Author Topic: 1999 Graphics in STR  (Read 4226 times)

1999 Graphics in STR
Yea, so I got a new computer in June and am now reacquiring Freespace. I downloaded Hip's SCP installer off the main site, most everything is working smooth. FSPort is looking as beautiful as ever but...

STR isn't looking so hot. Looks decidedly vanilla to me. Not really sure what's up with it but... erm, it doesn't look like FSPort at all.

It's not just my imagination is it? It's like the mediavps aren't working with STR at all.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The ST:R mediavps aren't done yet.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The ST:R mediavps aren't done yet.

Here's the issue: Silent Threat Reborn and the FSPort Media VPs are their own mods. You need to enable them both simultaneously.

So here's what you do.  Select "No Mod" in the mod section, and then add this as a custom command line option:

Code: [Select]
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Ah, THAT did it! Thank you, got pretty STR now :-).

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Equivalently, stick this in your fsport-str mod.ini file:

Code: [Select]
[multimod]
primarylist = fsport-mediavps;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I had a stranger problem still (though it's been fixed for a while): It was necessary for me to install the high-res interface art to get everything working properly with ST:R... why was this the case? I just can't say...

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Installing the high-res interface art is necessary if you're playing in high-res. If the game can't find the art it's looking for, you run into problems. Just as if the game was looking for anything else and couldn't find it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Since I have the same problem (game can't launch, ask me for some Interface art), how do I download said Interface arts ?)

I used Turey Installer, the new Media VP are there, so I don't know where to find the interface arts.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:48:15 am by Narwhal »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
High-res interface art is in the release thread. It requires the high-res art from the base FS2 install too, of course.

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
OK. I download them again, but note that in the launcher the "hi res pack (sparky_hi_fs2.vp) installed" box is checked (but greyed). And I found said sparky_hi_fs2.vp. Is that a different file ?

Plus, I used the Turey Installer (new non-Turey release), so maybe there is a problem with it on that.

As a side note, saying how to have a mediavp ST:R campaign in the readme doc could be useful (even though I figured out due to forum research).

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
OK, it's working.

Thank you a lot.

I believe Turey Installer should install it as well.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft