Author Topic: FSPort 3.1.1 Released!  (Read 129181 times)

Offline Narvi

Since nobody seemed to notice this last time, so I'll just repost it here since people might want to know.

The radar icons thread is a bit old, and I don't want to necro it... so...

Some of the radar icons are a bit too high-res for me to display them using my battered old Intel 945GM. I'm referring specifically to the fighter icons; they display as blurry squares instead of the expected triangles. The other ones (destroyers, freighters etc) display just fine, however.

I've tested it one a friend's higher-spec rig, and the icons display correctly, so I'm thinking it's more to do with my old hardware than anything else. I'm just bringing it to your attention, if you want to correct it.

Also, is it possible for the icons to be a bit more transparent? When there's a lot of ships in one area, they tend to pile up and be hard to distinguish.

The icons are masterful. Simple, but efficient.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
EDITED: Another small issue for fsport mediavp.

Dragon is also a FS2 ship so this table should go in Mediavps 3.6.10 (SF Dragon) AND/OR port (#weakened, #Terrans)

Dragon LOD 1 is so horrible that looks bad even in the target window.

I would use the next -shp.tbm in order to fix it:

Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

$Name: SF Dragon
+nocreate
$POF target LOD: 0

$Name: SF Dragon#weakened
+nocreate

$Name: SF Dragon#Terrans
+nocreate

#End

This is already in the MV_Core. But because it is not also duplicated in mv_assets, it doesn't carry over. The Port (#Weakened and #Terran) ones should be fine though.

My fault.

As posted in MediaVPs internal thread, SF Dragon $POF target LOD: 0 entry is present in Mediavps and it is carried over completely fine. (If it hadn't been applied, it would have been a serious FSOpen bug, as no other table entry overrides the "$POF target LOD: 0" one from mv_dragon-shp.tbm in mv_core.vp)

But the other two ships, which only exist in FSPort, do need that table.

(I noticed the issue in "Enter the dragon" mission where I didn't realise that I wasn't hunting a "SF Dragon" but a "SF Dragon#weakened". And then I wrongly thought that SF Dragons lacked that setting).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:15:45 am by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

In the mission 'The End', the normally transparent bit around the planet is green.... Here is a copy of the pic: http://bs.beckament.net/files_pub/images/screen0049.jpg

I am using: fs2_open_3_6_10r-20081225_r5020.exe

FSPort mod ini:
has no [multimod] line

FSPort-MediaVPs v3.1.1 mod.ini:
[multimod]
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

I have all launcher graphics items on except: disable scale to windows and apply lighting to missiles.
Launcher Flags: -ambient_factor 15 -ogl_spec 20 -spec_exp 11 -spec_point .6 -spec_static .8 -spec_tube .4
OpenGL 1440x900 32bit w/ trilinear filtering
Use large textures: checked
I have the 3.6.10 MediaVPs

I have been playing by using 'FSPort-MediaVPs' as my mod and selecting the 'Freespace: the Great War' campaign... Do I have it setup wrong? (I am quite new to FS)

Other than that it looks great, though... =)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:44:37 pm by von Pilsner »
-- I'll be back before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism...

Offline ShivanSpS

Great work guys :)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
In the mission 'The End', the normally transparent bit around the planet is green.... Here is a copy of the pic: http://bs.beckament.net/files_pub/images/screen0049.jpg

Although I suppose FSPort people know about this issue...

The problem is that SunSathanas01.pcx doesn't have a pure green background (R:0 G:255 B:0) but a nearly green one (R:12 G:255 B:0).

Till a new patch is out, here you have a fixed version. Unzip and put it inside FSPort/data/effects folder (create it if needed). It will override fsport3_1_1.vp one

(If using retail FS2, instead of FS2_Open, then put it in Freespace2/data/effects. BUT IF YOU ARE USING FS2_OPEN, DON'T PUT IT HERE)

EDITED. Enter the dragon again

Stripped down Dragons also lack AB trails. So lets modify my former table (Whatever-shp.tbm) into the next one:

Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

$Name: SF Dragon#weakened
+nocreate
$Trails:
+Bitmap: sabtrail
+Width: 2.5
+Alpha: 0.3
+Life: 1

$Name: SF Dragon#Terrans
+nocreate
$Trails:
+Bitmap: ABtrail
+Width: 2.5
+Alpha: 0.3
+Life: 1

#End

(A cosmetic fix only)

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:57:33 am by ARSPR »
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Offline NucNuc

Great work you people have done with this. :yes:

Just one "atmospheric" thing: like in the previous versions you still use the medals of FS2 and not the "original" Great War designs. Why ?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
We'd have to redo all the art for the medals, and the medal case. It's a bit much considering everything else we've done in this release.

Besides, most of the medals are very very similar between FS1 and FS2.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Thanks ARSPR!!!!! =)
-- I'll be back before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism...

Offline NucNuc

We'd have to redo all the art for the medals, and the medal case. It's a bit much considering everything else we've done in this release.

Besides, most of the medals are very very similar between FS1 and FS2.

Isn´t it possible to change  the bitmaps/PCX-files for the medals to the one´s from FS1 ?  Some of them just look a bit better ( i.e. "Military Defence" ).

(Damn! I know I have these old CDs somewhere.)

I know this is only a minor thing compared to the immense work you  have done. I only try to stick to what I am able to do.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Ooops, just noticed...

sm03-10a.fs2, (the last mission), lacks all the credits. You've deleted all the training messages from 3.0.4.  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Intentional? (In this way it's a pretty stupid mission)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't remember doing that but it wouldn't surprise me.  The messages didn't work right anyway.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
it's my idea or did i found an easter egg in "The end?"  :pimp:

PS: How could i forget to thank you guys? THANKS ALOT! it was great to replay such a great port :3
Signed, me

Offline -Norbert-

Can someone please tell me were I can get the fsport-hi_res.vp file from?
I looked around in the forum and used the search function, but didn't find a link to the file anywere....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Are you talking about a file from an older release?  Everything you need for this release is in the first post, and since this thread is about the release of this version, if you're looking for an old one it should probably be in a new thread.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually it used to be in the first post in this thread.  But it isn't really needed unless you're on retail.  Nevertheless:
http://fsport.freespacemods.net/releases/fsport-hi_res.zip

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
Questions that I'm not quite sure was answered.  What is contained in the FSPort mediavps that differs from the vps present in the fsport directory?
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

Offline -Norbert-

If it's only needed for retail, then I'm fine. I just thought it should be there, since it was mentioned in the first post. Thanks.

I finished the Freespace Port Main Campaign yesterday.

What i have to say? Great work!

But it is possible, that there is no support for Difficult Settings above "Medium"?

Because i was able to play the FSPort on "Insane" and have only a few missions (mostly the Missions without shields, like "The Field of Battle" (fighting the ace ;)) and "Good Luck") where i have to reduce the Difficult to complete them successfully.

But i can't remember that Freespace 1 was so easy to complete. I play Freespace 2 on "Medium" and sometimes on "Hard" and then i have big problems to complete the Missions. (because of the Beam Weapons?), so i think that there is something wrong *g*

The only bug i encounter (except to the "Credits" Mission) was in "Playing Judas" were i was unable to scan the SD Eva, because it's jumping out after it brakes to 90 m/s. Too fast for my Dragon. And i know, that the Eva brakes down in FS1 to a speed slower than the Dragon before it jumps out.

Okay, Silent Threat is a different story, it seems very unbalanced, after 2 or 3 minutes my AI-Mates are all dead :D. To play FSPorts Silent Threat is really "Insane".. but they will be killed on "Easy" too. And in can't remember that Silent Threat was so boring... without In-Mission Music, few Dialogs... was the AddOn really worse than in my memories?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:51:45 am by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I can't agree that the AI always die, on easy on the first mission both my wings survived in full but on Hard I only had Alpha 4, and Beta 1 and 4 left (and me).  But some of the balancing is...interesting, that's for sure.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Vip

Just play Silent Threat Reborn instead of the original one, the retail thing isn't worth it IMO.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred