Author Topic: HTL model, need testers  (Read 16442 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: HTL model, need testers
This looks very very nice. Heartfelt congratulations.

Do you mean the Babylon Hyperion or the. . . . . . Other one?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Babylon, I presume.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
This looks very very nice. Heartfelt congratulations.

Do you mean the Babylon Hyperion or the. . . . . . Other one?

I had to put in on hold since I ran into troubles with the 3dsmax POF-exporter. But with Collada support in PCS2, that is no longer an obstacle. So wanted to test the tool chain (DAE exporting, ambient occlusion texture baking and some other texturing tricks I learned along the way) with something simpler (which shouldn't  have taken so long... haha), so I started with the container and freighters, but that's now almost 2 years ago ;) Time to finish them up and get back to more important things.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
NICE!

:yes:

...By the way, did IPAndrews ever respond to your freighter development in a friendly fashion? I don't think Kara perma-banned him...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:37:18 am by Thaeris »
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
That's a pretty awesome model, you have there. Keep up the good work!
If i may suggest the next HTL model...the Omega class Destroyer! ;)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Looking good.  Keep in mind name and number plate options when you get to the mapping stage. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
...By the way, did IPAndrews ever respond to your freighter development in a friendly fashion? I don't think Kara perma-banned him...
That's for Zatharas, so it's not IPA's buisness.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'm aware of that. However, he did almost seem to attempt some sort of helpful criticism, though he mostly seemed to be trolling.

:doubt:

How precisely was his work "stolen," anyway?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Ooh nice work with the Hyperion.
Still dying to see the Warlock in the same fashion.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
How precisely was his work "stolen," anyway?

in one word? It was not  :) 

PLEASE keep this thread free of this topic, search for the topics regarding that subject. Posts about it will be removed, I've had it with discussing this old crap in every single topic there is  :lol:   Please don't be offended, I am just stating a fact.

Regarding the model:
NICE INDEED
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
But that's three words. :P

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Back on topic.

Docking points, the main dock remains where it is for backwards compatibility reasons, even though it may look weird if a shuttle docks to some girder structure. But since docking points are independent from the tables, I've added two more:

One on the under side of the saucer (for shuttles and breaching pods), and one on top of the forward tank.

The one on the tank is to dock the freighter to larger vessels, or another freighter to make a neat sandwich:

POF-wise, freighter type 1 is done... only the normal maps need more work, and then with some cut/pasting freighter type 2 will be done very quickly.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
:D

...I thought a very large smile would suffice.

...Well, if I could make it 50pt.  :P

Good Stuff!

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Looks good, are you planing to make a tanker version too?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Looking good.  If you don't mind when you consider it close to final shoot it over to me in either max or obj format and I'll see about souping it up a little more then just extra docking points.  I've gotten rather good at adding features to ships while still preserving compatibility.  Could probably get 3 or 4 more uses out of it easily with still a single table entry. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Looking good.  If you don't mind when you consider it close to final shoot it over to me in either max or obj format and I'll see about souping it up a little more then just extra docking points.  I've gotten rather good at adding features to ships while still preserving compatibility.  Could probably get 3 or 4 more uses out of it easily with still a single table entry.  

Can you elaborate on that a bit? Before I let anyone fiddle around under the hood,  I'd like to know what he's up to ;)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Sent you a PM.  Don't want to let the cats out of the bag yet.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Looks good, are you planing to make a tanker version too?

Eventually yes.

@FUBAR: PM replied.

Offline A2597

Freaking awesome work sir, and thank you!

Hmm...this almost makes me want to get back into modeling.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
**** thats real good. Since I have not got any mails from FUB, I assume the thing works like a charm  :rolleyes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.