Author Topic: More Help With Truespace  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
More Help With Truespace
Sorry for some of my jerk behavior around here lately, or at least what I call jerkish...

In any case, can someone help me do this: Apply multiple textures to one subobject without using the paint tool in Truespace 1? This'll go into Freespace 2, BTW.  

I've also got Rhino Full and 3D Explorer, so I can always try the cob-low-rhino editing-cob route. But I don't think that'll help much.

------------------
[Looks at his XWAU Orders... Keep a high profile.]
X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project Public Relations. No, XWA won't such anymore!
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

More Help With Truespace

Originally posted by Ypoknons:
Sorry for some of my jerk behavior around here lately, or at least what I call jerkish...

In any case, can someone help me do this: Apply multiple textures to one subobject without using the paint tool in Truespace 1? This'll go into Freespace 2, BTW.  

I've also got Rhino Full and 3D Explorer, so I can always try the cob-low-rhino editing-cob route. But I don't think that'll help much.

Not really possible in ts 1.0...nor in any other than 4.x or above. You'd need per face-tools.

Offline Grey Wolf

More Help With Truespace
You can do multiple maps in TS1. If you want to apply one per primitive, move down in the Hierarchy and then apply it. If you want to apply more than one per primitive, you can apply one to each face: just paint the faces you want with a different map with a different base material, apply the ones you want. This is because the paint over material will only paint over that material in that area of the object. It won't pain over other materials. I used both of these techniques on the GTF Jupiter.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw