Author Topic: SF Basilisk WIP  (Read 48584 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
How is talk about malware, codecs and media players helping this thread at all?

BrotherBryon: Glad to here that work is still capable of progress. Where there any further modifications that were going to be made since the last screenshot, or is it pretty well considered done and on with the conversion phase?

Also, if you'd like me to shadow copy anything, I have archived the initial file you posted and I can archive more WIP stuff into the Internal FSU Mantis system for WIP tracking.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Malware? Nah. It's just a piece of **** is all.
It is malware, it installs adverts onto your computer without your discretion (adware) and it also sends your private information to other parties (spyware).

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
And Off-Topic belongs in general discussion, not here.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Since it be pirate day I thought I would give a brief status update. I think I have corrected all the mesh problems finally and now I am starting to UV map for the fifth time. Hopefully I have fixed all the mesh problems this time around. While I was at it I added some more pollys to a few areas to assist with the smoothing. A few screen shots

By brotherbryon at 2009-09-18

Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Aye, that be a gorgeous beast.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
You've perfectly catched the FS1 feeling! :drevil:
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I say, that does look spiffing.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
I hope the UV mapping gets finished, I'd love to blow a few of these up.  :pimp:
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I concur! This looks to be awesome when it's done.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Very nice.  :yes:
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Smoothing in a few spots is off.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That can be fixed.  Requires an edgesplit modifier in Blender.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
WUMP.

Please don't let this thread die. If anyone has this model and its textures, can you post them so we can continue working on them? Even if it's not finished, it would be a great asset in rendering animations and cutscenes.

:nervous:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
He made a dump of most of his models a while ago. The problem is he uses SketchUp and its abominable file format - I think the Basilisk might have been in a more common format, but everything else required you to go through hoops to make useable to the general populace.

Which is sad: I really want to see his Hipocrates in action...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I wanted to give it a shot at the Hipocrates texturing some time ago, but I gave up when I found no source files for blender.
el hombre vicio...

WUMP.

Please don't let this thread die. If anyone has this model and its textures, can you post them so we can continue working on them? Even if it's not finished, it would be a great asset in rendering animations and cutscenes.

:nervous:

Also, Hippocrates, Charybdis, new Orion (for those who like it), Dragon, Taurvi, Hades, Colossus, Knossos, Seth, Azrael...
Edit: And the Typhon, Demon, Poseidon...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 04:52:56 am by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
**** the "new Orion", the current one is fine.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
**** the "new Orion", the current one is fine.

THIS. Plus we already have another version...we don't need 3 different friggin HTL Orions.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam

Also, Hippocrates, Charybdis, new Orion (for those who like it), Dragon, Taurvi, Hades, Colossus, Knossos, Seth, Azrael...
Edit: And the Typhon, Demon, Poseidon...

I think we can make whole new thread for all the unfinished projects, gather models and try to give them a shot. Since it is not a problem of a single project, it may be a reasonable move.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/