Author Topic: Thoth  (Read 16182 times)

Offline peterv

Question: I added a part of the originall texture that's not UVmapped in the retail model where the missile bays are supposed to be.

Do i proceed with this?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:53:28 pm by peterv »

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
And yes, i know that you can see no differences. Neither do i. So here's a prove that i am actually HTLing this.  :lol:

Actually you can, or at least I can.

The gun details are purely extranous, IMO, and you should probably try to match the tail a little closer to the other model...

Also, fighter with a forehead looks weird. Not wrong, mind you, just...weird. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Looks gorgeous. I love the topside greebling, and when combined with DaB's lovely Thoth normal map it should be very impressive indeed. :D

However, I would like to suggest that you try some more things at the back - as that's the main area that makes the second pic nessecary. ;)

The blockyness of that engine bank thing shows up very strongly, as does the relative low detail of the tail fin - and unfortunately those are some of the main features your eye is drawn to on this model. I'd suggest therefore that you smooth the fin out some more (I think making it curvey in a way that matches the curves elsewhere on the hull would be great), make it a bit thinner height wise, and then just.... do something cool with the engine block so you can tell at a glance if it's the high or low detail version.

Well done though. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I like it, and incidentally, I also like the gun detail. Sure, it's tiny detail, but visible enough, and in a part of the model where small detail makes a certain amount of logical sense. Proper shine maps will make it look particularly good.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I love your job, mate :pimp: Absolutely cool. Now only normal map should be put on that sexy beast, good texture and perfect HTL model's done ;) :D
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You never cease to amaze.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
At least those are standards set by Earth Defense member, Snail :D
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I don't suppose you're gonna try to add any cockpit modeling.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline peterv

I don't suppose you're gonna try to add any cockpit modeling.

Hard to resist, why?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
He's just saying that because no one's tried it before, except Aldo. If you want a guide for your Vasudan cockpit to ensure consistency, use this:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.532

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline peterv

Thanks for that, Aldo's perpective is priceless.
Yet we have tried it before with the Uly. The problem was that it was used as an alternative model to the terran cocpit with a map change to switch from terran - to vasudan. The existance of both models created a bug, but every time i added it alone it worked fine.  :)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Thanks for that, Aldo's perpective is priceless.
Yet we have tried it before with the Uly. The problem was that it was used as an alternative model to the terran cocpit with a map change to switch from terran - to vasudan. The existance of both models created a bug, but every time i added it alone it worked fine.  :)

Can I get a copy of the Ulysses with a Vasudan cockpit? I could have some use for this in Twist of Fate, since the Fifth Columnist rebels (the only faction in ToF who use the Ulysses) would have to shore up their ranks with Vasudans when the GTA start killing large numbers of their pilots.

--General Battuta

Offline peterv

check your PM's  :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I urge you to do the Horus as well.. Mebbe add a new shine / glow map  ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline peterv

Avec pleasure.   :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Very nice. Like VA said, though, be sure to make the silhouette curvier. Smoothing out the curve on the tail fin would be a big plus, as well as doing some deeper and more drastic alterations to the engine block. Also, please, upgrade the guns from triangles to octagons at least.

How's the bottom looking?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I urge you to do the Horus as well.. Mebbe add a new shine / glow map  ;7
Horus est fini.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline peterv

bien sur! evidemment! :lol: