Author Topic: Happy Vernal Equinox! 3.6.10 RC1!  (Read 19460 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Happy Vernal Equinox! 3.6.10 RC1!
I'm afraid I don't have any video capture software (let alone a place to upload any video), but I just tested this in Chasing Shadows. I misspoke earlier; the support craft doesn't depart when your wingmen are given the order to leave, but it will abort a resupply in progress if it is currently docked with you.
Interesting; this makes a lot more sense.  Can you Mantis this?

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I don't have an account. I'm not a good tester.  :p

EDIT: Whee! Did some more testing and determined that the departure order causes the resupply to abort whether the ship is docked with you or not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:37:45 am by Antares »
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's a little strange. But I've got an idea what could be causing that.

EDIT: Let me get this straight. If the supply ship is ordered to depart it undocks and instantly departs? Or are we talking about something else?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:06:31 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Do these builds support the Radar Icons?
no

:( But... but the radar icons TBM breaks non-Wanderer builds. Can't you just parse and ignore that line so we don't have to move it?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:( But... but the radar icons TBM breaks non-Wanderer builds. Can't you just parse and ignore that line so we don't have to move it?
Indeed.  There's a Mantis issue for this very bug.  Start pestering me about it. :p

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
* chief1983 commences pestering Goober about that bug he made me report for him
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i put up a link to a mini mod that shows the bug (0001899) i reported, so im gona jump on the pester the coders to fix my bug bandwagon here.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I definitely think it's one that should be fixed before release but I might have to make a RC2 that doesn't have the fix in it, to get some other bugfixes tested (and I would just make the 32bit Linux builds then).
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Antares

EDIT: Let me get this straight. If the supply ship is ordered to depart it undocks and instantly departs? Or are we talking about something else?

In missions where the 'all-wingmen-GTFO' SEXP is used, a supply ship will abort a resupply order in progress--whether it is docked with a ship or on its way to do so--and return to an 'idle' state.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

In missions where the 'all-wingmen-GTFO' SEXP is used, a supply ship will abort a resupply order in progress--whether it is docked with a ship or on its way to do so--and return to an 'idle' state.

There's actually a sexp for that?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
It makes sense--you don't want your wingmen to warp out and carry your support ship away with it. I don't see that as a bug at all, rather a failsafe.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Antares

Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something.

When you destroy "cloaked" ships, even if you've previously identified them during a campaign, they don't appear to be counted toward your record of confirmed kills; at the very least, they don't show up as part of your end-of-mission kill tally.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless

Erh... Umh... How about just using mod.ini files? Using separate mod folder to hold radar icon material?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i was thinking about doing something like that for nukemod, scripted content taking an extra folder, but rc1 has most of the scripting capabilities that i needed so thats becoming less of a requirement.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Erh... Umh... How about just using mod.ini files? Using separate mod folder to hold radar icon material?

Because at this point, we already might have to be dealing with the MediaVPs, FSPort, and ST:R mod folders, not to mention a folder with its own mod.ini to load all three of those, plus the one to load just the FSPort and MediaVPs.  Having to have another set of folders to run with the icons is possible but damn it's getting messy, and the game probably shouldn't crash on unrecognized strings anyway, throw a warning in debug sure, but that's it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Thing is, if the tables are borked there's not really any sensible way for the game to continue in most cases. Yeah we might be able to add a message for when end-users have mixed two mods together and made a mess but having the game not crash simply results in more error reports from people who've done that only to get strange errors later on.

So like I said, instead of a crash maybe a more human readable message. But having the game continue is just asking for trouble.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
* chief1983 commences pestering Goober about that bug he made me report for him
You fail at pestering.  This is a public thread and you didn't even mention what the bug was. :p

There's actually a sexp for that?
No.

It makes sense--you don't want your wingmen to warp out and carry your support ship away with it. I don't see that as a bug at all, rather a failsafe.
The thing is, I think what the code is doing is aborting the rearm if the AI ship has a support request in the queue, not if the AI ship is actually docked with it.

When you destroy "cloaked" ships, even if you've previously identified them during a campaign, they don't appear to be counted toward your record of confirmed kills; at the very least, they don't show up as part of your end-of-mission kill tally.
This is by design.  Not sure why.

Thing is, if the tables are borked there's not really any sensible way for the game to continue in most cases.
This is not one of those cases.  This feature should handle it in the exact same way as the command-briefing-scrollbar and apply-loadout-to-wing features: simply not display the radar icons if the graphics aren't there.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The problem isn't the missing graphics, the crash is the unrecognized lines in the table.  And the bug I was talking about is this bug, the crashing with the radar icons present.  I though you knew the reason for the crash was the table entries, not the graphics.  That's why the radar icons can't currently be packaged with the rest of the MediaVPs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, well then the solution would be to parse the lines, but ignore them.  Same as we currently do with the ships.tbl texture replacement.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Okay, well then the solution would be to parse the lines, but ignore them.  Same as we currently do with the ships.tbl texture replacement.

But...

Thing is, if the tables are borked there's not really any sensible way for the game to continue in most cases. Yeah we might be able to add a message for when end-users have mixed two mods together and made a mess but having the game not crash simply results in more error reports from people who've done that only to get strange errors later on.

So like I said, instead of a crash maybe a more human readable message. But having the game continue is just asking for trouble.

This can only be solved by a fight to the death.  Report to Vulcan immediately.  Don't forget your Lirpas.