Author Topic: Greetings from Fleet Commander Team  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Darken

Greetings from Fleet Commander Team
Greetings!
I'm Darken, one of the project directors for BSG: Fleet Commander (battlestarmod.com). One of our team mentioned you guys over here and the possibility of working together on a few assets. You can see some of our ingame ships over on our website through the video. We're sitting on a few custom battlestars as well. If you all have any interest in some sort of cooperative work, let us know and we'll discuss. Either way, just really wanted wish you all the best of luck over here. Go Battlestar Mods! Again, can't wait to see more from this group. Looks great so far!

-Darken
Admiralty, Project Director

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Greetings from Fleet Commander Team
Hi Darken.

I'd just like to say that I'm similarly impressed by the work both your mods have done. I really enjoyed the Crysis mod trailer when I first saw it. I consider both the Crysis mod and the X3 one our main "competition" :D But it's always a friendly one. Like hoping your team mate comes in second right behind you. :)

As for working together, there a number of technical issues that would need to be discussed in order to be sure our stuff could be used by each other. There's obviously no point in sharing models if the formats are so different that it would be less work to simply make the model ourselves.

I'm going to be rather busy the next day or so but after that I'll write a longer response and we can see what we can do for each othr. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Any chance you have an IM account Darken? I'd like to discuss a few technical things regarding the possible problems kara mentioned.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Hi Darken.

Me too... I am a modeler on the team and exported most of the actual placeholders and models for FS2. If there is a way to cooperate, we might be able to find it.

Contacts:
msn: [email protected]
Yahoo: Meleardil
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Welcome Aboard! Always nice to see follow BSG Modders :D

Can't really add much other than that, since I'm a music-guy, but just thought I'd chime in anyway ;)

Offline egeus

hello!
I am a modeler and texturer for the BSG Fleet Commander Team. I want to say that I am a huge fan of Freespace as well as the BTRL mod and I am happy to see that you guys are still active and doing great work.  :yes:

I wanted to extend a simple and formal diplomatic greeting on our behalf as you can never have too many friends.(if my Admiral hasn't already done that :) ) The crysis mod is still in its infancy as we have not released a playable beta, and many of our assets are still in testing phase, but I thought it would be a good idea just to open up friendly a dialog.

-egeus

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:46:20 am by egeus »

Offline newman

I'm a modeler and texturer for Diaspora, so one artist to another, thanks for the greeting and same to you :)
I was very impressed by the Crysis mod trailer, you guys are doing excellent work.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Must admit, the cloud effects combined with those models works absolutely beautifully in the Video.

Offline Darken

Karajorma,

Noticed from you're recent news post that you all have the coveted raptor and viper interiors. We were about to have a modeler work these as well and wondered if we might be able to exchange some assets. The interiors would save us a bunch of time and hopefully there is an asset that we have (or will soon have) that you all would like to exchange for. Good to see things progressing so well over here, do let me know about any deal we can broker.

-Darken
BSG:FC Project Director

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll have to talk it over with Newman since it's his model but I'll get back to you. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Now THIS is what I LOVE to see, two great modding teams shaking hands firmly and giving each other a friendly "Howdy do!" 

Oh, terrific things could come of this, oh yes they could!   ;)

Of course, I might be a "little bit" more biased towards the Fleet Commander team, as they're so good lookin' and smart and... uh...um... have already started converting one of my sketches into the mod!   :yes:

Take a look here if you're interested (page 2 has the mesh shots):
http://library.battlestarmod.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=199

Don't know how long the above link will work due to site overhauling, so get a gander while you can.  Whether my work's in Fleet Commander or not, there's no debating how hard they've been working on it, how good it looks, and how great it plays.  Still, I think the mod will be better with my ship in it.   :lol:

I really do hope things can be coordinated between the two parties; man I can only imagine the possibilities and the tremendous results!

:)

Best of luck to all!