Author Topic: Unused features  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Skullar

I have fredded a feature I have no use for, but it might be interesting for people who plan on doing a SHADOW or VORLON campaign.

HYPERSPACE TRANSLATION
------------------------------------
Every time you press a button ( Enter on numlock I think ) your fighter enters ( or leaves ) hyperspace. So far, the ship simply translates to hyper/realspace as the shadows do, it wouldn't be difficult to modify the effect and to add a jump vortex ( vorlon style )

What happens when you enter hyperspace :
- background changes to hyperspace
- the player coords are offset by 100000 or so in x direction. That way all ships seem to vanish.
- NAVMARKS appear instead. When the original ships move, the NAVMARKS in hyperspace also move, representing their coordinates in realspace.
- COORD translation works with this offset and an additional 10:1 ratio.   This means, if you dive to hyperspace, fly one km and fall back to realspace, you will have travelled 10 km in realspace.

If a navmark is in front of you and you leave hyperspace, the corresponding ship will also be in front of you and so on...

This hyperspace feature allows to take shortcuts through hyperspace and to incite surprise attacks, and of course, escaping to hyperspace is a safe way to escape any hostile situation.

This feature makes vorlon and shadow fighters ( when flown by player ) truly superior to younger races spacecraft... lol

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
This sounds just like a feature that would make one campaign I've been thinking about very interesting...
One could add a short jump-in/-out cĂ­nematic and that would be it

Is there a test mission? I want to run the whitestar through this....

EDIT: Check your PMs
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:59:45 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
there is one since Skullar send me this a while ago. It's neat.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.