Author Topic: TBP Error  (Read 4419 times)

Offline djsf35

I have had TBP for around a year now and have always had a problem with the survivor campaign on the inferno build being a black screen with the HUD showing. Then I had the same problem with the Guardian of light campaign. Once i updated to 3.6.10 and Zatharas there was no black screen but my ship was not there and i couldn't do a thing. Then today i was playing Raider Wars and on the nightmare mission all of alpha wing including me did not load into the game. Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how to fix it. P.S. ever since the update to 3.6.10 every time i start it says there is a command line error then goes into the game.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What error message would that be?
And could you select a debug build (the one with a d after the 3.6.10 part), load the nightmare mission, then post the debug log (fs2_open.log, from data folder in your TBP directory) here?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Sounds like a corrupted pilot file.  If you haven't done so create a new one. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline djsf35

To: The E
I tried the debugger and here is what happened first is the normal messege i get with the update the second third and fourth are error debugger gets and it didn't even load
1unrecogzined command line parameter -jpgtga, continue
2Warning: Bad ship type name in objecttypes.tbl

3Used ship type is redirected to another ship type.
Replace "sentrygun" with "sentry gun"
in objecttypes.tbl to fix this.

File: Ship.cpp
Line: 5022

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_shiptype_tbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()
Warning: An ai profile named 'FS2 RETAIL' already exists!  The new one will not be created.

File: ai_profiles.cpp
Line: 199

Call stack:
    ai_profiles_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()
Warning: Bad ship type name in objecttypes.tbl

4 Used ship type is redirected to another ship type.
Replace "escapepod" with "escape pod"
in objecttypes.tbl to fix this.

File: Ship.cpp
Line: 5022

Call stack:
    parse_shiptype_tbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

I clicked yes to try to the break into debugger option the just crashed so i clicked no the second time and those error messages are the one i got clicking and i stopped the third time
I also have tried the new account thing it doesn't work

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
If you are getting those errors then you do not have Zathras selected as your mod in the launcher. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline djsf35

I had zathras loaded earlier but it went back to the christmas package mod i'll try it again later today

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Most of the Xmas package is included in Zathras.

Offline djsf35

I had two errors happen if clicked yes it crashed if i clicked the second error caused me to crash and i didn't even get to a mission
1 This happens when debugger loads
Warning: Starfield bitmap 'xparent' already listed as a xparentxparent bitmap!!  Only using the xparent version!
File: StarField.cpp
Line: 1126

Call stack:
    parse_modular_table()    stars_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()
2 This happens when mission loads
Warning: Ship  is not a support ship!
File: SEXP.CPP
Line: 14338

Call stack:
    eval_sexp()    eval_when()    eval_sexp()    mission_process_event()    mission_eval_goals()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Run the 3.6.10 inferno debug build and attach the fs2_open.log from the data directory.

Offline djsf35

Those errors were the debugger and here is the log

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Strange this could actually be a bug but if it is why hasn't anyone else run into it.  I'll have to look into this a bit more. 

Offline djsf35

Thanks fubar

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK there is a code bug but if you play the regular build it will allow you to get by it.  Even in the debug build I just hit continue and played on.

Offline djsf35

ok thats great but what gaurdian of light thats an inf only

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
No I mean the non-debug inferno build.  That error only shows up in debug.  So now that Zathras is loading correctly you should be able to play it. 

Offline djsf35

I was playing the non debug inf build before i asked for help here are some pics
A and B are from raider war both in and out of the cockpit
1 and 2 are from GOL both in and out of the cockpit
as you can see alpha isn't loading

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well your original problem was Zathras not loading which gave you the Warning: Bad ship type name in objecttypes.tbl stuff.  Since that is no longer an issue then something else is now going wrong. 

Just for the heck of it create a new pilot, select RW as the campaign, go into tech data and select mission simulator.  Now you won't see any missions listed so press ctrl-shift-s.  All the missions in the campaign should be visible.  Select mission 8 and see if you have the same problem with alpha wing.

If you don't get the same problem try with your original pilot.  If you do then it's something with that pilot. 

Offline djsf35

Fubar thanks i created the new account and rw and gol both worked it is strange it didn't with my older accounts

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Pilot files tend to get corrupted from time to time especially when you have a crash or switch between mods. 

Offline djsf35

okay that makes sense
Is there a way to bring my achievements to the new account along with the control config for new accounts?