Author Topic: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer  (Read 37559 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer
Who calls people by their supervisory position unless they're really high up the chain (Person being adressed) or in serious deep ****? :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:17:37 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Eh, this is meant to be a half-competent fighter corps. :P

Offline -Norbert-

Come to think of it...
Are all the UEF pilots volunteers or was there a military drafting too?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I've no idea, but I think it'd be against Ubuntu principle to draft.

Offline nuone

Interesting video, but nothing like the Neptune or other previews. Terrible flight skills and tactics. Nonetheless thanks for the preview.

By the way, any good fighter pilot knows you go after the beam cannons on capital ships first. A.I wingmen are good for distractions while Alpha 1 takes out beams. If this were done, could the Hecate be destroyed/disabled, or is it programmed to jump out like the cowardly GTVA usually do?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Eh, dude. The purpose of this video was to showcase the mod, not sexually assault the GTVA Fighter Corps. :P I assure you, Fury is a fine pilot. :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
From the looks of it the UEF fighter corp are sexually assaulting each other lol. . :bah:

Whats with the disco frigate by the way? What's it do?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I leave home for a few days and...

:jaw:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Interesting video, but nothing like the Neptune or other previews. Terrible flight skills and tactics. Nonetheless thanks for the preview.

There's no call to be rude to Fury, and that was definitely rude. You should apologize.

By the way, any good fighter pilot knows you go after the beam cannons on capital ships first. A.I wingmen are good for distractions while Alpha 1 takes out beams. If this were done, could the Hecate be destroyed/disabled, or is it programmed to jump out like the cowardly GTVA usually do?

Any good fighter pilot knows to do his job, and with so much fighter cover threatening the friendly gunships who are supposed to be handling beam disarmament, those fighters are certainly a priority.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Exactly. Follow orders, show initiative in the absence of such.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You can go directly for the beams yourself if you want, but our Hecate isn't precisely stock, so there's some incentive to try to keep the gunships alive to do their jobs.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This file is a biggun'.

Which mission is it, out of curiosity? Have I played it? If so, has it changed from the version I played and were any of ngtm1r's or my feedbacks taken into consideration? :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Why don't you just use the Youtube link?

Of course your feedback was taken into consideration, you silly.  Yes, you've played it, it's m02. But this version shows off the new AI.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
So far.  :)

(though arguably untrue given that part of Sam's decision to reach the Vishnans had to do with his love of Eriana)

Yeah, but given that he had a straight relationship with her (sort of), that's okay.

...right? :nervous:

...our Hecate isn't precisely stock...

The Iceni depicted in FS2 was never a stock warship either. Good on the BP team for tweaking its guns. :nod:

Terrible flight skills and tactics.

Quote from: A Vasudan
If you knew the truth, you would not say such things.

I leave home for a few days and...

:jaw:

What, the five-page reply? Yeah, get used to it. This IS under the Community Highlights after all.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
So far.  :)

(though arguably untrue given that part of Sam's decision to reach the Vishnans had to do with his love of Eriana)

Yeah, but given that he had a straight relationship with her (sort of), that's okay.

Why does this matter? The question (NGTM-1R) concerned relationships at large, and there's certainly no distinction drawn in-universe.

The Iceni depicted in FS2 was never a stock warship either. Good on the BP team for tweaking its guns.

Huh, really? The in-mission Iceni didn't match the table entry? I did not know that.

Anyway, it's not so much the guns being tweaked as the subsystem armor, via a new feature Fury got the SCP to implement.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:29:09 am by General Battuta »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ah, Post Meridian...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo

The Iceni depicted in FS2 was never a stock warship either. Good on the BP team for tweaking its guns.

Huh, really? The in-mission Iceni didn't match the table entry? I did not know that.

Anyway, it's not so much the guns being tweaked as the subsystem armor, via a new feature Fury got the SCP to implement.

Really? The Wiki/actual tables do not have the Iceni equipped with beam cannons, yet in "Rebels and Renegades" the ship is definately trying to zap some over-zealous Vasudans!  :P
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So BGreens aren't beam cannons?

The Iceni did have a lot of mission-specific armaments but the default tables do give it beam cannons.

EDIT
lol typo fixed im stupid lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:24:07 pm by Snail »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
*Epic Facepalm

I can't believe I missed that. I meant to say anit-fighter beams, which are not standard weapons for the ship according to the tables. The Iceni clearly has those in that mission...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline -Norbert-

I just noticed some "items" blow the wings of the playship when it jumps out. Are those externally carried missles there (like the use in TBP for example)?