Having played DoW2 since Monday, I'm having mixed feelings.
+ The gameplay is different from the typical RTS, more tactical and unit-focused.
+ RPG elements.
+ You only have limited number of units at disposal.
+ No base building.
+ Unit customization.
- Fallen units are perhaps too easy to replace on the field as long as one unit remains to revive the rest, then you can reinforce squads again.
- Full micromanagement during pause is not possible. Some commands, like attack move can be set during pause, but grenade throw or assault jump cannot.
- No saving game during missions. Then again, if all units fall you get emergency extract and try again. The only thing you lose is one day, which so far has only meant missing an optional mission or two.
- No squad customization, only leaders can be customized.
- Linear story even if there are optional missions.
I don't think DoW2 is a bad game, it certainly does have a lot of potential. I hope expansions will improve on these shortcomings. However, so far I am enjoying DoW2 as is. Boredom hasn't kicked in while playing yet at least.