Author Topic: The next shivan fleet  (Read 14478 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
The next shivan fleet
When/if/will we are attacked by another shivan fleet, what size and tech do you think it would be? Personally, I think the inferno fleet minus gargant and SPD Vishnaak would be alright. I don't particularly like the subspace weapons though.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: The next shivan fleet
Something similar in size and power to the Lucifer fleet, if you chose to view the Lucifer-led fleet as a roving expeditionary exterminator group. (This also happens to be really the only reasonable survivable option.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
An amaritaya flagship with a couple of saths, half a dozen destroyers and cruisers and corvettes would be a cool option, and probably beatable. But I wouldn't say likely.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The Shivans send a wing of Dragon-class fighters. With sheath shielding (like the Lucifer). And guns that shoot black holes at stuff.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Gatling BFReds on Liliths which are as common as Cains. ;7

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Gattling USilvs on bomber sized cruisers with a quadrillion hitpoints.

Offline wistler

A cain... a dragon... a Star Destroyer... a Babylon 5... a Dr. Gregory House MD... and something else.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Kolgena

Zombie Bosch.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
The Gigas.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow, has this thread completely deteriorated or what?

Offline Kolgena

Hey, my post is half serious.

It's likely that Bosch would try to save the rest of humanity with his new allies (given that he's successful with negotiations). He'd show up with a couple Saths and would talk to GTVA about ditching the vasudans and joining shivans.

It'd be the GTI all over again, except they have Saths instead of Hades.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I still think the idea of Bosch returning to the GTVA as some kind of mechanized Shivan hybrid monster thing sounds like something from a particularly retarded anime.

Offline Kolgena

Whoever said he'd be completely mechanized or a monster of any form? It's logical that if Bosch wanted to save humanity, he'd have to come back to the rest of everyone with the shivans at some point in time. As a normal human.

Besides, I said my post was HALF serious. That would be the half without the word "zombie".

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Agree with NGTM-1R. The Lucifer groups are roving offensive elements (maybe activated and drawn by subspace activity.) The kind of fleets seen in Freespace 2 serve a more logistical function in the greater Shivan entity...novagenesis or something like that. Nebulae seem to be nice places for the Shivans.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Nebulae seem to be nice places for the Shivans.
We don't know if the Shivans destroyed the star for specifically that purpose. The nebula may just be a side effect.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Completely true. It's just an aesthetically appealing idea: that the Shivans might draw materials from a resource-rich, high-energy area filled with newborn heavy elements. And the idea of the zero-G-adapted Shivans lurking in the fog of these nebulae feels kind of natural, doesn't it?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, plus the gas minerz0rds

Offline Kolgena

Not to mention that there were swarms of shivans behind the Gamma Draconis Knossos in the nebula.

Offline wistler

Well the Shivans do harvest Nebula Juice, but they may also blow up stars to create new stars.

Whats the chances of the nebula beyond Gamma Draconis being a large molecular cloud? And how are they formed, is known for certain? IS there any chance they are formed from the expelled makeup of stars that have went supernova?

If its possible I think it'd be a nice twist to there role as the "Great Destroyer and Great Preserver". Destroying the old to create the new.