Corvette
6 (8.1%)
Destroyer
1 (1.4%)
Juggernaught
25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: March 06, 2002, 07:30:22 am

Author Topic: Most [Hated] Ship Class  (Read 10422 times)

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Bombers. Definitely.

A half-assed fighter with a decent pilot can do just as much damage nearly as quicly as a bomber, and survive an encounter with most things as well.

I don't remember- I think it was Warzone where you were supposed to take down a couple Shivan capships with a Perseus?

And your secondaries ran out instantly? And it was still an easy mission?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Cruisers. With beam cannons and the Maxim, they are really just useless now. Remember that FS2 nebula mission, where you found the second Knossos? With a Maxim, how hard was it to take out those Shivan cruisers?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
With backup, an Aeolus can actually be quite vicious. Some of them are also very nasty when in groups- the Fenris, Leviathan, Mentu and Cain just plain suck, tho.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Long live the Aten! :lol:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
I still think the Anubis stinks...:doubt: :doh:
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Long live the Aten! :lol:

No comment. :jaw:

Offline Kitsune

I prefer cruisers and corvettes over destroyers though.

They serve as much better fighter/bomber screens than destroyers do.  Plus corvettes can do better damage than the destroyers.  (This is a size:power ration here).

Although I still get worried when a leviathan jumps in, four aaf's that centralized can be a major problem, especially after one mission where the same ship nailed me with three of the aaa beams.  *ouch*  (And I'm not talking 3 shots, I mean getting slammed by two shots from 3 different cannons.)

And then there was the time I walked in front of a BGreen...

But I don't know why some of you hate cruisers.  They're just doing their job.  It's a world where you can kill anything smaller than you.

Cruisers eat Freighters and fighters, and AI bombers.
Corvettes eat all of the above.
Destroyers (are supposed to) eat corvettes with difficulty, but still take out cruisers.
Juggernaughts eat everything else.

Lillith's of course, are a seperate ship class and are excluded from these rules.  As they should have armed it with an SRed, or maybe a fast-firing shivan slash with better damage than Vslash.

Though has anyone noticed that Terran ships don't have many missle mounts?
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I hate FighterKillers. At least Cains are easy to kill.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
I hate corvettes. They've got loads of AAA weaponry, fighterkillers, and flaks guns, making it a bombers worst nightmare. The only thing that is even remotely a challenge in Rebel Intercept is the Amakuni. And thats a Deimos. And funny thing is, when you're supposed to guard a corvette.... well, they die kinda fast then. ;)
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Mmm. On second thought, the thing I hate most is an Aeolus with invulnerability settings.:D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by TheCelestialOne
I still think the Anubis stinks...:doubt: :doh:

Thank goodness they didn't have Vasudan exchange programs back then... :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by Setekh
...back then...

You mean "...in the future..." :p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
:devilidea: You know, in my FS1 Vsaudan campaign... well, you are a Vasudan ensign... :drevil:

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
Everyone likes destroyers :D
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by untouchable
Everyone likes destroyers :D

That's because destroyers rock. They're big, mean, pack a helluva punch and can carry fighters and bombers. They're the ultimate all round ship.

Edit - I cann spel soooo mutch betta than yu :p
« Last Edit: March 12, 2002, 02:30:33 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Rampage
You mean "...in the future..." :p

Don't you start on me with that time displacement stuff.... ;)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by Setekh

Don't you start on me with that time displacement stuff.... ;)

No.  What I mean is that Freespace is in our future (Well, Lets Hope Not).  Your reference to that Pilot Exchange programs "back then" would be irrelevent because Freespace/Freespace 2 is supposed to be in the future.  The War of Deneb won't happen until both of us are in the ground (or in space).  (I'm not going to discuss afterlife destinations.)

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
I hate the freighters because they're so damned weak and can't even defend themselves against non-moving asteroids for crying out loud.
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
hmmm, i dislike juggernaughts because they're a pain in the rear to kill and they suck in ship to ship warfare, too much bulk for too little firepower.  I would prefer a few corvettes to a destroyer, and i would prefer a few destroyers to a juggernaught. (with a few wings of bombers of course)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Rampage
No.  What I mean is that Freespace is in our future (Well, Lets Hope Not).  Your reference to that Pilot Exchange programs "back then" would be irrelevent because Freespace/Freespace 2 is supposed to be in the future.  The War of Deneb won't happen until both of us are in the ground (or in space).  (I'm not going to discuss afterlife destinations.)

Dude...

It was a joke... :p