Author Topic: Any sadists here...  (Read 8292 times)

Who play FS1 or FS2 on the hardest difficulty?  The best I've done is on hard but hardest is freaking nuts.

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
You surely mean masochists? And yes, lots of 'em here. I think that even MOST of them play Insane.

BTW, any purpose of this topic?
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, not really. I usually play on medium. Except in Multiplayer. Hard or Insane are standard there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I generally play on medium, anything else requires my joystick in fully operational condition, of which it is not. I'd say most of the people around here play on medium, with the older hands and squad war guys insane-ing it up.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
When i feel my arse hanfded to moe on medium or higher (not insane) i do ramp it up to the highest diofficulty. After five or six deaths i put he difficulty down again and it does feel easier again, by comparison :yes: I normally manage to finish whatever mission was giving me troubles that way. Especially forced entry...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hard is what I default to most of the time, medium if I cba to put full effort in, and insane if I want to test myself/the AI :P
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Iranon

Sadists would play on easy, disable the opposition and blow them up with a Helios.

Insane is too much for me, Hard feels about right. Some campaigns seem to be balanced for medium though... depending on the capital ships involved, some missions might be unplayable on anything harder.

Well, I like insane, but most custom campaigns are unfortunately unplayable on insane.
So most of the time I stick to medium when I play custom campaigns, but insane while playing the main campaign.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Every now and then I give insane a shot but I can never defeat the 3rd mission of FS2 retail campaign... then I just go back to medium and stay there cuddling myself till I fall asleep in my tear soaked bed  :(
el hombre vicio...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I hate the third mission.  You can't kill the Lokis without getting roasted by AAAf beams. :mad:

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I tend to ignore the harder settings in single player to enjoy the story. In Multi player though it's only worth it to do it at harder settings.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I hate the third mission.  You can't kill the Lokis without getting roasted by AAAf beams. :mad:

ding ding ding ding ding!

so you died too? man I'm not alone in the suckyness corner!
el hombre vicio...

Uhm.
Guys.
Rockeyes have about a 1.9k range.
Beams have about a 1.5k range.

Beams die to about 7 rockeyes.

>.>
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Myrms mount a total of 10 rockeyes for that mission, and you have to destroy all the Lokis before the cruisers get to the node.  One of those cruisers is a Leviathan with FOUR AAAf beams on it.  We're talking 42 Rockeyes BEFORE you start targeting fighters.  That mission doesn't end well for me above Medium difficulty.

You don't need to disarm them all, just two, and you can do that by spamming the rockeyes just as a support ship docks with you (which you called prior to their arrival because you know both their spawn point and the time it takes for them to arrive), you also can at this point order the AI to attack a singular fighter if you're lazy or micro them out onto multiple opponents whilst you continue to take out a second and potentially a 3rd beam before you have to move (depending on how truly fast and organised you are), that means you've taken out the nearside fenris beam, and the two nearside leviathan beams.
Problem solved.

The /other/ trick is to gib the lokis with your wing mates faster than the beams can kill you all (whilst still having nailed the fenris beam I find this way easiest)

Offline IronForge

• You Most Make Estimate!
  • Banned for failing to make a campaign in one month
Once I chanced upon a disabled shivian dragon. And I was in a bomber. Shivian had slow and terrible death watching the approaching bomb the size of his own ship.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Once I chanced upon a disabled shivian dragon. And I was in a bomber. Shivian had slow and terrible death watching the approaching bomb the size of his own ship.

LOL poor little shivan.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
FUBAR likes hosting on Insane. I think Galemp hosts on Hard.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I prefer to host on insane but got a lot of complaints when I got back so I mostly host on hard now  :beamz:

Offline Kolgena

Well, because you get to respawn in multiplayer, isn't it only fun if it's on insane? If you only got one respawn, then maybe Hard would cut it for making the game decently challenging.

And I try to play on insane for all missions. Usually works okay until things like Bearbaiting come up. (Mind you, I don't care about dying a ton per mission)