Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Gun lust indeed, despite the many false advertisements given by Marcus and the loading screen game tips, I say questing for the "perfect" weapon has never been more time consuming.

Offline mxlm

The PC version is $20 at amazon.com, fyi.

Yeah, I ordered it.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It's good fun, but after a while it does become a little bit too much of the same thing repeating itself. The similarity in the "filler" quests is obvious and it starts to feel like they're not worth doing.

That said, I love the graphics style and there are a lot of guns in it, which is a big plus of course. I'm just not sure it's enough to make a good game a fantastic game for me. Fun, but I'm glad it wasn't 39.99.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I quite enjoy it, the coop functionality on PC is pretty cool.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
I have enjoyed this game a lot so far but would have liked to see a larger questing system because in the 2nd go through (around level 35) you still do the same quests over again. They should have at least changed the quests for the 2nd pass.

I think the DLC is a bit expensive for the content they provide. The Ned's expansion adds I think 4-6 hours of content for $10 and the new Moxxi DLC will add a Arena and the storage bank they should put them both together for $10.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
wow that was a sort of a LOLWUT enging.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Though this may be a little bit of an old thread that was bumped...

Just got the game a few days ago and I must say splitscreen games have never been more fun. It's one of the few games where you can actually go through the campaign with a friend.

Just got Sledges shotgun, thing is a beast minus the fact it has 0.0 accuracy. The pellets ought to go out at 90 degree angles...
"No"

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I just got this too. Seems pretty fun so far.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
just remember the ending sucks so make the most out of the fun part of the game, do every mission that does not involve collecting the next artifact until that is the only thing  left to do.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

At the end I was like, "WTF? What just happened. That made no sense whatsoever to me."
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
D:

Now it's ruined for me!
I foretell uninterestingness to come!
"No"

Okay, massive bump and/or necro here, but I just bought this game off Steam after some incredibly fun split-screen with a friend on his 360, and I only know one guy to play this online with (not same guy as 360 friend), and we can't connect. :(  Multiplayer games with unknown people are a real crapshoot, and I'd like to play with someone who I know has a decent grasp of grammar and spelling, and just as importantly won't randomly flame me for being a total novice.  My Steam name is SpardaSon21, and yes, I am in the HLP Steam group so just sending a BL-related message through there will work if you want a buddy and don't care if he is a newb, and if anyone wants to friend me on Xfire for some Borderlands action my screenname is dwnwithmsoft and just tell me who you are in the invite since I only friend people I know or semi-know.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Okay, massive bump and/or necro here, but I just bought this game off Steam after some incredibly fun split-screen with a friend on his 360, and I only know one guy to play this online with (not same guy as 360 friend), and we can't connect. :(  Multiplayer games with unknown people are a real crapshoot, and I'd like to play with someone who I know has a decent grasp of grammar and spelling, and just as importantly won't randomly flame me for being a total novice.  My Steam name is SpardaSon21, and yes, I am in the HLP Steam group so just sending a BL-related message through there will work if you want a buddy and don't care if he is a newb, and if anyone wants to friend me on Xfire for some Borderlands action my screenname is dwnwithmsoft and just tell me who you are in the invite since I only friend people I know or semi-know.

I'd like to play a game of Borderlands again for change (but I don't have the claptrap DLC...)
contact me on Steam ("jpd_0rph3u5" I'm in the HLP group) or via PM
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
y'know, I'm tempted to get the GOTY edition sometime this fall, afterall, there is DOOK NOOKEM FOREVER DEMO on it, and the whole 'splitscreen co-op RPG' thing looks like a blast seeing as 1/2 my 360 time involves split-screen.

Okay, massive bump and/or necro here, but I just bought this game off Steam after some incredibly fun split-screen with a friend on his 360, and I only know one guy to play this online with (not same guy as 360 friend), and we can't connect. :(  Multiplayer games with unknown people are a real crapshoot, and I'd like to play with someone who I know has a decent grasp of grammar and spelling, and just as importantly won't randomly flame me for being a total novice.  My Steam name is SpardaSon21, and yes, I am in the HLP Steam group so just sending a BL-related message through there will work if you want a buddy and don't care if he is a newb, and if anyone wants to friend me on Xfire for some Borderlands action my screenname is dwnwithmsoft and just tell me who you are in the invite since I only friend people I know or semi-know.
Sure, I'll play with you when I have time.  I kinda like teaching people stuff, so you being a newbie is fine.  Message me on Steam or PM me about it (I'm starslayer67 on Steam).