Author Topic: World in Flame (WIP)  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Desertfox287

• Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

Hello everyone and welcome to the first news post about the new campaign World in Flame set prior to the discovery of the Vasudans.
The main gameplay hopefully will be within the atmosphere of earth and other planets (If we can get this to work) as well as in deep space. We will be needing voice talent with accents such as, British, German, French, Africa, Middle East, Eastern European, East Asian, South American, Spanish/Mexican, and some American/Canadian voices. Post here if you have anything for example voice talent, or how to make dogfighting in the atmosphere possible.

Ship in picture by: Nuke

Thank you,
                   Desertfox&WiseWraith, founders of the World in Flame Campaign.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:51:43 pm by Desertfox287 »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Can you tell us about the story outline?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Desertfox287

We don't want to give it away yet, but we will later.

Offline Solatar

Finish the campaign, then worry about voice actors.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
QFT

Offline Desertfox287

That was our plan, just putting it out there so it would be known note the we will be needing Also showing the diversity of the campaign
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 09:32:32 pm by Desertfox287 »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Fair enough. :) It's just that this community has seen its share of newbies come in and announce a grandiose new project, and then right away concern themselves with searching for voice actors, a step which should really only be taken when everything else is just about complete.  I'll let you guess how many of said newbies ever manage to get anything released.  Provided you keep your priorities in order, you'll have a far better chance of getting far enough to create something worthy of release.

Offline Desertfox287

we're getting there, still in a very basic state however.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:43:59 pm by Desertfox287 »

First of all, storyline is one of the most important things when it comes to developing mods. Once you have a story (or at least a part of one long enough to get things going), you'll need to figure out what you need (this one is rather simple: FREDders, perhaps modellers/texturers if the mod is heavy with ships).

And once you have all that, just keep going in the general direction that was chosen in the very beginning. And don't give up when your progress rate is so slow it might take a few years to release the whole mod, it's just the way it is.

I'll let you guess how many of said newbies ever manage to get anything released.

Well I've heard some legends of newbies actually releasing stuff you know, and if you search hard enough you might even find some truth to them...
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Desertfox287

First of all, storyline is one of the most important things when it comes to developing mods. Once you have a story (or at least a part of one long enough to get things going), you'll need to figure out what you need (this one is rather simple: FREDders, perhaps modellers/texturers if the mod is heavy with ships).

And once you have all that, just keep going in the general direction that was chosen in the very beginning. And don't give up when your progress rate is so slow it might take a few years to release the whole mod, it's just the way it is.

What we are planning now, is to have a story before the great war, and to use ships from inferno as well as others. We are working slowly, but need help with a couple things that are troubling, mainly putting a lot of ships in fred. We aren't going to set a official release for the campaign, but we are planning for development to take a few months or so.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Do you need a modder with plenty of experience with FSO features?
I can help with adding new ships, weapons and making normal maps.
I also have experience with other tables that are not ussualy changed, like fireball.tbl or spieces_defs.tbl .

Offline Desertfox287

Do you need a modder with plenty of experience with FSO features?
I can help with adding new ships, weapons and making normal maps.
I also have experience with other tables that are not ussualy changed, like fireball.tbl or spieces_defs.tbl .
Well, I guess you can help, we mainly need someone who can help us add more ships in because we have too many and fred won't let us add more.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
If that's the problem, why won't you switch to INF build?

Offline Desertfox287

If that's the problem, why won't you switch to INF build?
Because I am new to this and have no idea how to do that easily

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=66807.0
Get the one described as Group: Inferno, then select it in launcher.
You'll have to create a new pilot for it.
Inferno bulids function just like normal bulids, with the exception of ship and weapon limit.
The reason they were separated was a need to create a new pilot file, also, 3.6.9 INF didn't worked in multi, though that's no longer the case.

Offline Desertfox287

thaanks I can start working again, but the only other thing necessary is to scale down a model we found that would work well.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Which model do you want to rescale and what's the target size?

Offline Desertfox287

We also could use modeler to model something for the campaign if anyone is interested./ We were going to rescale the Galaxy Carrier user made ship1/3 its normal size, but it's been proven to be a bit difficult, so we are just going to see if we could get a modeler with a bit of experience to make anything extra we need.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Getting a modeler may be a good idea, as rescaling the Galaxy may make it's fighterbays look silly, being to small to fit fighters in.
BTW, why won't you just use Saggitarius from TVWP, it's 1000m in size (a bit smaller than 1/3 of the Galaxy) and has 4 fighterbays, while Galaxy have 5, but it doesn't matter since number of bay paths is limited to 10 anyway. I can reskin it for you if you want.

Offline Desertfox287

It has to look old, and I have never seen it before....