Author Topic: I really need some help here QQ  (Read 1645 times)

I really need some help here QQ
Hey guys. I've been trying to make my mutliplayer work for about 4hours now, went through all the

threads about it, and everytime i get more confused about what to do, so here goes.

I've just downloaded the DVD and installed my game from there. I initially followed the multiplayer

instructions from this thread   http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52243.0.html which was

part of the post of the DVD. All i was getting was that my connection failed.

Then, i followed the instructions from this thread

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=60643.0

which i found in the forums. I opened up my ports, created a config file in my data folder and the works

still my game failed to connect.

Then i read that i need the Zathras mod for multi, so i downloaded that and extracted into my game folder.

My new problem now is that when i try to run the game with the mod, game crashes and i get this message:

Error: Zathras-shp.tbm(line 17:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$Show Secondary Models:        (].

File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9 - BtRL\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT using the INF exe, in case you're wondering, and reason i'm making this thread although it might seem redundant is the other threads about multiplayer setup are simply confusing me on what i need to do.

Could someone please treat me like a 5year old and tell me in the lamest possible terms what i need to do in order to make my game work? Thnx in advance, and again sry for the redundant thread.

I first found TBP a few months ago, but RL kept me from playing so i'm a noob, i just downloaded the DVD, do i need zathras or not, ports open or not, config file or not etc.
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline -Norbert-

Re: I really need some help here QQ
For starters you should be using a 3.6.10 inferno build.
Otherwise Zathras won't work.

There is a file called "fs2_open_3_6_10_INF.exe" in the zip that Zathras came in.

Not sure wether an Inferno build is necessary, but a 3.6.10 build is needed for sure. And from the Error you posted it looks like you are using a 3.6.9 build at the moment.

Thnx mate, never saw that. Works now, i can communicate with parallax. I still dont see any servers online when i go into games, that normal or bad? Thnx again.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Unfortunately it's normal.  Should be some people on tomorrow for the scheduled weekly games. Best bet if you want to play is to hit the HLP IRC channel and see if anyone is up for a few games. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

kk thnx, will try figure that out.