Author Topic: Happy Vernal Equinox! 3.6.10 RC1!  (Read 19519 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Happy Vernal Equinox! 3.6.10 RC1!
Here it is, after months years of development and bugfixing, the first 3.6.10 Release Candidate is finally awaiting your approval.  Details are as follows:

FS2_Open/FSO/SCP 3.6.10 RC1 is the equivalent to trunk revision 5114.

Windows builds were using Visual C++ 6.0, compressed as zip for ease of use and distribution - Turey, come on, get the LZMA SDK into your installer already!  :)
Echelon9 provided the OS X builds, which I repackaged into compressed .dmg format
Linux builds were made on OpenGEU 8.10 64bit using the standard build-essential compiler installation - This also included using libopenal.so.1 instead of .0, so a symlink creation may be necessary in case it is reported as missing

Windows builds were compiled to include both Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition support

Don't use Inferno builds unless you're playing Inferno, or TBP, or any other mod with a gargantuan amount of ships

Launchers, if you don't have one already:
Windows:  Launcher 5.5d
OS X:  Soulstorm's OS X Launcher 3.0
Linux:  YAL or here or whatever you can figure out.

Windows
Regular
Inferno

OS X
Regular
Inferno

Linux
Regular
Inferno

This is not a one-stop shop to make your FSO the prettiest it can be!  These are only the FS2_Open executables.  If you're starting from a fresh retail or GOG install,  you probably want the MediaVPs as well, which should be sticked in a post in the Freespace Upgrade Forum.  For a full blown install it all solution, look at Turey's FSO Installer, but there have been reports of corruption with the 3.6.10 MediaVPs, so you might want to get those separately.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:56:26 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Happy Vernal Equinox! 3.6.10 RC1!
Non-comprehensive additions list:

Quote from: karajorma
Here's what I've added since 3.6.9

* Multiplayer for Inferno Builds
    * Support for nesting of when-argument and every-time-argument
    * Added an Assist Score value in FRED so FREDders can give points for assists with capship kills.
    * Add Hide Ship Name to the Ship Flags Editor
    * Allow goal priorities higher than 89 to be assigned in FRED
    * Added the Knock feature from Tom's Old Build, allowing people to tell when someone wants to join a running multiplayer game.
    * Allow wingmen to send messages when under friendly fire
    * Add support for Network SEXP Variables

Added the following SEXPs

* Query Orders
    * Change-player-score
    * Change-team-score
    * Set-persona
    * is-player
    * Change-subsystem-name
    * Num-assists
    * Ship-score
    * Player-deaths
    * Respawns-left
    * Reset-orders

Added the following AI Profile entries (Default values given)

* $Percentage Required For Kill Scale: 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30
    * $Percentage Required For Assist Scale: 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15   
    * $Percentage Awarded For Capship Assist: 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5   
    * $include beams for kills and assists: NO
    * $score kills based on damage caused: NO
    * $score assists based on damage caused: NO
    * $allow event and goal scoring in multiplayer: NO

And a hell of a lot of bug fixes.

Quote from: wanderer
My feature additions to trunk

Added following table options

* ai_profiles.tbl
      $prevent turrets targeting too distant bombs: NO
      $smart subsystem targeting for turrets: NO
    * ships.tbl
      +noreplace option to optionally preserve flags when parsing tbms
    * weapons.tbl
      +override option to optionally override the flags when parsing tbms
    * muzzleflash.tbl
      +override option to optionally erase the existing 'blobs' from a muzzleflash instead of appending the list

Other...

* Allowed multiple beams to use multiple firepoints in a turret
    * added startMission lua function

Quote from: chief1983
I've added the ability to disable the requirement that fighters be equipped with primaries and/or secondaries in multiplayer matches through ai_profiles flags, worked to add the 3dshockwave flag to help satisfy as many MediaVP users as possible, in a manner that didn't break any release mods, and worked to push through several other bug fixes.

In addition, the rest of the SCP team has added many more features, although were so far unable to comment on a comprehensive list, and documentation should be coming along in the Wiki shortly for any currently undocumented additions.  Some other notable achievements in the last year include the return of the PXO-style lobby, newer FS2NetD server and client code (dubbed FS2NetD 2.5 currently), the OpenGL Shader Library implementation allowing for shader-based graphics as opposed to the fixed rendering pipeline we were previously limited to, and many other bug fixes from every coder.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Ohh yeah, good times!
* Androgeos Exeunt gets both for Mac OS X.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Thanks every one , it seems to have been a long road but there is light at the end of the tunnel , downloads and bug tests the multiplayer stuff.....

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Windows builds were compiled to include both Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition support

WHEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!  :D
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Narvi

Nice.

Do these builds support the Radar Icons?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

WHEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!  :D

Finally......

I almost forgot what it was like not to have to speed-read in the middle of a dogfight

Valuable Skill though. Valuable Skill.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Nice.

Do these builds support the Radar Icons?
no
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
 :rolleyes:

Back on topic please,

Thank you very much SCP guys!  :yes: I can now enjoy Alcibiades' Gamble (sp?  :nervous: ) with Microsoft Anna as my copilot!

*EDIT*Surely this deserves a sticky, if not an announcement! */EDIT*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:55:11 pm by Wobble73 »
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Was working on that right now.  Check announcements in about 5.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
that weapons models bug i reported is still in here.

*updates mantis*
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline eliex

Oh yeah, just made my day!  :D

I'm just curious, when the final 3.6.10 is released, what happens to the Nightly Builds?

EDIT - Just read the Nightly builds disabled thread.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I've been playing with the nightlies as they've been released, including the RC. This is as good a place as any to mention of the things I've noticed:

- Several instances where missiles appear to do no damage after striking a target. This is most commonly seen when firing upon an approaching fighter; the missiles do not veer off and strike countermeasures, but seemingly explode against the fighter without harming it. At first I thought the blast might be absorbed by the shield, but hitting the shielded target with the same payload from a different angle--say, from behind it--will not only penetrate the shield, but also destroy the target. Is there any particular cause for this behavior?

- The squadron indicator sometimes incorrectly lists the status of your wingmen, displaying them as present even if they have departed or been destroyed. This often happens in missions in which you have large numbers of wingmen, such as Chasing Shadows and Secrets Reborn; I'm not certain, but I think this dates back to retail, as I seem to recall it happening a lot in Love the Treason.

- Destroying an enemy fighter's weapons subsystem has no effect. They can still fire. Boooo.  :p

- This may be more of a FREDing issue, but I'll mention it here anyway since I'm not sure. Several missions in ST: R end with your wingmen automatically departing without orders from you; when this happens, support ships will also leave... even if they're docked with you at the time. I assume that there's a SEXP for this, but it probably shouldn't affect support craft in addition to fighters and bombers.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
- This may be more of a FREDing issue, but I'll mention it here anyway since I'm not sure. Several missions in ST: R end with your wingmen automatically departing without orders from you; when this happens, support ships will also leave... even if they're docked with you at the time. I assume that there's a SEXP for this, but it probably shouldn't affect support craft in addition to fighters and bombers.

That's a sexp/FRED-er thing.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's more than likely there is a SEXP-equivalent of "Everyone GTFO NOW".  That may not be what should have been used though.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
bugs, the reason this is a release candidate, and not a release.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually with over 100 open bugs in Mantis it's very unlikely that we'll fix all the bugs in 3.6.10. What's important is checking that we haven't opened any new ones fixing the old ones.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
- This may be more of a FREDing issue, but I'll mention it here anyway since I'm not sure. Several missions in ST: R end with your wingmen automatically departing without orders from you; when this happens, support ships will also leave... even if they're docked with you at the time. I assume that there's a SEXP for this, but it probably shouldn't affect support craft in addition to fighters and bombers
Even if certain wingmen are ordered to depart, the support ship usually isn't (and can't be, without using a FSO-only sexp hack).  Would it be possible for you to get a video capture of this?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
none the less this build breaks nukemod because of the recently introduced primary weapon models bugs. i can understand the need to bring the mod bugfixes up to the current build, and im doing that (and will hopefully add a lot of content in the process). but when a feature that worked before is broke its kinda hard to make the mod work. also the chaotic nature of the bug could possibly indicate a severe problem within the engine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:24:38 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
- This may be more of a FREDing issue, but I'll mention it here anyway since I'm not sure. Several missions in ST: R end with your wingmen automatically departing without orders from you; when this happens, support ships will also leave... even if they're docked with you at the time. I assume that there's a SEXP for this, but it probably shouldn't affect support craft in addition to fighters and bombers
Even if certain wingmen are ordered to depart, the support ship usually isn't (and can't be, without using a FSO-only sexp hack).  Would it be possible for you to get a video capture of this?

I'm afraid I don't have any video capture software (let alone a place to upload any video), but I just tested this in Chasing Shadows. I misspoke earlier; the support craft doesn't depart when your wingmen are given the order to leave, but it will abort a resupply in progress if it is currently docked with you.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.