Author Topic: FSPort 3.1.1 Released!  (Read 129163 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: FSPort 3.1.1 Released!
3.1 -> 3.1.1 has been fixed on the site.

How could the installation procedure be cleaner?  You're supposed to read the readme and do what it says?

And you should take another look at Awakenings -- the FSMods links are set up properly.  The FilePlanet link is unfortunately at the mercy of FilePlanet.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Ahhh, righto. That explains the File Planet link situation better.

I suppose by "cleaner" I meant that it might be easier to ascertain what the user would need/want if the download links were placed in a more orderly fashion. For instance, if the components of the Port were listed in a sub-catagory directly beneath the "Full Downloads" section, then additional campaigns were listed, etc., the order of the install might possibly be a bit more intuitive. Or... something like that. I will state that the "Main Downloads" page does look a bit more orderly now that I look at it again; the "lack of order" presumption could have just been an impression I had at the time.

By the way, thank you for updating the page!  :D

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To be honest, the downloads page looks exactly the way you seem to want it right now. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Hi,
sorry if this is a stupid question but i have read in another thread that an FSport_ Highres File exist and i don't have this file, neither can i find it on the download page on the first page of this thread. Does this file exist or have i understand something wrong?
My current FSport Folder concist of following files:

FS1OGGCutscenepack.vp
fsport.bmp
fsport3_1.vp
fsport-missions.vp
mod.ini
sparky_hi_fs1.vp
stu_fs1.vp
tango_fs1.vp
vasuda_new.ogg
warble_fs1.vp

Thanx
Nico

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
FSPort Hires is an old file used for an old version of FSPort. Everything in there is now in the FSPort Media VPs.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
If using the FSPort Media VPs, unzip them to a new 'fsport-mediavps' directory in your FreeSpace2 folder. Be sure that you have the 3.6.10 MVPs installed in 'mediavps' and you're using a 3.6.10 build. If you're playing a mod that uses FSPort, add 'fsport-mediavps' to the mod.ini just before 'fsport' in the SecondaryMod line.
I have this line in FreeSpace2/fsport-mediavps/mod.ini file:

Code: [Select]
[multimod]
secondarylist = fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps;

but ships have old textures still. What is wrong?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well you don't need the mod itself on the secondarylist, so get rid of fsport-mediavps from that line.  Last one loaded gets priority I believe, and the current mod should be after the secondarylist mods.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
Ah, I fixed it finally.

Code: [Select]
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps
I had to put it to command line in Launcher.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's another way to do it, yes.  But it can also work without manually modifying the launcher line, I've done it myself.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Vip

The Cutscenes vp link seems to be down, any idea where I can get them ?
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline delta38

The link for the cutscenes in the main post is down, here's a mirror:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.187

Should other links go down, http://www.freespacemods.net/ should have the files mirrored in the download section.

I've got another question: on http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/downloads.html there are a bunch of ported campaigns listed as separate files. Are these included as part of the main post downloads (split into the various VPs) or do I need to download them and install them individually to access the enhancements?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:54:31 am by delta38 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've got another question: on http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/downloads.html there are a bunch of ported campaigns listed as separate files. Are these included as part of the main post downloads (split into the various VPs) or do I need to download them and install them individually to access the enhancements?
No, those are separate campaigns / separate mods.  They were converted by the FSPort staff, and they require the FSPort files to work, but they are not part of the main FSPort distribution.  Think of them as expansion packs. :)

Offline delta38

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! I'll give them a shot, this project as a whole has me quite interested, great job, keep 'em coming!

Offline uk_john

I have just installed my retail version of Freespace 2 and used the FSO installer to install 'everything'. On trying the FSPort first (reasonably!) I have a problem and a question:

problem: My problem is that when I start the campaign, the game tells me two ship classes are missing and this could lead to problems if I carry on with the mission. Is there an answer to this?

Question: My question is, is there a way to have the Freespace 1 intro for the fsport mod rather than the FS 2 intro?

Thanks for your time.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Great War opening should play. :wtf:

Offline uk_john

Well I think I have sorted out my problem, I went straight to 'Start or Continue Campaign' without going to 'Campaigns available and choosing 'The Great War', after clicking on The Great War I got the FS1 training mission with no errors. Before I think I was getting the FS 2 training mission.

As to the Freespace 1 The Great War intro not playing, could you tell me how to fix it when I choose the FSPort mod? Thanks.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Something might not have installed all the way, if you have any mod selected that uses FSPort, it plays the FreeSpace 1 opening. If it's not then I'd look into possibly reinstalling the Port files.

Offline uk_john

Well, I am only choosing FSPort or fsport mediavps folders. Should I use another folder?

EDIT: I downloaded the cutscenes and put the movies folder in the fsport_mediavps\data folder and got The Great War intro! WHat a brilliant intro it is too!

So, my problem and question have been pretty much self fixed (should have not been so quick to post!), but thanks for all the help!

Obviously am still on the FSPort training mission, so haven't been bloodied yet, but can I say, sort of in advance, thanks for all the great work on this. Not the most glamorous choice, to just bring the Great War missions into FS 2 OSP, but it's was a very important thing to do, and I hope you get more praise for this than those more glamorous mods!

Just a question though. I have three campaigns, The Great War and Silent Threat I know, what's the Templar campaign? Don;t know that one - should I?! :) 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:10:12 pm by uk_john »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you install the FSPort cutscenes via the installer?

Offline uk_john

Goober5000, you posted as I edited! 2 great minds......!! When I used the FSO installer, I chose 'everything' so it should have been installed but wasn't.