Author Topic: Woot (off to the desert with me)  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Woot (off to the desert with me)
So, on the ides of March, my unit's sending me on my first deployment ever.  Qatar.  Whoop.  I'm excited.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline iamzack

Re: Woot (off to the desert with me)
bet its warm in qatar...
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Be carefull then  :)
el hombre vicio...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hope you get Bastion. It's like a home away from home.

If you get a FOB. Just stay cool.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuclear1

Hope you get Bastion. It's like a home away from home.

If you get a FOB. Just stay cool.

Looks like it's gonna be Al Udeid Air Base.  Could be a lot worse I suppose.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Not wanting you to go into any detail, aren't the head sheds putting you on a pre-deployment tour to acclimatise first?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Doesn't look as crowded as it was before, are you aircrew or?

Offline Nuclear1

Not wanting you to go into any detail, aren't the head sheds putting you on a pre-deployment tour to acclimatise first?
That's essentially what this is.  I finished my initial qualification courses here in the States, and what usually happens next is they just send us up in one of the jets here and do our first few flights over Nebraska.  Instead, what they're doing is sending a few of us to do the flight phase of our training over in Qatar.  

Doesn't look as crowded as it was before, are you aircrew or?
Yep.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Are you an officer or an enlisted man, Nuclear?

...I'm merely interested as I was a cadet at one time - I also have several friends who will be 2nd Lieutenants when the year is over.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Nuclear1

Enlisted.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Enlisted man. Good stuff, I volunteered for my posting and now it's officially the biggest regiment in the British Army for a whole year.

Are you AWACS JBCIS or Logistal?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Nuclear1

Neither.  Recon onboard one of these:

The RAF has guys that do the same thing, IIRC.  Just use a different platform. (Pretty sure this is one your linguists use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker-Siddeley_Nimrod)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Offline Nuclear1

Yeah, rumor was the RAF was looking into buying some RJ's at some point.  Not sure what the status of that is now, though. 

Hell, they want some of our 35+ year old airframes, we'd be happy to give them some...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
They should just keep the things, they're not saving *that* much money, and by pulling the Nimrod, they lose a chunk of their local SAR cover.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
All the best Nuclear1! Safe flying.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.