Author Topic: My ships seem to still use the older models...  (Read 7666 times)

My ships seem to still use the older models...
I've finished the first two missions so far and everything is using the newer models except the ships. The Orff has the improved models but the Appollo, Anubis and the Seth aren't. Any reason why this is happening?

Also, why won't cheats work anymore? www.volition-inc.com doesn't work :(

Last thing, why are the missles so damn slow? I've seen Scorpions outrun Interceptors and Hornet missles. They didn't seem so slow when I played this game 6 years ago.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: My ships seem to still use the older models...
You need to download the FreeSpace Port Media VPs, which are a seperate package. See the Release Thread for downloads and instructions.

The FS1 cheats don't work, but the FS2 cheats do (since this is on the FS2 engine.) Try typing www.freespace2.com and all your cheats will be active.

Finally, as far as missiles go, every ship and weapon in the game has the exact same statistics as their FS1 counterparts, and the FS Open team has done their best to emulate FS1's behaviour wherever possible. If something seems a little off, it's probably been noted and addressed.

Thanks for playing!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

When I was installing FS2Open yesterday, the part where is says If using the FSPort Media VPs, unzip them to a new 'fsport-mediavps' directory in your FreeSpace2 folder. Be sure that you have the 3.6.10 MVPs installed in 'mediavps' and you're using a 3.6.10 build. If you're playing a mod that uses FSPort, add 'fsport-mediavps' to the mod.ini just before 'fsport' in the SecondaryMod line. really confused the hell out of me so I did just that. I have the FSPort Media VPs in a folder called fsport-mediavps.

As far as I know (and I may be wrong):

- The Apollo, Anubis and Seth are still low poly (or I have the same problem you do).
- Cheats do work. You have to use the freespace 2 ones (google them, they're everywhere).
- Strange. I have noted the missiles are now better. I guess it depends on the speed you fire them at. I usually fire them at top speed, or using afterburners.

Even if I do fire them when using full afterburner, the selected ship I'm targetting always outruns the missile. Only bombers ever seem to get hit. This was even before I installed FS2Open and played vanilla Freespace. Maybe its because I play with the difficulty on medium now instead of the easy/very easy I used to play on so long ago?

Offline Qent

- The Apollo, Anubis and Seth are still low poly (or I have the same problem you do).
The FSPort MediaVPs have a hi-poly Apollo, but not the Seth or the Anubis.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Qent

You put FSPort and the FSPort MediaVPs in the same directory. I'm not sure exactly what the effect is, but everything I've seen assumes that FSPort and its MediaVPs are in separate directories.

EDIT: Which also looks fishy since you said
I have the FSPort Media VPs in a folder called fsport-mediavps.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The HTL Apollo leaves much to be desired... but it's exponentially better than the base model. The forward canopy pillar is gone as the Apollo in the opening FS1 cutscene has no such pillar, either. The Seth definately is NOT HTL, but, it still looks decent. The Anubis... I thought was improved from the original model. I could be wrong.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

You put FSPort and the FSPort MediaVPs in the same directory. I'm not sure exactly what the effect is, but everything I've seen assumes that FSPort and its MediaVPs are in separate directories.

EDIT: Which also looks fishy since you said
I have the FSPort Media VPs in a folder called fsport-mediavps.

Yes, I know. I placed the VP file in the other one to try to see if it works. It didn't...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
There are many ways to get this working.

One is to have the following directories:

..\FreeSpace2\mediavps\
..\FreeSpace2\fsport\
..\FreeSpace2\fsport-mediavps\
..\FreeSpace2\fsport-str\
(optional but recommended, contains awesome)

and then use mod.ini files to make a proper -mod command line string or (as I prefer it) manually edit the -mod command line on the Custom Flags on Features tab of Launcher as follows:

For FreeSpace2:
-mod mediavps

For pretty much any FS2 mod:

-mod ANYMOD,mediavps

For FreeSpace Port:
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps

For Silent Threat: Reborn;
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps

For pretty much any FSPort mod:

-mod ANYMOD,fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps  or alternatively -mod fsport-mediavps,ANYMOD,fsport,mediavps depending on whether you wont ANYMOD content to override fsport-mediavps or vice versa.

It's convoluted, but this is the way it goes.

NOTE: Don't attempt the following unless you know what you're doing and really think that it's worth it. It's mostly just an example about how versatile the mod system is...

Another, slightly more advanced option, would be to use nested directories for FreeSpace Port mods and mediavps:

..\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport-mediavps\
..\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport-str\
..\FreeSpace2\fsport\CardinalSpear\

...etc.

This has the advantage of keeping all the Port related mods and materials within the fsport directory; nested mod directories can be used with the -mod command line just like normal, single-part names. The disadvantage is that all installation guides expect you to extract each mod directory directly into FS2 root, and mod.ini files are written with this assumption in mind; making this work requires a bit of work and research on your part on how the -mod command line works, and then either deleting the mod.ini files in the mod directores OR editing them to reflect the changes you make.

It also doesn't work on all platforms since Microsoft insists on using \ as directory separator while Unix based operating systems use /, so the mod command line would be different for other operating systems. In the end, this doesn't exactly make things any easier and is only worth it (maybe) if you have, like, a ton of Port mods and they keep getting in the way in your FreeSpace2 directory.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:18:53 pm by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline -Norbert-

The easier way would be to name the folders as Herra Tohtori posted and then select fsport-mediavps as mod in the Launcher.

Make sure that the mv-fsport.vp is in the fsport-mediavps folder and all the other vps are in the fsport folder.

If it still doesn't work, try checking the [multimod]-section of the mod.ini in the fsport-mediavp folder.
The folder names you use must be exactly the same as the ones in the mod.ini and don't use any whitespaces between two references or only the first one will be used.

Here's how a mod.ini for the folders posted by Herra Tohtori should look like (or at least how mine looks, and it works fine for me):
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
modname      = FSPort MediaVPs v3.1.1;
image255x112 = fsport-mediavps.bmp;
infotext     = Freespace Port Media VPs.  Requires FSPort 3.1.1 and standard Media VPs 3.6.10.;
website      = http://fsport.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,170.0.html;

[multimod]
primarylist = ;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

I guess its working now but I'm not 100% sure since Valks also don't seem to be high poly. I'm on Pandora's Box right now and clicking the Shivan cargo boxes shows them low poly. Are they supposed to be like that?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Could you select a debug build in the Launcher (fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe), run it, and then post the fs2_open.log from your data folder here?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Here ya go. A bit long, heh.

==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.10
Passed cmdline options:
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -normal
  -3dshockwave
  -targetinfo
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\fsport3_1_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1d2c40f2
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\FS1OGGcutscenepack.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b9172f7
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x52bf7295
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport3_1_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1d2c40f2
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xdc8abbde
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x367ba125
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xf74f0afe
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x98f0f4cd
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x49c6c98d
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0xd06bf123
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0xc9e372bb
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Core.vp' with a checksum of 0x0dc7bb8f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xa3141c30
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0x4dbbbe96
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\' ... 89 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\fsport3_1_1.vp' ... 739 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\' ... 16 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\FS1OGGcutscenepack.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' ... 139 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport3_1_1.vp' ... 739 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\mv_fsport.vp' ... 277 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' ... 1172 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' ... 1497 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' ... 69 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\' ... 1 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 2868 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1810 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Core.vp' ... 146 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1046 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\' ... 18 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root 'f:\' ... 0 files
Found 28 roots and 17773 files.
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_strings-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  Using 'Generic Software' as OpenAL sound device...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1680x1050 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor     : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer   : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
  OpenGL Version    : 2.1.8870

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling shader ->  null-v.sdr / null-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  b-v.sdr / b-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  b-v.sdr / bg-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lb-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lbg-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lbgs-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lbs-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  le-v.sdr / lbgse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  le-v.sdr / lbse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lbgn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lbgsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lbn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lbsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lne-v.sdr / lbgsne-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lne-v.sdr / lbsne-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lf-v.sdr / lfb-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lf-v.sdr / lfbg-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lf-v.sdr / lfbgs-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lf-v.sdr / lfbs-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfe-v.sdr / lfbgse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfe-v.sdr / lfbse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfn-v.sdr / lfbgn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfn-v.sdr / lfbgsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfn-v.sdr / lfbn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfn-v.sdr / lfbsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfne-v.sdr / lfbgsne-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lfne-v.sdr / lfbsne-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / null-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lg-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / lgs-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  l-v.sdr / ls-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  le-v.sdr / lgse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  le-v.sdr / lse-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lgn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lgsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / ln-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  ln-v.sdr / lsn-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lne-v.sdr / lgsne-f.sdr ...
  Compiling shader ->  lne-v.sdr / lsne-f.sdr ...

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  Using GLSL for model rendering.
  Shader Version: 1.40
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 705 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 40 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'velindc-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'flak-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-sdf.tbm' ...
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
Windoze reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_advmuzzle-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 64 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 44 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 47 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 48 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 60 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Gmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (PWmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Bmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Avenger_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Leech_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_missiles-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dragon-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_density-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-turretangles-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-resetmodels-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-abtrails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_escort-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-reticle-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
Ships.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
Weapons.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
cfile_init() took 1406
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
ANI cursor.ani with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'GTA.pcx'
ANI 2_main2-m1.ani with size 171x192 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-m2.ani with size 275x184 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-m3.ani with size 264x141 (44.9% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d1.ani with size 208x98 (23.4% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d6.ani with size 112x99 (22.7% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d3.ani with size 347x329 (35.7% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d4.ani with size 104x101 (21.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d5.ani with size 176x115 (10.2% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d2.ani with size 211x195 (23.8% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_NEW_CAMPAIGN (26) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Got event GS_EVENT_START_GAME (1) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
=================== STARTING LEVEL LOAD ==================
Reassigning player to squadron Galactic Terran Alliance
ANI 2_Loading.ani with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
Starting model page in...
Beginning level bitmap paging...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particleexp01.eff) with 10 frames at 8 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke01.eff) with 88 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke02.eff) with 39 frames at 24 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_fireball-fbl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-fbl.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap01.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap02.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (rock_exp.eff) with 55 frames at 30 fps.
Loading warp model
Loading model 'warp.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'warp.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xbf802ad0, IBX checksum: 0x3888b26c -- "warp.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit01a.eff) with 23 frames at 21 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit02a.eff) with 45 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit03a.eff) with 22 frames at 30 fps.
SHOCKWAVE =>  Loading default shockwave model...
Loading model 'shockwave.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'shockwave.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xd8be5fd9, IBX checksum: 0x208fb934 -- "shockwave.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shockwave3d-glow.eff) with 159 frames at 24 fps.
Model shockwave.pof has a null moment of inertia!  (This is only a problem if the model is a ship.)
SHOCKWAVE =>  Default model load: SUCCEEDED!!
MISSION LOAD: 'sm1-07a.fs2'
Hmmm... Extension passed to mission_load...
Reassigning player to squadron Galactic Terran Alliance
Starting mission message count : 177
Ending mission message count : 192
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
Loading model 'fighter05.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'fighter05.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x805852cc, IBX checksum: 0x812d90d3 -- "fighter05.pof"
Loading model 'cargo06.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'cargo06.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x2ca9e578, IBX checksum: 0xec5db953 -- "cargo06.pof"
Allocating space for at least 0 new ship subsystems ...  a total of 200 is now available (0 in-use).
Loading model 'cargo05.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'cargo05.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xc12d8b7b, IBX checksum: 0x8af13598 -- "cargo05.pof"
Loading model 'GunPlatform03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'GunPlatform03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xca4b34ef, IBX checksum: 0xefb49cb0 -- "GunPlatform03.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (gunplatform03-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 25 fps.
Loading model 'fighter12.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'fighter12.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x91f37ea6, IBX checksum: 0xfdb23968 -- "fighter12.pof"
Loading model 'fighter11.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'fighter11.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x4809458e, IBX checksum: 0xe92e2c8b -- "fighter11.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (fighter11-01-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 25 fps.
Loading model 'cruiser03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'cruiser03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xd227e3e6, IBX checksum: 0xa9c02286 -- "cruiser03.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (cruiser03-03-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (cruiser03-01-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 15 fps.
Loading model 'fighter03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'fighter03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x768a39f6, IBX checksum: 0xfc4611c3 -- "fighter03.pof"
OpenGL: Created 512x512 FBO!
ANI 2_lock1_fs1 with size 46x46 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin_fs1 with size 51x51 (20.3% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1_fs1 with size 40x40 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2_fs1 with size 85x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI toggle1 with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1 with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc1_fs1 with size 250x59 (7.8% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2_fs1 with size 31x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3_fs1 with size 31x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc_fs1 with size 78x136 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1_fs1 with size 78x139 (45.7% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc4_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc5_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc6_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1_fs1 with size 38x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targhit1 with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI energy1 with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI targetview1 with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2 with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3 with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI damage1 with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI support1 with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI objective1 with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI wingman1 with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2 with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3 with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI netlag1 with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI head1 with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI time1 with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
Loading model 'starfield.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'starfield.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x07d8680d, IBX checksum: 0x3d22d0e6 -- "starfield.pof"
Model starfield.pof has a null moment of inertia!  (This is only a problem if the model is a ship.)
ANI debris01 with size 51x38 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris02 with size 26x19 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris04 with size 36x27 (15.6% wasted)
=================== STARTING LEVEL DATA LOAD ==================
About to page in ships!
ANI shield-f05 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
Loading model 'support01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'support01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xa84ed470, IBX checksum: 0xc0206ea2 -- "support01.pof"
Loading model 'support02.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'support02.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xc69a526d, IBX checksum: 0xaa5da61d -- "support02.pof"
ANI shield-f03 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f11 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f12 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Alouqua_AniBitmap.eff) with 6 frames at 20 fps.
Loading model 'MX-50.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'MX-50.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x8d6824ab, IBX checksum: 0x3141c987 -- "MX-50.pof"
DDS ERROR: Couldn't open 'wep-mx50-shine.dds' -- DDS was in an unsupported/unknown format
Loading model 'Fury.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'Fury.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x25f7565c, IBX checksum: 0xe424fc12 -- "Fury.pof"
DDS ERROR: Couldn't open 'wep-fury-shine.dds' -- DDS was in an unsupported/unknown format
Loading model 'S_Rockeye.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'S_Rockeye.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xa2927569, IBX checksum: 0xcd80e6f0 -- "S_Rockeye.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (smissile1-glow.eff) with 20 frames at 20 fps.
Loading model 'cmeasure01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'cmeasure01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x39d1d2bf, IBX checksum: 0xd1df4d73 -- "cmeasure01.pof"
Loading model 'S_Harpoon.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'S_Harpoon.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xfbbc719d, IBX checksum: 0xdad1917b -- "S_Harpoon.pof"
Loading model 'debris01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'debris01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x974f214b, IBX checksum: 0xe8d505d5 -- "debris01.pof"
Loading model 'debris02.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'debris02.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x8e0eed50, IBX checksum: 0xba3da9aa -- "debris02.pof"
Paging in mission messages
Stopping model page in...
ANI 2_radar1.ani with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1_fs1.ani with size 46x46 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1_fs1.ani with size 40x40 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2_fs1.ani with size 85x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI toggle1.ani with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1.ani with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc1_fs1.ani with size 250x59 (7.8% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2_fs1.ani with size 31x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3_fs1.ani with size 31x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc_fs1.ani with size 78x136 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1_fs1.ani with size 78x139 (45.7% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc4_fs1.ani with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc5_fs1.ani with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc6_fs1.ani with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1_fs1.ani with size 38x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targhit1.ani with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI energy1.ani with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI targetview1.ani with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2.ani with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3.ani with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI damage1.ani with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI support1.ani with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI objective1.ani with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI wingman1.ani with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2.ani with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3.ani with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI netlag1.ani with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI head1.ani with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI time1.ani with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
ANI debris01.ani with size 51x38 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris02.ani with size 26x19 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris04.ani with size 36x27 (15.6% wasted)
ANI shield-f05.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f03.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f11.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f12.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
User bitmap 'TMP824x43+16'
User bitmap 'TMP256x256+8'
User bitmap 'TMP256x256+8'
User bitmap 'TMP128x128+8'
Bmpman: 1646/4750 bitmap slots in use.
Ending level bitmap paging...
=================== ENDING LOAD ================
Real count = 227,  Estimated count = 425
================================================
Received post for event GS_EVENT_START_BRIEFING during state transtition. Find Allender if you are unsure if this is bad.
Got event GS_EVENT_START_BRIEFING (15) in state GS_STATE_START_GAME (52)
ANI 2_BriefMap with size 918x400 (21.9% wasted)
ANI iconwing01 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
Loading model 'fighter04.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'fighter04.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x5ce5f357, IBX checksum: 0x7d8600fd -- "fighter04.pof"
ANI 2_ssfighter04.ani with size 560x368 (28.1% wasted)
SHIP ANI: Found hires version of 2_ssfighter04.ani
ANI icon_ml16 with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_disruptor with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
Loading model 'MX-50_tech.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'MX-50_tech.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x01c19590, IBX checksum: 0xc70784b9 -- "MX-50_tech.pof"
DDS ERROR: Couldn't open 'wep-mx50-shine.dds' -- DDS was in an unsupported/unknown format
Loading model 'Fury_tech.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'Fury_tech.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xc3835ee5, IBX checksum: 0xfd7948ad -- "Fury_tech.pof"
DDS ERROR: Couldn't open 'wep-fury-shine.dds' -- DDS was in an unsupported/unknown format
ANI 2_ml16.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_disruptor.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI iconnode with size 90x90 (29.7% wasted)
ANI Fadeiconnode with size 90x90 (29.7% wasted)
ANI Fadeiconnode.ani with size 90x90 (29.7% wasted)
ANI icons-cargoW with size 43x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI Fadeicons-CargoW with size 43x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI Fadeicons-CargoW.ani with size 43x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI iconS-gun with size 11x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI fadeiconS-gun with size 11x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI fadeiconS-gun.ani with size 11x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI iconhighlight04 with size 148x148 (42.2% wasted)
ANI iconhighlight04.ani with size 148x148 (42.2% wasted)
ANI iconhighlight02 with size 164x164 (35.9% wasted)
ANI iconhighlight02.ani with size 164x164 (35.9% wasted)
ANI icont-fightW with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
ANI FadeiconT-FighterW with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
ANI FadeiconT-FighterW.ani with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
ANI icont-freighterw with size 139x57 (10.9% wasted)
ANI Fadeicont-FreighterW with size 139x57 (10.9% wasted)
ANI Fadeicont-FreighterW.ani with size 139x57 (10.9% wasted)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 10.508 (10.508)
ANI iconnode.ani with size 90x90 (29.7% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_SHIP_SELECTION (13) in state GS_STATE_BRIEFING (10)
Got event GS_EVENT_WEAPON_SELECTION (21) in state GS_STATE_SHIP_SELECT (11)
ANI icon_ml16.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_disruptor.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_WEAPON_SELECT (16)
Entering game at time =  20.626
ANI Head-TP4a.ani with size 160x120 (6.3% wasted)
ANI Head-TP3b.ani with size 160x120 (6.3% wasted)
ANI Head-CM1c.ani with size 160x120 (6.3% wasted)
Frame 895 too long!!: frametime = 0.316 (0.316)
Got event GS_EVENT_END_GAME (4) in state GS_STATE_GAME_PLAY (2)
Unloading in mission messages
ANI 2_main2-m1.ani with size 171x192 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-m2.ani with size 275x184 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-m3.ani with size 264x141 (44.9% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d1.ani with size 208x98 (23.4% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d6.ani with size 112x99 (22.7% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d3.ani with size 347x329 (35.7% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d4.ani with size 104x101 (21.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d5.ani with size 176x115 (10.2% wasted)
ANI 2_main2-d2.ani with size 211x195 (23.8% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_QUIT_GAME (5) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Freeing all existing models...
... Log closed, Sat Sep 26 08:08:16 2009

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oooh boy. This is what we call "a mess".

This:
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\fsport3_1_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1d2c40f2 needs to be in the fsport folder, and only there.

This:
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xdc8abbde needs to be in the fsport-mediavps folder.

Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0xd06bf123
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0xc9e372bb
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Core.vp' with a checksum of 0x0dc7bb8f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xa3141c30
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0x4dbbbe96

You are missing the patch for the mediavps. Get it here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Ah, there we go. Some of the instructions weren't very clear for FSport installation. Thanks The E.

The Shivan cargo is supposed to be low poly, right?

Offline -Norbert-

I can't tell you for sure, but I think non of the cargo containers have been HTLed so far.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, all FS1 Shivan cargo containers are low poly.

I just finished the game again for the 6th time, first time running FSPort. I love this game so much. I liked that little mission thing after the Lucifer, heh. I jumped out when I was 12,000 meters out from that Orion and Arcadia since I couldn't be bothered to fly that distance in a Herc. Now, time for Silent Threat: Reborn

Some parts of the Elysium are see-through.