Author Topic: I want to remake this  (Read 17294 times)

Re: I want to remake this
3DS can export in many formats... except for COB.

I am getting a trial of Deep Exploration but I don't know if it will work. I am pretty sure Truespace could handle the COB export but I dunno.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Trying to get something through Maya didn't work, so I have to export to .dae/.cob (or something like that) and use deep exploration. It isn't free (I used the trial version as well) and seems to turn the model 90 degrees upwards, but saving/exporting it to a format that truespace can use can be done. Then from Truespace to pof can also be done and is quite simple.

BTW, is there any way to save something and not have to go through Truespace?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Just export to DAE.
The Collada supporting PCS2 will open that.

I'm pretty sure there's a Collada plugin for most programs.

I don't think anyone should be using COBs anymore unless they're modelling with TrueSpace. DAE is just...better.

COB dumps suck, as the only way I can get them into max is to go COB->POF->DAE, then import it into max, though the POF->DAE part of it is finnicky and gives me ARRAY OUT OF BOUNDS errors and I can't do anything about them... Annoying. :(
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

PCS2 cannot import DAE

Offline Droid803

Yes it can.
I've done it before.
Many times.

Read this: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54757.0.html

More specifically, getting THIS version of PCS2 will allow Collada import.
(´・ω・`)

I am missing DLLs

Offline Droid803

I had that problem too.  :nod:

Then I asked about it on this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57841.0.html, and I got the DLLs and the VC whatever thing that's required for it.

I should have just linked THIS: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Collada_Importer#How_to_Get_Collada_Support off the bat.
(´・ω・`)

K, this should make things easier.

The UV map is going.... oddly at best. I'm not exactly sure of what to do on this particular part. Should I make things worlds easier by simply mirroring or should I UV everything? Of course the implications of this is that if I mirror I should not use text or stuff on the body but it saves time and space.

The chick may be in a suit with a headdress, but it gets the job done. Only model I had already exported to .obj  :D

[attachment deleted by ninja]

K, this should make things easier.

The UV map is going.... oddly at best. I'm not exactly sure of what to do on this particular part. Should I make things worlds easier by simply mirroring or should I UV everything? Of course the implications of this is that if I mirror I should not use text or stuff on the body but it saves time and space.

You can mirror things yes, but you need to carefully think that out so you don't cause problems by making things too restrictive. As I have said before, taking your time now making a good UV map is just as important doing the entire model it's self as the mapping can make your modeling very well worth it. Not only that, but us Textureurs will thank you greatly for making a good UV map!  :nod:

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

May be thinking ahead but what do you think of the weapon choices?

-Normal Weapons-
Plasma Repeater - Fast firing light weapon. Fast travel speed and good range. Fair damage. Used on the wing guns. Low energy drain. Cycles
Plasma Cannon- Prometheus ROF heavy weapon. Fast travel speed and short range. High damage on hull, medium on shields. Used on Fuselage. High energy drain.

-Specialty Weapons-
Irradiated Plasma Repeater - Medium ROF light weapon. Fast travel speed and good range. Good damage, can damage subsystems to a great effect. Used on wings. Medium power drain.
Positron Cannon - Slow ROF heavy weapon. Slow travel speed and short range. Horrendous hull damage, extreme shield damage, murderous to subsystems. Used on Fuselage. Extreme power drain.

The Empire has a sort of affinity for brutal weapons. Call it crazy but they have a good reason to considering their ancestors went through hell... and a bit more liberal use of what they had could have saved millions of lives. This resulted in the wide spread use of 'Irradiated' weaponry. Weapons that generate or release high amounts of radiation upon impact. The galactic races find this usage of radiation weapons to be highly disturbing and are wary around the Empire for their use of such weapons... This culminated in the unveiling of the Positron Cannon, the Empire's most dreaded and feared weapon. An anti-matter of sorts weapon, it annihilates matter and releases extreme amounts of gamma radiation... killing entire ship crews and obliterating its internal systems.

To give an estimation of the power of the Positron Cannon in FS2... a single 4 fighter wing armed with these could probably kill a Cruiser without using missiles in about 30 seconds. The weapon is just THAT damaging but the power requirements are extreme and the projectile relatively slow. For dogfighting you should use it at close range but be careful of the Area of Effect blast it has.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I like. :D

Will the missiles involve Itano Circus-y goodness too?

Itano Circus? :wtf:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

More Dakka!!!! Yeah I know MMM hehe. Well I could create a missile to do that.

I felt compelled to reveal a back view. Ya remember, this thing can carry medium sized torpedoes and bombs as well as missiles.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Sweet...merciful...crap... beamspam....

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
:wakka:
You referenced my respawning / multiplying Synaptic chain reactions. :lol:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
'Course I did. I hope to see them being used in some campaign/mod some time, after all.

Offline Droid803

I doubt they can be used. They crash the game because it creates an infinite loop.
Unless, of course, you table x different entries of child projectiles incrementing towards a termination point, but that takes up quite a few weapon slots.
(´・ω・`)