Author Topic: I want to remake this  (Read 17385 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Re: I want to remake this
Yeah I was referring to Top Gear XD

When the show is that crazy, next time you see a crazy/odd car pic your mind instinctively thinks that it's Top Gear. XD

I think Herra pretty much echoed my thoughts on the weapons systems/structural integrity/tq blah blah blah, so... yeah. But this is a sci-fi work, and like I said before it looks to me like a styling cue of some sort (which can't be altered?) for whatever you're doing.

So for me I'll just be ignorant towards the physics side of things if you ever release what you've done into a mod. :lol:

I notice you added some more "solid" attachments/braces from the wingtips to the guns in that last screenie above? The whole assembly looks like aircraft drop tanks somehow... :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

the wings seam to be too thin to hold these massive engine and missile pods.

Funny you should say that considering I increased thickness by over 300% and width by 20% as compared to the original version
I have created a masterpiece.

I got an I Am The Stig T-shirt for Xmas
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

I got an I Am The Stig T-shirt for Xmas

Err.... random? :confused:

and finally.... done...

Now to skin this devil somehow... man this is going to be semi murderous.

As a Textureur, please take your time making the UVmap. I have seen plenty of good models done well, but were nearly impossible to work with due to the crappy UV mapping done. Consider using not one, but two or more 1024X1024 or even better, 2048X2048 size for your UV maps and lay them out with minimal stretching as possible. For a good example, look at the Jackel done by Scooby-do which uses several UV maps. Good luck! :)
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Actually I have another method as well :P

Use a 1024x2048 texture. It is possible, just a few tweaks and poof you have the UV space of 2 1024 textures but in one map on one model. We'll see how many textures I need later, I am actually unsure of how big I should go.

Oh yeah a few questions on that part. How again do I make normal maps? I recall I had SEVERE problems with that last time I tried. I have the normal map filter but what channels do I change ect again?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:39:16 am by Vengence »

I never was able to get the Nvida program to let me create a .dds file unless it was in a cubic fformat such as 2048X2048 for example. Same goes for making normals as far as I know of, the format has to be square for the Nvida program to work unless I'm missing something?
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
The resolution just needs to be 2^x * 2^y form. 512x2048 works just as well as 1024*1024.

Jadehawk, what version of nvDXT are you using? It should be able to convert power-of-two textures without any problems...

You should aspire to make the model use just one map, since multiple textures is the biggest performance-limiting factor on FS2_Open engine. Only if you want to use something completely insane like 2048x4096 resolution you should make it use two maps, and that's because of some video cards that are limited to 2048^2 as maximum texture resolution.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
One word.  Awesome.

Two more words: me wants.
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I want it too! :D

Any clue on the textures you'll be using, Vengence?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Any clue on the textures you'll be using, Vengence?

Um... similar to the original but better?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
In a *cough* *cough* you know how way? ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
I personally liked the other texture a lot, so a new one of it would be cool. And the ship looks awesome. :yes:
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Want some strange urban camo on it? XD

Oh btw... the cockpit I have sucks badly. Anybody would like to loan a simple cockpit model as well as a standing human model? I need a human to make proper size adjustments.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You may copy and paste what you need from high poly spacecraft model featuring cockpints. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Kinda hard considering I don't have a way to convert COB or POF to 3DS or OBJ.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
What program did you use to make the model?
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

3D Studio Max 9. I can bear putting this through another program to convert to COB and then POF then rig it in PCS2 but as for going to COB.... thats kinda hard.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Ok. I use Maya, and it takes forever to get it to a working pof format (since that Maya I use only has 2 saving formats. :mad:
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~