Author Topic: Ideas for new weapons.  (Read 2271 times)

Ideas for new weapons.
I had a couple of ideas for new weapons that might be interesting.

1) Short range energy draining dumbfire for when you are in a cloud of enemies and you need to thin out the numbers. You plug a couple of these into the hull as it passes, they drain the shield energy into themselves slowly like a big capacitor then when the shields are drained they discharge the power back into the hull shorting out all subsystems tempoarily (15 sec?) good for when you are massivley out numbered (defensive missons?) and you have to buy a bit of breathing space. Doesn't kill just knocks 'em out for a few secs.

2) Scatter cannon, instead of a concentrated stream of fire this produces a high speed spray like a shotgun, again good for getting dragons ect up close where accuracy is difficult.

3) Explosive countermeasures. Turns a defense into a weapon and works like the infyrno, one click launches and a second detonates, good for when you are being pursued.

Any other ideas?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Re: Ideas for new weapons.
Originally posted by TeflonBob
I had a couple of ideas for new weapons that might be interesting.

1) Short range energy draining dumbfire for when you are in a cloud of enemies and you need to thin out the numbers. You plug a couple of these into the hull as it passes, they drain the shield energy into themselves slowly like a big capacitor then when the shields are drained they discharge the power back into the hull shorting out all subsystems tempoarily (15 sec?) good for when you are massivley out numbered (defensive missons?) and you have to buy a bit of breathing space. Doesn't kill just knocks 'em out for a few secs.

2) Scatter cannon, instead of a concentrated stream of fire this produces a high speed spray like a shotgun, again good for getting dragons ect up close where accuracy is difficult.

3) Explosive countermeasures. Turns a defense into a weapon and works like the infyrno, one click launches and a second detonates, good for when you are being pursued.

Any other ideas?

1) Hmmmm
2) Flak cannons
3) I think I made them so they had cyclops level damage
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
1, 2, and 3: I'm not  sure that's possible.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
3 is. 1 is in effect, though the way he described can't be done.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: Ideas for new weapons.
I think Venom's Sandqueen (fitted only on the VEF Aoh) is something like (2)...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have a weapon similar to #2 that operates like an automatic shotgun; it is only effective at 150m or so but does a significant amount of damage to armor over a dispersed area. Looks a bit like the quill/fang cannon from BZ2, if anyone has seen that.

The explosive countermeasure sounds like a neat idea, but I am not sure whether or not the game can properly handle multiple countermeasures. (in addition to the standard one)

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
In my campaign you'll "hopefully" see an AC cannon. :)

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
An AC Cannon? :wtf:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
air conditioner? :confused: :D

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Stunaep
An AC Cannon? :wtf:

Anti-capital :p

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Well, I've been trying to achieve something like that for te Phaeton for a while... you can have an array of guns arranged to fire in a cone, but that's about it.

What about a photon torpedo? you could do it as a single fast moving blob of laser turret fire, but could you make it an aspect seeker?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I thought I'd drag out this tired old gag...

Beams for fighters...
Only instead of damaging anything, they only damage subsystems, and you have to hit the exact center of the subsystem.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Originally posted by TeflonBob
What about a photon torpedo? you could do it as a single fast moving blob of laser turret fire, but could you make it an aspect seeker?

Yep, those look really cool, I made a photon torpedo once :)
One is never alone with a rubberduck - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

The Apocalypse Project