Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 274661 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HM...5 Med Pulse Lasers + 2 AC5 (firepower 40, heat management 1.18)

OR

1 ERLarge Laser + 2 AC5 + 2 Med Pulse Laser + 2 Small Pulse Laser?  (firepower 39, heat management 1.16)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:04:45 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Why not make that pair of SPLs into an MPL for 1 ER LL, 2 AC/5, 3 MPL?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I think I can squeeze all4 Med Pulse in the right an left torso while leaving the ER Large one.

I only need 1 ton (since I have 1 free), so I can drop a single heat sink or a ton of ammo (currently have 4 tons of ammo and a lot of heat sinks)

Offline Aesaar

Why did you pick Endo-Steel and not double heat sinks?  The only reason to ever take single heat sinks is if you don't have the space for doubles (and even then, I've seen maybe one or two builds which benefit more from SHS), which you clearly have if you have 14 slots to spend on Endo-Steel.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:09:54 pm by Aesaar »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
0.1 vs 0.14 heat managment. 1 vs. 2 slots

When I have the tonnage and slots avialable, I think single heat sinks are a better choice.

AS for endo-steel. Endo frees up tonnage and ballistics are heavy.

Curretnly I'm sitting at firepower 42, heat managment 1.1  (3 Med Pulse, 1 Med, 1 ER Large, 2 AC5)

At close range I'm not using the ER large at all, since the DRP/heat ratio fro the med Pulse is far better.
2 Med Pulse = 12 damage for 8 heat in a shorter cycle
1 large = 9 damage and 8 heat.

Offline Aesaar

Except for your engine heat sinks.  The effectiveness of the 10 engine heat sinks is actually doubled. As in with just DHS and your engine, you run as cool as a mech with SHS and 10 sinks mounted in addition to the engine.

The only builds I've seen that do better with SHS are the ones that fill every single crit slot not used on weapons with heat sinks, which you're not doing since you have Endo-Steel equipped.  Gimmick builds, basically.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:59:25 am by Aesaar »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So you're saying I should loose endo and take double- heat sinks?

Hmmm..... dunno if I will have the tonnage for it.

EDIT:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=119&l=8e2531e8e518862212a21a831a42260ddca9b548

Looks like I might
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:10:14 am by TrashMan »

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
So there are HLPers still playing this! Huzzah :D

I finally decided to bother redownloading MWO, tho admittedly all I've managed to acquire at the moment is a questionable Vindicator (-1X, alternating between SLAS/LLAS/AC10 and MPLAS/MG/PPC/AC5 depending on mood, 71kph) and a painfully-slow Trebuchet (-5N, LRM15,LRM10,3ML,BAP,59kph)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Jumped back into the game after a long hiatus. They've revamped everything, it seems. I'm liking most of the changes, though.

For the moment I'm saving up for a Timberwolf (always my favorite 'Mech), but damn are Clan 'Mechs expensive...

I've messed around with Community Warfare some, but it seems like it's made more for pre-made teams, and I haven't found a unit to join yet.

Also, my chosen faction, the Free Rasalhague Republic, just seems to exist to get its ass kicked at the moment. With three Clans and two Successor States constantly invading from all sides, it's seemingly nothing but a series of defeats. I have some friends over in the Free Worlds League... maybe I'll switch over there once my contract's up.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
the Free Rasalhague Republic, just seems to exist to get its ass kicked at the moment. With three Clans and two Successor States constantly invading from all sides,
Sounds about right
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I made a Hard Light unit.  It's the "Hard Light Brigade" tag "HLB".  Gimme a poke here with your in-game and I'll send an invite.

Currently contracted (~7 days) with Rasalhague.

I am currently ins some random unit, thinking of leaving.

House Davion FTW.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
All of you guys can add me. In-game name is "Soronarr"

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Ah, I think I've seen you about from time to time. "Suralin" here, feel free to add me.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

I'm "SolDarkHunter". (My usual gamertag when "Dark Hunter" has already been taken, which is often.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken