Author Topic: Dilgar War fanfic too coooool !  (Read 6940 times)

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Dilgar War fanfic too coooool !
Recently I found this Dilgar War fan-story on the internet and I would say it is damn good. Every aspect of the war is described, the writer must have done a very in-dept search for every piece of information on this war before making this. Plus his writting is awesone. You guys should have a look at it :

http://jl1728.googlepages.com/dw
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Dilgar War fanfic too coooool !
'Awesome' is not at all how I'd describe this writing.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
So how will you describe this ?

I don't have a clue how this guy managed to make the story that long. It is even better than some real B5 stories already published.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The prose is turgid, and length alone isn't an indicator of quality. In fact, it usually means the author can't plot well.

But I have no trouble believing it's detailed and faithful to the (very high-quality) B5 canon.

Offline Kassad

• Rock the Casbah!
    • http://kassad86.deviantart.com/
The autor is also wrting "The Last Star" a fanfic about the battl of proxima during the EM war, and is there too

Offline Bluecap

• There I am and - what? Now I'm gone!
Ye gads! 1600+ pages for Part 1??

It appears to be your standard fanfic (i.e. burgeoning writing skills without a developed, singular, personal voice) and the author needs to better edit his grammar and punctuation usage. General Battuta is certainly correct on length not being an indicator of quality. In fact, I'm currently reading The Art and Craft of Feature Writing by WSJ author William E. Blundell. In his chapter on recommended reading for student/beginning writers, he states, "When in doubt, the buyer can always apply this verbiage standard: All books over 500 pages that weren't written by Dickens or a dead Russian are better left on the shelf."

Good book by the way...and useful for more than just journalistic tendencies.

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was 'Oh no, not again'. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now." - HHGTG, Douglas Adams

Offline starlord

An earth dilgar war would be great in TBP, but then again, the B5 universe is so plentiful... :nod:

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
An earth dilgar war would be great in TBP, but then again, the B5 universe is so plentiful... :nod:

We just do not have enough ships for this..

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline starlord

you mean the dilgar ships? Aside from the sekmet flag ship what is there?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Well, actually a Dilgar War campaign is possible.
We got a Dilgar Capship, a Dilgar fighter, multiple Earth Capships of that time period, a EA fighter of that time period, the League ships and by using intelligent reskins, you could double that number.

Problem is: I would be suicide. (just like a full Earth Minbari War campaign)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline starlord

well to give an example, janus 1 was placed during the earth minbari war, and was considered an excellent campaign. Perhaps a similar campaign, concentrating on the feats of one ship only (like the janus) in the dilgar period might be worth something.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
We only have brakiri, drazi, vree ships.  For the Dilgars the sekhmet class was used in the end of the campaign, in the beginning of the war they used older vessels.
The E-M war is different because it only requires Earth and Minbary ships, which are well designed for TBP. This war requires the whole League list of ships not that we will have in several years  ;7

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline Vidmaster

I don't get why EVERYBODY always seems to sneak around the TV show's plot.
Let's make the DilgarWar, let's do After-Crusade, how about a fictional war between Brakiri and Earth and so on. And the most ignored subject seems to be the central element of that plot, the Great War. Is this poisend or what?

We currently have ONE campaign that takes place during the Great War! (Skullar's EACW doesn't count until it's released) What's going on here?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
We lack one ship for the Great War : the famous Walker's Traveller !
To my opinoin ,this war is very difficult to handle, since it is cannon the development must rewatch the whole part of the series, and collect enough information on this war to go on. No one DAREs to take that risk, it will be easily ruined if we make something "out of cannon".
Are you working on the Great War, Vid ?

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline Vidmaster

Fortune Hunters?

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
No, the Great War in general : Army of Light and Later ISA vs Shadows vs Vorlon : big cannon battles ect... you fought battle by battle, defeating the Shadows step by step... The Fortune Hunters just have the theme of the Shadows War, but not the war itself. It is gonna be very difficult that is why no one wants to make it.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
By the way I have some secrets revealed if you guys want to know. It's about the Hand :

The Hand was an ancien race older than even the Shadows, and as advanced as the Walkers. They somehows manipulated the Kirishiac Lords into a war with all other First Ones, and then after the Kirishiac were defeated the whole galaxy turned towards the Hand. Despite being very advanced the Hand were not able to take on all of them and eventually be exiled by dimensional technology of the Walkers.

During their sejour in the void between galaxies the Hand has mastered Void Technology, which give their ship Void weapon and Void engine (this is why their engines do not leave any engine wash).

All this information comes from the Babylon 5 RPG game book: "Legend of Ranger". I suggest you guys have a look at it, very informative.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline Vidmaster

No, the Great War in general : Army of Light and Later ISA vs Shadows vs Vorlon : big cannon battles ect... you fought battle by battle, defeating the Shadows step by step...

well no, exactly this is FH   ;7