Author Topic: Independant Space Sims  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Independant Space Sims
Tales of the Rampant Coyote: Fourteen Indie 3D Space Combat Games - And More!

The above blogger made a post with all the latest space sims in development detailed and linked. It's nice to have a starting point when you're looking for something different.

Dissect and discuss.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Independant Space Sims
Good article. But why does everyone think B5:IfH is based on FreeSpace?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Good article. But why does everyone think B5:IfH is based on FreeSpace?

Probably because everyone mistakes it for the Babylon Project  :P.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Starshatter has some issues but is worth checking out. The biggest is that those publisher idiots still demand 40 bucks  :mad:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I don't think that's outrageous for a small independent publisher. Once you break $60 for a computer sim you've gone too far in most cases, though. And if you do charge that, that game-or-whatever-it-is better be worth it in some way, preferably in terms of modding or adding your own content.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline mxlm

Starshatter has some issues but is worth checking out. The biggest is that those publisher idiots still demand 40 bucks  :mad:

No, the biggest is that the old version with lame graphics--you know, the one that can run on my system--isn't being sold by the publishers anymore.

I are sad.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.