Author Topic: WIP Zephyrus  (Read 21850 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Huh? Its not engine lighting that's baked on, it's lighting from the yellow stuff.
How it looks like right now is how it looks like with its engines disabled (no engine glow).

What problem would there be at all?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Huh? Its not engine lighting that's baked on, it's lighting from the yellow stuff.
How it looks like right now is how it looks like with its engines disabled (no engine glow).

What problem would there be at all?

Oh, okay. I think I misinterpreted something. Consider my comment retracted!

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Wow, lots of replies... :D

@Zacam and Galemp: thanks and thanks again for the nameplate help. I'll start working on it at some point. And I think I know where to put it.

@Snail and FoxTango: The model will be re-converted anyways, so I still might change the engines a bit, but I suggest you wait and see them textured first.

@Galemp (again :P): The textures are not finished yet.
Firstly, as you will see if you check my post with all the images, I toned 'up' the normal maps to make sure the new 'smaller-panel-lines' would be visible. They are on a separate layer on the heightmap .psd, and they will be heavily toned down on the final version
Secondly, the back 'panel' of the engines (the part where the thrusters actually stick out of) has NOT been textured. No diffuse, no normal, no shine, nothing. So, of course it looks like $**t. And the yellow glows are still WIP. They are going to extend to the top and bottom of the Hercules-like engines (possibly -I might not do this, as it is not alike the retail Zephy) and to the rear 'thruster' panel (this I will definitely do).

I think I answered everybody. :nervous:

Oh, and about the three textures: It's possible to bake the Orion one onto the 'base' diffuse one, but there's a small voice in the back of my mind advising caution. If I do it, it will be the absolutely last thing I do
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Enioch

How about this spot?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Meh, I'd prefer it on the back segment where the engines are, above the greebles. Sort of where the nameplate on the Hecate is.
But that's just me.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Enioch

Like this?

And I started work on her butt... :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
She's got a nice ass.

And do I spy a little tattoo? ;7

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Too dark... >_<

Take your screenshots into Photoshop or Gimp and run a Normalize pass on them, it would help tremendously.

That said, yeah, I like it there. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Very nice work.