Author Topic: The Destiny of Peace ported to FS2  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

The Destiny of Peace ported to FS2
I figured I'd start converting FS1 campaigns to FS2 to take advantage of the port, and I started with the DoP campaign. Here's the result. The missions don't have background data yet, but they'll run in FS2.

Edit: The ships are still using FS2 beams, but they don't have the beam-free sexp. I didn't realize that when I uploaded it, I'll correct it in the versions with backgrounds.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2002, 09:02:53 pm by 102 »
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
that link not work
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Woohoo! I'll have to try it... eventually. :rolleyes: Too busy ATM. There's not much to converting old campaigns, you can even do some of it in Notepad if you want. There will be a guide to FS1 mission converting at some point. Just remember to replace all the beams and flak guns with laser turrets as per the FS1 capship weapons data. Note, there is one turret on the Typhon that has been turned into a primary gunpoint but was once a missle launcher. I replaced it with an Avenger. Have fun!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Mmmm! I loved DoP. Great campaign. I'll try it when I have summore free time. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
New avatar, Setekh?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by SILVER DRACON
that link not work

The same thing here:(
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Grey Wolf

Stupid FTP software; didn't finish sending the file. Oh well, I'm uploading it now; It should be up in ~10-12 minutes. It's about 2.18 MB including sounds.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

It's uploaded now.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
New avatar, Setekh?

Yep. Well, yes and no. Salvage of an old project. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.