Corvette
6 (8.1%)
Destroyer
1 (1.4%)
Juggernaught
25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: March 06, 2002, 07:30:22 am

Author Topic: Most [Hated] Ship Class  (Read 10356 times)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Juggies suck!:mad2:

They're two big and don't have the same no. of guns vs. ship size of the smaller ships.

The Collossus is just poorly armed, period.

The Sathanas, with intelligent fleet deployment, is just as dead, only a little slower due to stronger hull plating.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Interceptors biggest pile of junk alive... comes swasing with their great speed:rolleyes:  and their great agility:rolleyes: ...:headz:
Bah who needeed the Colossus when all we needed was 30 Fenrises

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
Interceptors biggest pile of junk alive... comes swasing with their great speed:rolleyes:  and their great agility:rolleyes: ...:headz:

And then get eaten alive by flak? :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Jake101

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Long live the Aten! :lol:

That's right.  Long live the Aten, indeed.  No, I'm serious. ;)
-Jake101
Ferrium is Pwnage.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Aten isn't too bad against fighters actually. (especially in my campaign :D) When it comes to warships though, it is almost useless.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
ramming....
Yep, it can be downright deadly against fighters
-C

Offline Jake101

My least fav. ship class would definitely be juggernaught, though.  It's horrid!  Lack of ship design, and over all shape.  (Sathy looks like a cockroach.)  The Colossus is an impractical ship design.

I would love to see a VASUDAN juggernaught.  The Colossus is primarily terran.  Of course. . .maybe the Vasudans are just too busy.

:headz:  :rolleyes:

My absolute favorite would have to be. . . .hrm. . .probably. . .nothing.  I think that if corvettes had a slightly stronger hull, and a fighterbay, they could easily replace destroyers.  Not to mention upping the size by just a tiny bit.  If only the Deimos, Sobek, and Moloch could be combined.
-Jake101
Ferrium is Pwnage.

Offline Jake101

Originally posted by CP5670
Aten isn't too bad against fighters actually. (especially in my campaign :D) When it comes to warships though, it is almost useless.

No it's not.  Trust me. :nod:
-Jake101
Ferrium is Pwnage.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Originally posted by Jake101
The Colossus is primarily terran.  

After having read up on the Colossus...

The Colossal Blunder(oooops;7 ) was considered to be a joint venture because the Vasudans funded most of it, and the Terrans designed and built it.  It was originally suggested by Emperor Khonsu II, so it was originally a Vasudan idea.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Bishop Gantry

You say that til you get a Perseus behind you, I prefer them to heavy or medium fighters

Offline Jake101

Originally posted by Liberator

After having read up on the Colossus...

The Colossal Blunder(oooops;7 ) was considered to be a joint venture because the Vasudans funded most of it, and the Terrans designed and built it.  It was originally suggested by Emperor Khonsu II, so it was originally a Vasudan idea.

ORIGINALLY a Vasudan idea.  But then, they realized that it wasn't worth all that work, so they'd let the Terrans do it.  The kind of work they did, they just couldn't stop doing. . . .

:headz:
-Jake101
Ferrium is Pwnage.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Jake101

ORIGINALLY a Vasudan idea.  But then, they realized that it wasn't worth all that work, so they'd let the Terrans do it

:headz:

conclusion: the vasudan are much smarter than we are :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Which is why I'm convinced there were no Vasudans in that ship......

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Blue Lion
You say that til you get a Perseus behind you, I prefer them to heavy or medium fighters

You say that till you get a volley of Harpoons on your tail, then you'll lose all your hull in a few swift hits :p

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
give me an erynies any day :D ( actually, I prefer my good old valkyrie, but it's getting old I guess - tho it still owns the damn perseus :p - )
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey, what's wrong with the Perseus? (Apart from the obvious, I mean.) Like, in comparison with the Valk - I like them pretty much equally. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I prefer the primary weapon placement on the Valk (the center guns are great for killing turrets) but I prefer two secondary banks, like the Perseus.

I see lots of votes for freighters and transports, but no posts about them. Why not?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Well, I didn't vote and won't vote because I like them all, but maybe because they have the least destructive firepower. ;)

Offline MeatPie

I like the Erineyes....both banks filled with Kaysers gives me an uber-death-brining-eight-kayser-gun-toting-killing-machine ;7 :D

Offline Razor

Wow! No one voted for a destroyer. :eek: Orion and Hatshepsut rule all. :D