling themselves the Absolute Terran Dominion (ATD) blockaded the jump node out of
Ross 128 into Gamma Draconis, and shed blood to whatever ship passed through the node. The
GTVA declared a state of open war.

Six more months passed after the Rebellion and neither side made an aggressive move. It was only until another month later that the ATD Flagship finally appeared, coming from the Ross 128 node. It was a massive super-carrier, with more firepower then any terran destroyer. The GTVA was not defenseless however, and moved the recently developed Vasudan Super-Destroyer to combat the carrier. The carrier withdrew deeper into the system, and disapeered off long range sensors. The endless line of fighters and cruisers thrown against the GTVA in Gamma Draconis never ceased however.

During a scouting mission in the Capella nebula two weeks after the carrier fled, she was rediscovered near the heart of what once was a massive star giving life to the surrounding Capella planets. The Vasudan Super-Destroyer was once again called in, and a massive battle took place. However, with both sides deadlocked and low on fighters, the battle came to a sudden end. Directly behind the carrier a massive subspace node opened. The energy given off by the node wracked shockwaves throughout the entire Capella nebula, and just then an enormous craft, much larger then any recorded Juggernaut, began to emerge. It seemed to defy the laws of physics our dimension had in place. The craft moved with demonic speeds out of her swirling subspace node, and with a bright flash, the rebel carrier was instantly incinerated. Whatever this craft was, it wasn't Terran, and it wasn't Vasudan. We hastily removed our forces from the system.

-----------

Feel free to express your opinion, positive or otherwise :doubt:
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Grey Wolf

Interesting :nod:
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Pretty cool.  Lemme gues, the vessel is... Shivan?
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Originally posted by adwight
Pretty cool.  Lemme gues, the vessel is... Shivan?

Well duh, I should know :)
but this whole thing has seemed interesting to me for a while when vadar told me about it, now Im judging most of his work on it :nod:
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
[Gazes Blankly At Screen]  WOW!

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
Use your own models :D
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
SWEET! :D
I have returned... Again...

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
:p

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
I actually could use a small bit of help if anyone is interested. I would need:

Voice actors - both female and male
Mission designer/"creationist"
Mission testers
Command Breif - Animation artists
Background (both ingame and menus) Artist

Feel free to contact me via any method in my profile.

edit: As always, A skilled model creationist would be extremely useful and valued.

Thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2002, 09:11:01 pm by 455 »
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Pssst... HLP hosting...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Wildlife

• Dark Agent
    • s00n
very interesting
 me like :nod:
Nag..Nag Bloody NAG!!

Texture Artist for The Babylon Project

Texture Artist for  Dark Alliance

Texture Artist for Alternate Paths

Texture Artist for  The 158th

Texture Artist for  Over The Top

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Looks pretty good.:) Why did the GTVA ban production of the new technology though?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
"In our pride we lost our goals, our mission became unclear and in our ignorance a mistake was made. A mistake which would result in our destruction. Our arrogance blinded us to our failing, our confidence led us to ignore the dangers, and our technology lead us to our demise......"
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
wow! This is actually interesting! And it doesn't even have that many grammar errors! And if it doesn't have grammar errors, then it's got to be good!

Not that I am the one to speak about the grammar, but still.

Looking forward to it!
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
check this out for good grammar :D : http://wind.prohosting.com/cp5670/story.htm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
It's really shaping up. Nice one. :):yes:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.