Corvette
6 (8.1%)
Destroyer
1 (1.4%)
Juggernaught
25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: March 06, 2002, 07:30:22 am

Author Topic: Most [Hated] Ship Class  (Read 10360 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I really like the destroyers. ;)

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Yes, destroyers rule but I like frigates or corvettes. Small but deadly ;7

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve
. Small but deadly ;7

'nuff said.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by venom2506
give me an erynies any day :D ( actually, I prefer my good old valkyrie, but it's getting old I guess - tho it still owns the damn perseus :p - )

Agreed.  The Valk was defintely my favorite ship in FS1 (only reluctantly did I take a Herc in any of the last few missions), but in FS2 I was so glad to get out of the Perseus, and aviod them whenever possible.  

The Erinyes was cool, at first, but running out of primary weapons energy all the time sucked.  The only way not to was to sacrifice a lot of engine power, which made you a sitting, very well armed duck.  Conversely, putting all one's power to engines in an Erinyes accomplished practically nothing.  Now, the Vasudan equivalent, the Reshef :thepimp:, is a much better ship, simply for the engine performance (and because it is Vasudan, thus better by definition).
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
One thing i dont like is freighters, endless waves of bombers...and the fact in nearly every mission, you jump in, instead of being launched from a hanger.
Got Ether?

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
I dislike the Cruiser class mostly. By the time the Second Great War, the cruisers we're fairly useless against Shivan forces. With usually one, weak Anti-Cap Beam Weapon, no flak guns, a missle launcher, around 2 AF and laser turrets. Plus you can destroy them easily, fighters can beat the hell out of it, Destroyers just incinerate it. I'd understand if it was used in backwater areas for purposes, but for the main systems, it has no use against the new weapons of the current time.

I do however like the Aeolus class cruiser, with flak, two anti-cap beam weapons, and laser turrets, it is the most powerful of the Terran and Vasudan cruisers. I dont know why they stopped producing them, they ruled the Fenris and Leviathian.
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by Zeronet
One thing i dont like is freighters

Freightors die to easily, don't you think the GTVA would armor their uber-multi-million-super-classified-stuff-enclosed-ship a bit more satisfactorily? :nod:
(it's fun to blow 'em up though, although I prefer trashing cruisers :D)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

you do know thta all that uber armor was given to the collosus instead of to the transports...

waste of valuable materials if you ask me putting all armor on a single freighter that they send to the FRONT:jaw: :doh: :jaw:
Bah who needeed the Colossus when all we needed was 30 Fenrises

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Everyone hates the cruisers here I take it. No one thinks about the Lilith, or Rakshasa. Both of them can OWN small capships. And the Lilith's clusterbombs usually take out a bunch of my wingmates too.

So there should be better armament on GTVA cruisers, dammit! The Aeolus was the only decent cruiser they had, and they discontinued it!! Thus, the GTC Peleus and GVC Tuket are l33t. ;):D
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Originally posted by Blue Lion
Which is why I'm convinced there were no Vasudans in that ship......

Conspiracy! Khonsu II planted the idea of the Colossus in Terran ship designers! Code named "Operation Kvaniah A'La" (Translation: "Suicide Box") it was revenge for the T-V war, killing 30,000 terrans!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline EdrickV

• Valued
    • http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers
I don't like the transports. Ever looked closely at one that's docked? They tend to dock badly from a visual standpoint. (Often with part of the transport being inside the ship it's docked with.) And it's annoying when you have to guard a convoy of ships. You'd be taking down fighters then realize your convoy's moved away from you and getting pounded by fighters/bombers.
Ground - "Let me help you out, you're clear to taxi any way you can, to any runway you see."

Mesh Gallery/Downloads:
http://members.aol.com/ArisKalzar/Gallery.html
Turreting 101:
http://members.aol.com/EdrickV/FS2/Turreting.html

http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers

Offline Nuclear1

Only like freighters for one thing.... target practice ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by EdrickV
I don't like the transports. Ever looked closely at one that's docked? They tend to dock badly from a visual standpoint. (Often with part of the transport being inside the ship it's docked with.) And it's annoying when you have to guard a convoy of ships. You'd be taking down fighters then realize your convoy's moved away from you and getting pounded by fighters/bombers.

its really funny when an elysium docks backwards...ie it goes into the ship, and its dock point is sticking out
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Argh..

Message to New people:

Voting on old polls brings them all the way back to the front page. It's evil and annoying. STOPPAT!!! [/b]
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline silverwolf

• whoa...he still pops in
juggernauts on the bearbaiting missles i took trebs nadi t took about all of them to take out 1 forward beam cannon

Offline Cannikin

• 800 Gigatons of Whoop-Ass
Rofl, and I was getting my hopes up that Steak had returned... until I saw the dates on the posts :rolleyes:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
:wtf: where did this come from? a vote bump?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by CP5670

mmm hmmm :sigh:

Incentive to always remember to Time-out future polls :doubt:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 10:34:25 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Orion Class Destroyers Rule :D
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by CP5670

I didn't know you could bump threads by voting. I'm terribly sorry.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta