Author Topic: NuA-Wing  (Read 20542 times)

And now with assymetrical replaced panels

Incredible.  :yes:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:53:24 am by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
And now that detailing's done, time to start getting her dirty.

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline aRaven

looking good...really good!

We have hijacked this post and demand a $5,570,000 ransom!</p><hr/><p/>Re: NuA-Win'
Did I miss somethin'...Why is everyone talkin' like friggin pirates?
 Shiver me timbers!
Tell me ye did not spend all this 'ere time editin' post per post...  it better be a pirate forum plugin or somethin'...

On Topic:
I love it!  Make sure ye don't make it too dirty, pass the grog!  From what I've seen A-win's are th' only ships wot look good factory fresh.  

Edit: HOLY ****, it IS a pirate plugin!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looking at it is good, but what I'd like to do is to fly this beauty against some Imperial junk (TIEs).
Or pretty much anyone marked red on my IFF.  :)

Really nice. :yes:

There's some SW fiction that mentions that the A-Wing's laser cannons can rotate, even to 180 degrees if I remember correctly. I don't know if FotG will have support for that though; I know LucasArts' games didn't. No big deal if it's not possible to implement that, though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:42:06 pm by lostllama »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you eventually consider some non-canon EU A-Wings, consider this:

http://www.alfredsmind.ca/advawpg.htm

He's definately "retconned" his own work since I've last seen it, but the concept is quite neat. The fin geometry was fromerly much closer to the original A-Wing, and the engines didn't have that ugly exposed turbine. Ditch those hideous sensor probes on the front of the model and you might have a winner.

At the bottom of the page is the "Recon A-Wing," which could make for interesting filler...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Really nice. :yes:

There's some SW fiction that mentions that the A-Wing's laser cannons can rotate, even to 180 degrees if I remember correctly. I don't know if FotG will have support for that though; I know LucasArts' games didn't. No big deal if it's not possible to implement that, though.
If BrandX makes those cannons separate subobjects I can try to implement it, I even have rough concept how, but it will require messing with values a while and most likely will make switching between cycle and linked fire impossible.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We will hopefully have full code support for changing cycling behavior, but something like that would involve a firing point that moves with the subobject, as if it were a turret.  Hasn't been done for player firepoints yet that I know of.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's easy to do if there are only two positions in which guns can fire (backward and forward).
I can do it with animation code, at least if automatic convergence and autoaim won't cause problems with firing backwards.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
What's with the random red panel near the center, rear? That was around the same time as the 'assymetric' replaced panels, so I guess maybe it was part of that ... was it deliberate?

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
What's with the random red panel near the center, rear? That was around the same time as the 'assymetric' replaced panels, so I guess maybe it was part of that ... was it deliberate?
looks like it :nervous:
still looks liek a great job.
but i think the swivel cannons would be a bit much, given the thing already is small (hard to hit) fast, manouverable, boasts sheilds, lasers AND missles, unless its put into a tier of ship like the TIE-OMG :eek2: PWNZORZ's, making online much like BtRL, in a mainly missle fight :doubt:

What's with the random red panel near the center, rear? That was around the same time as the 'asymmetric' replaced panels, so I guess maybe it was part of that ... was it deliberate?
Well, you do have a point; given the rather specific, double curved geometry of that panel, it's not really likely that they had a red one lying around. Maybe make that just another tone of white?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I put it in as it's on the original model. 

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You guys think he actually took a liberty with a movie ship?  What are you on?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
You guys think he actually took a liberty with a movie ship?  What are you on?
crack.
but, y'know, the sexy, dirty y-wing never had that kind of dirt pattern in movies, so when he got into de-sparkling the A-wing, some of us expected to otherwise.
or were on crack.
you can decide for yourself,  but it must 1 of the two.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Well actually, in doing the Y-Wing I based the weathering on several different models, all with different dirt on them, so the actual pattern isn't exact to any single one, but rather simply referred to the bits that I liked from each.  The A-Wing is much different, though, in that I believe there was only one A-Wing model made (or at least all models were near exact copies of eachother,) and so the pattern will be much more recognizable.  The Y-Wing models contradict themselves so much that it's anybody's guess which Y-Wing is what.